Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque in two names

Options
  • 07-08-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, 
    Can I lodge a cheque into my own bank account if the cheque is made out in two names? it is  BOI cheque, with my name and one other name on the cheque. I want to lodge it into my own account that just has name name on it. 
    thanks
    Julie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

juliec36 wrote: »
    Hi there, 
    Can I lodge a cheque into my own bank account if the cheque is made out in two names? it is  BOI cheque, with my name and one other name on the cheque. I want to lodge it into my own account that just has name name on it. 
    thanks
    Julie
    Hi juliec365, 

Thanks for your post.

Yes, once the cheque does not say "account payee only" on it; then the cheque can be lodged to a sole account and both people will need sign the cheque to endorse it.

If it does say "account payee only" then the cheque can only be lodged to an account in joint names.

I hope this helps, 

Janette

Advertisement