Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing an account made via facebook

Options
  • 07-08-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

So I made this account using the option to create the account using a facebook account.

As such, it never required a password. I now want to close this account but it is asking me for a password to so. I do not have a password for this account. I tried my facebook password just in case (extremely unlikely that would work) but no joy.

Any ideas? Have I just exposed a bug for you guys?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Try "reset password" link maybe? That should force it to send you a mail and let you reset your password from that IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 junglyparty

I never had an email set up for this account. It actually allowed me to do that without an email set up and said it was successful, even though I will get any email.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 junglyparty

Even though I will never get any email.

I can't even edit that last post. Accounts set up via facebook are ****y.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,094 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The office staff might have to help you with that during business hours I'm thinking. I didn't even know account signups could be done via facebook linkup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I never had an email set up for this account. It actually allowed me to do that without an email set up and said it was successful, even though I will get any email.
    But when setting it up with facebook set up FB would share your e-mail you used on your FB account for the set up with boards.ie (or that's how it would normally work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Nody wrote: »
    But when setting it up with facebook set up FB would share your e-mail you used on your FB account for the set up with boards.ie (or that's how it would normally work).

You don't need an email account to setup Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 83,094 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    You don't need an email account to setup Facebook

Now that you mention it - it might be using your @facebook.com, which is kinda a thing. https://www.facebook.com/help/224049364288051 for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

When you register with Facebook, the popup window states that boards will receive your email address.

Your gmail address is linked with your account, junglyparty. Not sure the process to close via Facebook, but PM if you need help with the email address. Would suggest the reset password option as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Overheal wrote: »
    Now that you mention it - it might be using your @facebook.com, which is kinda a thing. https://www.facebook.com/help/224049364288051 for instance

My understanding was that you could register for Facebook using a mobile number in preference to an email address.

Advertisement