Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today FM 15 for 15

• 07-08-2015 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

http://www.todayfm.com/skysports

Select your best 15 Gaelic footballers of the last 15 years, should spark so decent debate. Here is my pick

Cluxton

M O Se Canty Lynch
    T O Se Moynihan Mc Geeney

D O Se Cavanagh

Galvin Declan O Sullivan Mc Conville
    Mc Donnell Canavan Cooper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

http://www.todayfm.com/skysports

Select your best 15 Gaelic footballers of the last 15 years, should spark so decent debate. Here is my pick

Cluxton

M O Se Canty Lynch
    T O Se Moynihan Mc Geeney

D O Se Cavanagh

Galvin Declan O Sullivan Mc Conville
    Mc Donnell Canavan Cooper

You should precede that with an 'S'.
    Can't have people thinking Colm is close to being in a 15. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I don't think people will think that.

I don't think people will think that.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Cluxton
    Marc O Se
    Canty
    McMenamin
    Tomas O Se
    Moynihan
    Jordan
    Darragh O Se
    Kavanagh
    Flynn
    O Sullivan
    Connolly
    Cooper
    Murphy
    Canavan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

cluxton
    marc o se
    fay
    higgins
    tomas o se
    moynihan
    lacey
    darragh o se
    s cavanagh
    joyce
    deccie
    a brogan
    cooper
    canavan
    bernard brogan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Stephen Cluxton
    Marc O'Se
    Graham Canty
    Karl Lacey
    Tomas O'Se
    Kieran McGeeney
    Philip Jordan
    Dara O'Se
    Sean Cavanagh
    Brian Dooher
    Declan O'Sullivan/Kieran McDonald
    Paul Flynn
    Colm Cooper
    Peter Canavan
    Bernard Brogan

I've left out Michael Donnellan as he faded away very quickly in the early part of the 00's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Based on last 15 years.

Goalie Stephen Cluxton - Revolutionised the position

2 - Marc OSe
    3 - Darren Fay
    4 - Anthony Lynch

5 - Seamus Moynihan
    6 - James Nallen
    7 - Tomas OSe

8 - Sean Cavanagh
    9 - Darragh OShea

10 - Paul Galvin
    11 - Paul Barden.
    12 - Paul Flynn

13 - Colm Cooper
    14 - Paddy Bradley
    15 - James ODonoghue - I have to include him ahead of Brogan as he literally is waaaaay ahead of all other forwards in shooting accuracy. See here
    https://dontfoul.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/j-odonoghue-a-review/

Okay I'm taking following four factors:
    1. Consistent career on seasonal basis for greater than 7 years
    2. Statistically proven performance in terms of scoring/passing, keeping guys scoreless
    3. High skill set in the basics, catching, kicking, handpassing soloing, reading oponent and the game.
    4. Has stepped up to a 10 out of 10 level on several occasions
    5. Seasonal ability to help his team win games - help get scores (attackers/midfielders) or help prevent scores (defenders/midfielders)

Goalie Stephen Cluxton - Revolutionised the position

2 - Marc OSe - Scores heaviest of any corner back in (3)
    3 - Darren Fay - Scores heaviest seasonally on keeping guys scoreless (bar Padraig Joyce roasting)
    4 - Anthony Lynch - Lots will pick Keith Higgins. Anthony Lynch has a far better record in keeping guys scoreless and I'm from Mayo.

5 - Seamus Moynihan - Exceptional.
    6 - James Nallen - Think of all his passes and turnovers before turnovers were even a concept. The Nallen sweep of the ball back was common in big games. Consistent for 10 years.
    7 - Tomas OSe - Exceptional.

8 - Sean Cavanagh - Consistent for 10 years
    9 - Darragh OShea - Consistent for 10 years

10 - Paul Galvin - Consistent for 10 years
    11 - Paul Barden. **** - I had Kieran McDonald here, I'm from Mayo, you know what, Paul Barden has been the best centre forward in the last 15 years. Think of him taking it to the opposition like very few other forwards. Paul Barden deserves his spot keeping Longford 3 - 4 pts better than they should be in every single game. He often lined out at midfield but centre forward was his best position
    12 - Paul Flynn - The most consistent half forward. Diarmuid Connolly getting close.

