Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v Liverpool, 9/8, 4pm, SS1

• 07-08-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭

stokecitycrest.jpgLiverpool_FC_logo.png

Liverpool return to the scene of their heaviest ever premier league defeat in May, New signings James Milner, Nathaniel Clyne, Danny Ings, Christian Benteke and Joe Gomez will look to make an immediate impact

Stoke have also improved their squad with the additions of Ibrahim Afellay and Marco Van Ginkel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Liverpool have strengthened their squad considerably since the 6-1 defeat last season so am fully expecting an improved performance from us, 3-1 Stoke and I'll be happy with that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Our Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Emotionally, Liverpool will be out for revenge and should be motivated to give 100% per player tear them arpart for the end of last season.

In other words, a lucky 1-1 draw with a last minute Milner penalty after a lukewarm, disintersted performance.

Followed by a win at Bournemouth (where ever rival fan accuses Liverpool fans of claiming it;s their year, while Liverpool fans remain skeptical) and a hammering at Arsenal (where every rival fan laughs at the "our year" statement, completely oblivious to the fact that they made it; while Liverpool fans remain skeptical)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Liverpool to be bullied and go 2-0 down , before coming back to draw 2-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    Our Year.

Dour Year - The pessimist version.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Everyone knows we need to hit the ground running this year, especially as our away fixtures are the way they are. After last years result we need to win, plain and simple.

Hopefully 1-3 !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Judging by the H2Hs, it's Liverpools turn to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Optimistic prediction from boards'most pessimistic Liverpool fan.

8-0 Stoke and at least 5 people to have backed the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stoke are missing Ryan Shawcross, Wilson a doubt, Arnautovic unlikely and one or two others in question.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'm gonna back Liverpool for an easy enough win, Tekkers to get an hat trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I think the level of expectation around Liverpool that we are much stronger and better than last year, and should be able to get revenge against Stoke will go against us and I can see Stoke winning again. I'll go 2-1 to Stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Benteke hat trick is inevitable.

4-3 Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

RayCon wrote: »
    Liverpool to be bullied and go 2-0 down , before coming back to draw 2-2.
    Stoke have been moving away from physical hoofball, so in a straight up ball game, I think we should win.

1-0 'pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Benteke hat trick is inevitable.

4-3 Stoke.
    Skrtel hat trick is inevitable.

3-0 Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Stoke look in good shape. I love what Hughes is doing there. Probably a draw because Liverpool look like they've made decent signings. I think Liverpool will hit top four this season, I might be the only one though and I don't even support or indeed like them all that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Rodgers to bring back heart attack football for the Liverpool fans after a season off. 4-5 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

2 all I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Looking at the Stoke squad there; you wouldn't imagine the likes of Bojan, Afellay, Van Ginkel, Muniesa or Joselu dreamt of one day playing for Stoke growing up!

Fair play to them in some respects but just shows where the money is in world football tbh. That and Hughes certainly knows how to network from his past clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

0-0 after extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

1 win in the last 8 visits to the Britannia

9 goals conceded in the last two visits

A draw for LFC will be a good result, if Lovren starts, a draw will be an amazing result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If they can manage to avoid defeat, they will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If they can manage to avoid defeat, they will win.

Unless they draw

NukaCola wrote: »
    Unless they draw

You always run that risk all right when you try to win by avoiding defeat. So if they can avoid a draw, there's a chance of points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

were gonna maul them win 1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Liverpool will ****ing smash Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Liverpool will ****ing smash Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

0-2 to the pool. Benteke and ibe to score

Scrap that . Lets get back to the pessimism that served so well 2 yrs ago
    Stoke win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's incredible to see Rodgers still in charge after the 6-1 defeat. Very big game really, to see how Stoke gel their signings and the resilience of Liverpool, Stoke scoring first would tell a whole lot about the mentality of the visitors.

Is Bojan fit?

2-1 Stoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Going to this one. Hoping to see good attacking football from Liverpool. First game is generally really tense and it's a tough place to go but I'm going to say liverpool scrape through by a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Jesus lads, tough one to call...I think a win, draw or loss is on the cards this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If we get another hammering its bye bye Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

mikeym wrote: »
    If we get another hammering its bye bye Rodgers.

Sacking a manager one game into the season would be hilarious. Awful, but hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Fully expect a LFC win here. 6-1 was at thin wedge of season where, almost like Crystal Palace in 13/14, once we conceded one goal we had lost interest. Stoke aren't some sort of footballing gods and LFC haven't collapsed entirely - in reality, they're stronger than last year. Fully expect a 1-2 victory tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Liverpool to win by at least two clear goals and soften Stoke's cough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

bump for 3 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Eh, just saw a team on live score, not sure of the validity of it but here it is:

Mignolet, Clyne, Gomez, Skrtel, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Coutinho, Firmino, Ibe, Benteke

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We'll find out in 50 mins anyhow. I doubt Firmino will start though.

I hope that Liverpool aren't *too* keen to show how committed they are today and get someone sent off with a rush of blood to the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

3 points today please...a good start is half the battle ;)

5starpool wrote: »
    We'll find out in 50 mins anyhow. I doubt Firmino will start though.

I hope that Liverpool aren't *too* keen to show how committed they are today and get someone sent off with a rush of blood to the head.

Gerard is in LA, so I'm not sure we have any that really suffers from that. Actually Moreno is a bit of a hothead but then it's not looking likely he will start.
    We need some steel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

This will be a tough game. Stoke are a resilient side. Looking at the score of the rest of today's fixtures maybe we will be in for an upset!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 9s10 seconds ago
    Confirmed #LFC team v @stokecity: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Ibe, Coutinho, Benteke

As expected really.

Disappointed with Lovern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Henderson, Milner, Ibe, Coutinho, Lallana, Benteke

Subs: Bogdan, Toure, Moreno, Can, Origi, Firmino, Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CL-NrbrWIAAZYGx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Sakho not even on the bench... Has he picked up a knock? I'm a big Brendan believer but how he can't see that he's our best cb is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Looks like a 4-2-3-1 to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sakho not even on the bench... Has he picked up a knock? I'm a big Brendan believer but how he can't see that he's our best cb is beyond me.

Wife just gave birth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mignolet,
    Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez,
    Hendo, Milner,
    Ibe---- Coutinho---Lallana,
    Benteke

Presumably

The good news is that Glen Johnson is starting for Stoke.

@SportsPeteO: Stoke XI v Liverpool: Butland; Johnson, Cameron, Muniesa, Pieters; Whelan (c), Adam; Walters, van Ginkel, Afellay; Diouf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

ricero wrote: »
    Wife just gave birth

Well that's ok then. Tho Rafa wouldn't be happy!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement