Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland - Closures

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Trying to figure out how an off-license could even fail one of those inspections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Trying to figure out how an off-license could even fail one of those inspections.

Poor storage maybe? Out of date items?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One I go to frequently has cheese and cold meats on sale - but its a bit posher than the one in question I'd guess.

Ice making kit can be failed, which could be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

My local chipper was closed, never going near it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

I have frequented the same place admiral sir.
    You're right. There is an alternative establishment over the river Dodder in rathfarnham Village.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rockin Joe’s (restaurant), 115 O’Connell St, Limerick was also closed. That's their main branch.

Not going to any of their branches again to be honest! :eek: Always thought it was run quite poorly, even here in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

My local chipper was closed, never going near it again

The place in Terenure?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

RomanKnows wrote: »
    The place in Terenure?
    That chipper is still going but the attached restaurant has been closed for a while. A bit odd since AFAIK they use the same facilities and supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Was in the chipper last Sunday night cos Eddie's was closed and we'd been boozing at the match all day.

It's uh...an interesting place.

I remember reading about Lisa's Trattoria recently enough, reviews everywhere for the place were just awful. Makes you wonder how they kept it open at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

seamus wrote: »
    I remember reading about Lisa's Trattoria recently enough, reviews everywhere for the place were just awful. Makes you wonder how they kept it open at all.
    I remember it getting great reviews ages ago but that was 10+ years ago IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I remember it getting great reviews ages ago but that was 10+ years ago IIRC
    Some of the Terenure "Beautiful People" were loyal patrons at that time too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Terenure Take Away/Dinos is the worst chipper in Dublin. Have got food on 2 occasions there and thrown it away both times. It's the last option for late night food sometimes as it stays open til about 5am on weekends. Don't know how they're getting it so wrong as they have been there forever and should have it down to a fine art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

sabat wrote: »
    Terenure Take Away/Dinos is the worst chipper in Dublin. Have got food on 2 occasions there and thrown it away both times. It's the last option for late night food sometimes as it stays open til about 5am on weekends. Don't know how they're getting it so wrong as they have been there forever and should have it down to a fine art.

I lived in Terenure for a few months, a 30 second walk from the chipper. Only had food from there twice. Wasn't great. What made it worse was the old lady pretending to be friendly to the customers while a grown man could he heard crying out the back. With some other female screaming at him. It was awkward.

You'd rarely see anyone in Lisa's. Always looking for new waiters and delivery drivers. A new chipper in Terenure would make a fortune.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Academic wrote: »
    Some closure orders from The Food Safety Authority of Ireland, a few in Dublin. Includes Molloys of Talbot street.

https://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/press_releases/july_enforcements_06082015.html

Cheers,

Ac

rats in the store room!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Is Lisa's Trattoria still part of Dino's, as in Dino's Bar & Grill from the Thin Lizzy song?

It used to be a mystery to me, when I lived nearby, why they didn't call it Dino's Bar & Grill, from a marketing perspective.

When I was a student, we used to go there for massive €5 pizzas.

Always thought it was funny how the price list includes "1 egg" for €0.50. I'd love to have just walked in off the street and asked for "one egg, please".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

BeerNut wrote: »
    That chipper is still going but the attached restaurant has been closed for a while. A bit odd since AFAIK they use the same facilities and supplies.
    Looked open an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

if a businness is closed due to rats for example, can it reopen?
    If so, is there a waiting period?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

steve66 wrote: »
    if a businness is closed due to rats for example, can it reopen?
    If so, is there a waiting period?

As soon as its cleared up/sorted, for a first offence at least

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

They have to give the rats notice to leave but in today's tight accommodation market a lot of them are overstaying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Food safety standards are very lax in a lot of premises. I was in a Chinese store while waiting on a luas yesterday, there was a pigs head in a cardboard box on the floor beside the counter fully exposed among a lot of other dirt. I took a sneaky pic which I will send on to fsai. Shocking how scruffy the place was, and it was busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Food safety standards are very lax in a lot of premises. I was in a Chinese store while waiting on a luas yesterday, there was a pigs head in a cardboard box on the floor beside the counter fully exposed among a lot of other dirt. I took a sneaky pic which I will send on to fsai. Shocking how scruffy the place was, and it was busy.
    Jervis?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Jervis?

I bought meat from that butcher on friday.
    Its the only place where certain cuts can be got, and tbh, i kind of expect a grubiness around the chinese supermarkets/butchers, it doesnt bother me that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭steve66

Thank you. I have since found out.
    (a) the story was older than i was led to believe.
    (b) when it was written up in the local paper, the problem had already been resolved.
    It was written up in the issue dated 20th of aug. But the shop had been reopened since july. I know that, because I spoke to a food safety rep.
    (c) It wasn't rats, it was cockroaches.

Advertisement