13 - Colm Cooper
    14 - Paddy Bradley *** he wont make teams but stats show by far and away the best forward in Ulster even ahead of Canavan/Murphy/Tony Boyle. An unreal game winner on his own on an average Derry side. Of any footballer was most commonly the game winner with Paul Barden similar. Disgrace not in current Derry panel being highest scorer in Derry club football at 34!!;
    15 - James ODonoghue - I have to include him ahead of Brogan as he literally is waaaaay ahead of all other forwards in shooting accuracy. See here
    https://dontfoul.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/j-odonoghue-a-review/

Based on your own criteria James O'Donoghue should be excluded as he has been playing inter county football for 7 years

Based on your own criteria James O'Donoghue should be excluded as he has been playing inter county football for 7 years
    I'v made it simpler and just picked a team. Otherwise I have to drop Fay as after 2001 he wasnt at his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

James Nallon ? Steady on a bit
    I'd have Lacey ahead of him

Mattie Forde might be worth a spot in the forwards

• Advertisement

It's funny that people add Kerry and Tyrone players from the early 2000s but not a single Galway player from 1998 to 2001 when they made 3 finals appearances. Who knows about 1999 as there was no back door, may have been 4 finals in a row.

I think P.Joyce in particular is a glaring omission from most teams.
    Also someone like Sean Og De Paor would be high on my list.

It's funny that people add Kerry and Tyrone players from the early 2000s but not a single Galway player from 1998 to 2001 when they made 3 finals appearances. Who knows about 1999 as there was no back door, may have been 4 finals in a row.

I think P.Joyce in particular is a glaring omission from most teams.
    Also someone like Sean Og De Paor would be high on my list.

How much of their best years were in the last 15 years?

De Paor although a great player retired in 2005 and missed the 2004 championship.

Joyce was brilliant in the late 90' early 00's but I thought he had a few mediocre years after that before before finishing with a bit of revival towards the end of his career.He was a candidate for me but I always would have Peter Canavan ahead of him. Canavan played a large proportion of his best football before the period concerned but he still was class act up to 2005 so I had to include him.

Declan Meehan was another player from that team I would have considered but again Philip Jordan would just edge him because all of his football was played in the period we're dealing with.

In my opinion a lot of those Galway players from the all ireland winning teams fell away sharply after the 2001 All Ireland.

Padraig Joyce Maurice Fitz and Canavan I didn't like to leave out. But look who I picked:
    Colm Cooper
    Paddy Bradley
    James ODonoghue

Some guys were out n out full forward line. So won't be glaring omissions. The standard was phenomenal. It depends how you look at it. I picked James Nallen his best years pre 2001.
    Someone mentioned Sean Og De Paor. He wasn't better than Moynihan and Tomas OSe.
    David Moran brilliant but just two seasons. Its hard to strike a balance of career legends and recent superb seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

15 years is too long for this. Even ten years considering what's happened in football over the last five years.

How do you compare Darren Fay to Neil McGee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

keane2097 wrote: »
    15 years is too long for this. Even ten years considering what's happened in football over the last five years.

How do you compare Darren Fay to Neil McGee?

Exactly the debate I had. Full back was the biggest problem I had. In the end up I went for Moynihan as I think he's the more likely pick.

1-Cluxton

2- Marc O Sè
    3-Moynihan
    4- Lacey

5- Tomas O Sè
    6- McGeeney
    7- Jordan

8- Darragh O Sè
    9- Cavanagh

10- Flynn
    11-Maurice Fitz
    12-McConville

13- Gooch
    14- Murphy
    15- Canavan

And I'm sorry to the poster above. I don't care what the stats say there is no way I am entertaining any discussion that Bradley was better than Canavan, in any way shape or form.

11-Maurice Fitz

An interesting one. In that in terms of ability over his career he should make that team alright, but he only had 1 season in the past 15 as an inter county player. On the other hand, he went on to drive South Kerry to 3 county titles in the mid 00s. I'd include him...but being from Kerry I could be hopelessly biased.

An interesting one. In that in terms of ability over his career he should make that team alright, but he only had 1 season in the past 15 as an inter county player. On the other hand, he went on to drive South Kerry to 3 county titles in the mid 00s. I'd include him...but being from Kerry I could be hopelessly biased.

True.

