Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create new forum

Options
  • 06-08-2015 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

How do I create a forum on Boards.ie?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

o_sheehan wrote: »

You can't. It's up to the admin to create forums. You can suggest a forum to be made in Forum Requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,093 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

o_sheehan wrote: »

This aint reddit we have standards :pac: we dont need coontown.ie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

KKkitty wrote: »
    You can't. It's up to the admin to create forums. You can suggest a forum to be made in Forum Requests.
    Which is totally broken

I've seen the word forum used in place of thread by some posters who are used to posting on other sites, so perhaps o_sheehan is looking to start a new thread, which would explain them posting in an old thread here.

If that's the case, then you need to choose the forum (category/topic) which bests suits your query or discussion, and click on the "new thread" button at the top of the page. You can only start a new thread once you are within a forum. Unlike some other sites which allow you to choose that at a later stage.

If you are unsure of what forum/topic/category is most suitable, you can ask in the helpdesk forum here, bearing in mind that you should only use that forum to get information on where to post and not to post your actual query or discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed. Original poster, it doesn't seem quite clear what exactly you're after, but Feedback isn't the place for it (nor are threads from 13 years ago)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement