Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Securigard or ADT monitored?

• 07-08-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Looking for some advice on what system to install in a new house.

Requirements:
    • Wireless
    • Monitered
    • Smart system (fobs, RFID, etc)
    • Can send push notifications or SMS

I'm thinking either the Visonics wireless system from Securigard or the ADT connect plus.

I don't know anything about Securigard but my impressions are good. ADT are a big name so they seem like a solid option, although the monitored cost is nearly €300 more per year than the Securigard. Any pros/cons from each option that should be considered? Does the ADT support push notifications or SMS?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Adt may well tie you to monitoring for their apps to work etc.
    Shop around some licenced company's more local and you will get better prices and options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

KoolKid wrote: »
    Adt may well tie you to monitoring for their apps to work etc.
    Shop around some licenced company's more local and you will get better prices and options.

Tie me in to what apps?

How about Securigard, any experience?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I think the connect plus comes with phone apps. While many systems have these features for free, you may be tied to monitoring contracts to keep it there.
    No experience to report with securiguard.

Advertisement