Just couldn't leave him out though. If he's on the list he's in! 2nd to only Canavan as the best I've seen.

And I'm sorry to the poster above. I don't care what the stats say there is no way I am entertaining any discussion that Bradley was better than Canavan, in any way shape or form.
    Canavan was a better football player in skill. Bradley was more unmarkabke looking at the scorelines in his career and his contribution per game. I believe highest average score since Matt Connor.

Canavan was a better football player in skill. Bradley was more unmarkabke looking at the scorelines in his career and his contribution per game. I believe highest average score since Matt Connor.

Canavan was the better player full stop. He is one of the greatest to ever play the game, there's a decent argument for saying he is the best.

As for scoring averages or whatever, you could probably make a case for Rory Gallagher being more unmarkable on that basis.

It's a non contest between the two in truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

1.Stephen Cluxton-Dublin
    2.Marc O'Se-Kerry
    3.Graham Canty-Cork
    4.Karl Lacey-Donegal
    5.Tomas O'Se-Kerry
    6.Kieran McGeeney-Armagh
    7.Philip Jordan-Tyrone
    8.Dara O'Se-Kerry
    9.Sean Cavanagh-Tyrone
    10.Brian Dooher-Tyrone
    11.Colm Cooper-Kerry
    12.Alan Brogan-Dublin
    13.Stephen O'Neill-Tyrone
    14.Padraig Joyce-Galway
    15.Bernard Brogan-Dublin

Honourable mentions to Barry Owens(Fermanagh),Declan Browne(Tipp),John Galvin(Limerick),Paddy Bradley(derry),Paul Barden(Longford),Ryan McMenamin(Tyrone), Declan O'Sullivan and Mike McCarthy(Kerry)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Jolly Boys Outing

Goalkeeper: Stephen Cluxton - Dublin

Right Corner Back: Marc Ó’Sé - Kerry

Full Back: Neil McGee - Donegal

Left Corner Back: Tom O’Sullivan - Kerry

Right Half Back: Davy Harte - Tyrone

Centre Half Back: Kieran McGeeney - Armagh

Left Half Back: Tomas Ó’Sé - Kerry

Midfield: Aidan O’Shea - Mayo

Midfield: Sean Cavanagh - Tyrone

Right Half Forward: Darran O’Sullivan - Kerry

Center Half Forward: Michael Murphy - Donegal

Left Half Forward: Diarmuid Connolly - Dublin

Right Corner Forward: Cillian O’Connor - Mayo

Full Forward: Bernard Brogan - Dublin

Left Corner Forward: Colm Cooper - Kerry

Good craic doing this, only downside I dont know if you get a point for picking the player or the player and position, for example if they put cooper at full forward do I get a point??

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Something like the following

1. Cluxton
    2. Marc O'Se
    3. Darren Fay
    4. Keith Higgins
    5. Tomas O'Se
    6. Seamus Moynihan
    7. Karl Lacey
    8. Darragh O'Se
    9. Sean Cavanagh
    10. Paul Flynn
    11. Brian McGuigan
    12. Diarmuid Connolly
    13. Colm Cooper
    14. Stephen O'Neill
    15. Peter Canavan

If O'Donoghue keeps up last year's form I'd consider him ahead of O'Neill as he's pacier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

aveytare wrote: »
    Something like the following

1. Cluxton
    2. Marc O'Se
    3. Darren Fay
    4. Keith Higgins
    5. Tomas O'Se
    6. Seamus Moynihan
    7. Karl Lacey
    8. Darragh O'Se
    9. Sean Cavanagh
    10. Paul Flynn
    11. Brian McGuigan
    12. Diarmuid Connolly
    13. Colm Cooper
    14. Stephen O'Neill
    15. Peter Canavan

If O'Donoghue keeps up last year's form I'd consider him ahead of O'Neill as he's pacier.

If Padraic Joyce is out of consideration as he was only at the real top for the first 4/5 years, then James O'Donoghue should be nowhere near it. He has had a good year is all. Like picking Joe Bergin on a "Best Team of the Last 15 Years" if you were picking it in 2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,541 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I by and large picked the "best fifteen of my life-time" from the players available. So included Maurice Fitz and Donnellan even though their best football probably preceded the time period.

