Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Issue, Windows 10..

Options
  • 07-08-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I took the upgrade to windows 10 and have had no issues until today.

Outlook has worked perfectly, but today there was some prompting about "Onedrive", I clicked a few things (next etc) just to get the thing off the screen. Then outlook stopped working.

Now when I try to open outlook it says "Cannot open default email folders. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to acess the file" (then the file path is showed).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

Is this the same problem you're having?

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/pst-file-access-denied

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

MagTuired wrote: »
    Is this the same problem you're having?

http://www.msoutlook.info/question/pst-file-access-denied

Thanks for that. Looked like exactly the problem I was having. I tried it but whatever I did it made things worse.

I'm getting PC to a friend who is an IT guy.

But thanks again for that link, I reckon I must of just not followed guidelines properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭MagTuired

No worries! Sorry it didn't work out for ye. I know how much trouble it is if some component of Office is down...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

This issue becomes common after Windows 10 update. To resolve this one problem, there is a need to allow “Full Control” with existing Outlook account. It can be simply performed in following steps:

Reach at Outlook Data File via predefined path:

C:\Users\<yourName>\Documents\Outlook File\<pst name>.pst

1. Now Right-click and choose Properties -> Security tab -> Edit
    2. Select your User account -> check “Full control”
    3. Press OK until all boxes close and then restart Outlook.

Now, you would be able to resolve this one issue permanently.

Thanks

Advertisement