Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone bought in Argos

• 07-08-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

The iphones currently for sale in Argos are Sim Free.

I bought a refurbished iPhone 5 last December in Argos and I can't remember what it said about sim free as I was with the same phone provider.

I'm looking at changing to 48 and it has to be unlocked before starting the changeover on their website.

Does anyone know if these phones were sold unlocked?

Sorry if stupid question!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

tina1040 wrote: »
    The iphones currently for sale in Argos are Sim Free.

I bought a refurbished iPhone 5 last December in Argos and I can't remember what it said about sim free as I was with the same phone provider.

I'm looking at changing to 48 and it has to be unlocked before starting the changeover on their website.

Does anyone know if these phones were sold unlocked?

Sorry if stupid question!

As Captain says, all unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Using one I got in January right now, on the 48 network :) Just opened it up and popped in the sim :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

They are completely unlocked.

I have one and I also use 48.

One thing 48 won't roam with iPhone 5 and 5C they have a glitch, pain for me as i go to Europe a good few times per year :(

Advertisement