Stephen Cluxton-Dublin

Marc O'Se-Kerry
    Seamus Moynihan-Kerry
    Keith Higgins-Mayo (although I would chose Karl Lacey ahead of him, I think Higgins will pip him in the competition)

Tomas O'Se-Kerry
    Kieran McGeeney-Armagh
    Philip Jordan-Tyrone

Darragh O'Se-Kerry
    Sean Cavanagh-Tyrone

Stephen O'Neill-Tyrone (slightly out of position but did win an All Star in the half forward line in 2000)
    Maurice Fitzgerald-Kerry
    Michael Donnellan-Tyrone

Colm Cooper-Kerry
    Peter Canavan-Tyrone
    Matty Forde-Wexford (slightly biased but still maintain he is the most consistently brilliant forward I have seen in the flesh)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Peist2007 wrote: »
    If Padraic Joyce is out of consideration as he was only at the real top for the first 4/5 years, then James O'Donoghue should be nowhere near it. He has had a good year is all. Like picking Joe Bergin on a "Best Team of the Last 15 Years" if you were picking it in 2002.

Well that wasn't why I didn't consider him, I'm just a big fan of O'Donoghue - it's all subjective. If I had to pick a Galway player I think I would've opted for Donnellan ahead of McGuigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

S. Cluxton
    M. Ó' Sé
    J. Mc Mahon
    R. Mc Menamin
    T. Ó' Sé
    K. Mc Geeney
    P. Jordan
    D. Ó' Sé
    D. Earley
    B. Dooher
    D. O' Sullivan
    S. Cavanagh
    C. Cooper
    B. Brogan
    P. Canavan

mostly Tyrone/ Kerry players I know but they dominated most of the noughties

Should McConville be getting more mentions?

That half back line of O Sè, McGeeney, Jordan would be something wouldn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Graham Canty was not a fullback - there's no way I think he can be put in there ahead of others. For me fullback is between Fay, Moynihan and McGee but as has been said, 15 years is a long period and hard to compare these lads really. Still tis a bit of craic trying!

1. Cluxton
    2. Marc Ó'Sé
    3. Neil McGee
    4. Keith Higgins
    5. Tomas Ó'Sé
    6. Seamus Moynihan
    7. Kieran McGeeney
    8. Daragh Ó'Sé
    9. Sean Cavanagh
    10. Brian Dooher
    11. Declan O'Sullivan
    12. Oisín McConville
    13. Colm Cooper
    14. Peter Canavan
    15. Bernard Brogan

I tried to pick the players best in that position (one exception here was McGeeney - I couldn't leave him out), so imho Neil McGee has been the best natural fullback in the period and as a result Canty misses out to Moynihan for the center back spot (as again I think Moynihan was always best at center back).
    With any 15 you tend to look at them to see if there is a fair balance of county representation which makes it hard and you also tend to see who has the most AIs, All-Stars, or even footballer of the year. I only picked 6 of the past 15 footballers of the year which seems a bit mad looking back on it!
    Honourable mentions must go to (in no particular order!) Graham Canty, Karl Lacey, Declan Meehan, Philip Jordan, Stevie McDonnell, Michael Murphy (found it hard to leave him out tbh!), and possibly most especially to Stephen O'Neill who I thought was one of the most fantastic corner forwards in the game but I just couldn't leave out the Gooch and Bernard Brogan is my only outfield Dublin player so feel this will be a consideration. You could easily pick two players in each position and still feel you've left out some worthy of selection!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Peist2007 wrote: »

Was his good year the one he got Player of the Year, or the one he just got the All Star?

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    1. Cluxton
    2. Marc Ó'Sé
    3. Neil McGee
    4. Keith Higgins
    5. Tomas Ó'Sé
    6. Seamus Moynihan
    7. Kieran McGeeney
    8. Daragh Ó'Sé
    9. Sean Cavanagh
    10. Brian Dooher
    11. Declan O'Sullivan
    12. Oisín McConville
    13. Colm Cooper
    14. Peter Canavan
    15. Bernard Brogan

I tried to pick the players best in that position (one exception here was McGeeney - I couldn't leave him out), so imho Neil McGee has been the best natural fullback in the period and as a result Canty misses out to Moynihan for the center back spot (as again I think Moynihan was always best at center back).
    With any 15 you tend to look at them to see if there is a fair balance of county representation which makes it hard and you also tend to see who has the most AIs, All-Stars, or even footballer of the year. I only picked 6 of the past 15 footballers of the year which seems a bit mad looking back on it!
    Honourable mentions must go to (in no particular order!) Graham Canty, Karl Lacey, Declan Meehan, Philip Jordan, Stevie McDonnell, Michael Murphy (found it hard to leave him out tbh!), and possibly most especially to Stephen O'Neill who I thought was one of the most fantastic corner forwards in the game but I just couldn't leave out the Gooch and Bernard Brogan is my only Dublin player so feel this will be a consideration. You could easily pick two players in each position and still feel you've left out some worthy of selection!

Cluxton is a Dub as well. :)

---

I was listening to the Last Word last night and they were going through the merits of certain criteria of who to pick over others etc.

I think my 15 would be substantially different to the real one.

For me the only certs are Cluxton, S Cavanagh, D Ó Sé, Paul Flynn, Paul Galvin, Stephen O'Neill and Bernard Brogan. The rest I'll have to wrestle with.

The lack of Ciaran McDonald, David Brady and Conor Mortimer and Dooher in a lot of teams is surprising.

Doh! Meant outfield players! :)
    The lack of Ciaran McDonald, David Brady and Conor Mortimer and Dooher in a lot of teams is surprising.

Good point on McDonald, he deserves at least an honourable mention! :D
    Brady I don't think is up there with Ó'Sé or Cavanagh tbh and Mortimer would be well down the line for corner forward imho behind the likes of Gooch, Brogan, O'Neill, Joyce, McDonnell.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Doh! Meant outfield players! :)

Good point on McDonald, he deserves at least an honourable mention! :D
    Brady I don't think is up there with Ó'Sé or Cavanagh tbh and Mortimer would be well down the line for corner forward imho behind the likes of Gooch, Brogan, O'Neill, Joyce, McDonnell.

Just find it odd skimming through these teams that NO-ONE is mentioning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭passremarkable

---

I was listening to the Last Word last night and they were going through the merits of certain criteria of who to pick over others etc.

For me the only certs are Cluxton, S Cavanagh, D Ó Sé, Paul Flynn, Paul Galvin, Stephen O'Neill and Bernard Brogan. The rest I'll have to wrestle with.

Bonnie,
    You wouldn't have gooch as a cert?
    Him Tomas o se Canavan and Cluxton would be absolute Certs.

Bonnie,
    You wouldn't have gooch as a cert?
    Him Tomas o se Canavan and Cluxton would be absolute Certs.

I am extremely biased against him and it would be with a heavy heart that I would list him as my 15th player.

As I said, the ones above are in my team without an iota of questioning from me.

The problem with Canavan is that despite him possibly being the greatest ever that I've seen, he only played til 2005 and I'm doing my darnedest to get a good spread over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭flasher0030

---

I presume you're joking. Or if not, you should never be allowed to put forward an opinion on anything ever again!!

I presume you're joking. Or if not, you should never be allowed to put forward an opinion on anything ever again!!

Now now, the milkmaids were qualitae!

---

Squeezing Gooch into the forward line is actually tough going.

O'Neill, Brogan, Cooper and Canavan won't fit into 3 spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dooher for me has to be on a team from the last 15 years.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Dooher for me has to be on a team from the last 15 years.

See. It's a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Obviously these things are a little futile and meaningless as it is impossible to quantify, but I must admit I am amazed that Declan Browne hasn't made a single team here, its understandable but a little disheartening that for an idividual to be recognised he has to have been part of a successful team.

Not a hope in hell were there 6 better forwards than Browne in the last 15 years, shame he didnt get to perform on the bigger stage more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cluxton

M O'Shea
    Canty
    Higgins

T O'Shea
    Moynihan
    Lacey

D' O'Shea
    Cavanagh

Dooher
    Cooper
    Galvin

Joyce
    Murphy
    Brogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Cant belive the shouts Galvin is getting

(think its the dub in me that wont let me pick me)

The lack of Aiden o shea and Connolly mention shock me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Stephen Cluxton
    Marc O'Sé
    Kevin Reilly
    Karl Lacey
    Phillip Jordan
    Kieran McGeeney
    Tomás O'Sé
    Sean Cavanagh
    Daragh O'Sé
    Brian Dooher
    Ciaran McDonald
    Johnny Doyle
    Mattie Forde
    Michael Murphy
    Colm Cooper

Kevin who you say? Reilly's career has been blighted by injuries but whenever I've watched him at full-back, he was excellent. Really under-rated player. I opted for Forde over Bernard Brogan because he played on a far inferior team and managed to rack up huge scores. He was very easy on the eye.

but1er wrote: »
    Cant belive the shouts Galvin is getting

(think its the dub in me that wont let me pick me)

I pick him because of his absolute mesmerising deisplay in the 2009 QF. It still kills me to do so.
    The lack of Aiden o shea and Connolly mention shock me

It's the range of years that they have been around that are affecting them.

They will be considered all-time greats in time...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

1st 15
    Stephen Cluxton
    Keith Higgins
    Seamus Moynihan
    Karl Lacey
    Tomas O'Se
    Kieran McGeeney
    Philip Jordon
    Dara O'Sea
    Sean Cavanagh
    Brian Dooher
    Padraig Joyce
    Declan O'Sullivan
    Colm Cooper
    Stephen Mc'Donnell
    Peter Canavan

2nd 15 - not a bad team at all
    Diarmuid Murphy
    Anthoney Lynch
    Neil Mc'Gee
    Tom O'Sullivan
    Conor Gormley
    James Nallen
    Kevin Cassidy
    Paul Mc'Grane
    Dermot Early
    Paul Galvin
    Diarmuid Connolly
    Mattie Forde
    Bernard Brogan
    Michael Muphy
    Stephen O'Neill

3rd 15
    Paul Durkan
    Mark O'Shea
    Darren Fay
    Sean Marty Lockhart
    Anthoney Rainbow
    Mike Mc'Carthy
    Aidan O'Mahoney
    Ciaran Whelan
    Nicholas Murphy
    Paul Flynn
    Brian McGuigan
    Alan Brogan
    Johnny Doyle
    Michael Meehan
    Ciaran McDonald

Amazing that these have not even made my top 45: Although there have been some quality players over the last 15 years which makes it really difficult:
    Andy Mallon
    Michael Shields
    Sean Og De Paor
    Michael Donnellan
    Declan Browne
    Dessie Dolan
    Bennie Coulter
    Kieran McKeever
    Kieran Donaghy
    James O'Donoghue
    Colm Mc'Fadden
    Ryan McMenamin
    Eoin Mulligan
    Oisin Mc Conville
    Barry Owens
    Thomas Freeman
    Conor Mc'Manus
    Michael Dara Mc'Cauley
    Lee Keegan
    Maurice Fitzgerald - although time wise doesn't really fit into 15 years.

Very difficult, every time i make a choice i then can't believe i left someone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

JB81 wrote: »
    1st 15
    Stephen Cluxton
    Keith Higgins
    Seamus Moynihan
    Karl Lacey
    Tomas O'Se
    Kieran McGeeney
    Philip Jordon
    Dara O'Sea
    Sean Cavanagh
    Brian Dooher
    Padraig Joyce
    Declan O'Sullivan
    Colm Cooper
    Stephen Mc'Donnell
    Peter Canavan

Great team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

elefant wrote: »
    Great team

But how would it line out?

I assume Lacey isn't corner back, Joyce at CF, Declan on the wing etc.

The 2nd and 3rd teams look a little more balanced.

Incredible some of the players would don't even make the first 45, a golden era for football ?!

It's probably a technicality, but of last 15 years, does that include 2000 season, i.e. 2000-2014, so does it start in 2001?
    Because Joyce didn't win another All-Star after 2001.
    He was maybe the best player in the countery from 1998-2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Incredible some of the players would don't even make the first 45, a golden era for football ?!

It's probably a technicality, but of last 15 years, does that include 2000 season, i.e. 2000-2014, so does it start in 2001?

Karl Lacey has two all-stars at corner back. And tbh, most of that team is made up of footballers so good they could play almost anywhere.

Any one of Joyce, Cooper and O Sullivan could certainly play anywhere in the forwards.

I suppose Joyce is the one that may be dodgy, in terms of when he played his best, but i wanted him in, i think he was awesome on his day. Ill stand by it.

I even forgot about Paddy Bradley.

• Advertisement
Advertisement