Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke v Liverpool, 9/8, 4pm, SS1

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Most importantly, we're now ahead on United on alphabetical order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thank fcuk. We were rubbish, but we got the result.

Isn't playing badly and winning supposed to be a sign of a good team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Definitely our year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

nice to have player of the year and goal of the season in the bag after 1 game....league almost done too - we look unstoppable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Time to stand up and be Coutinho'd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

"But we came here and scored a goal and they didn't score one so that's how we got our 3 points."

Great in depth analysis by Skrtel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Wonderful strike from the little Brazilian maestro.
    3 points up on last season already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Wonderful strike from the little Brazilian maestro.
    3 points up on last season already.

You beat Southampton at home in the first game of last season,didn't you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Bret Hart wrote: »
    You beat Sothampton at home in the first game of last season,didn't you ?

Head to head, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Bret Hart wrote: »
    You beat Sothampton at home in the first game of last season,didn't you ?

Last season Stoke City 6 V 1 Liverpool - Stoke gain 3pts
    This season Stoke City 0 V 1 Liverpool - Liverpool gain 3pts

Therefore after the same fixtures in 2 seasons Liverpool have gone from 0 points to 3 points, this means they have 3 more points than they did from the same fixture from the previous season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Stoke 0 Liverpool 1

mou_thumbs_reuters-454844.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good to see the best player in the league showing up when the team needed a moment of magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Firmino showed some lovely touches when he came on, but he looks very light. I hope he won't be targeted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Fantastic three points, but we where piss poor, wonder goal covering the blenishes. I've critised Lovern is the past, but he was impressive today. Team that left the pitch is what we should start against Bournmouth with imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Mumha wrote: »
    Firmino showed some lovely touches when he came on, but he looks very light. I hope he won't be targeted.

He's not light. He's actually big enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Looks like right back might be sorted for the first time since Finnan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rossc007 wrote: »
    Fantastic three points, but we where piss poor, wonder goal covering the blenishes. I've critised Lovern is the past, but he was impressive today. Team that left the pitch is what we should start against Bournmouth with imo

I think it's a bit harsh. It's a tough place to go and Stoke were restricted to 2 or 3 half chances. It was solid if not spectacular which will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

I know that it's only one game but we started in a similar vein two years ago and how did that turn out? Just sayin........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

When you play away to Stoke performance is irrelevant you want 3pts and get out of there

It's a nice away trip to have ticked off the list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Someone always gets targetted. If it means Cout, Ibe, Milner & Benteke are less targetted its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Definitely our year

I thought that saying got a free transfer to arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's the opposite of light. He's Brazilian but from what I have seen over the last 2 years is he's one tough player. Real aggression he plays with much like Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mirror blaming Cout for heart attack! :p
    A Stoke City fan collapsed and needed to be resuscitated by stadium paramedics when Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho scored a last-gasp wonder goal to pinch victory .

The Potters supporter was cheering his team from the stands on Sunday when he was floored by the Brazilian's piledriver to deny his side a precious point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not reading too much into that performance. Following the 6-1 drubbing it was always about making sure stoke didnt beat us agsin . At least not easily.
    Dont think we will play too open given the fixtures coming up and if we are floating around utd etc in oct then he 'll go attacking a bit more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

cjmc wrote: »
    Not reading too much into that performance. Following the 6-1 drubbing it was always about making sure stoke didnt beat us agsin . At least not easily.
    Dont think we will play too open given the fixtures coming up and if we are floating around utd etc in oct then he 'll go attacking a bit more

I hope if he finds a winning formula, that he would stick to it
    Last year we were doing well with the 3 at the back, then he decided that all our defensive troubles were over, so Rodgers then just decided to take out one of the CB's and thought we would be fine. Then we went to shít again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The bloke did play in the bundesliga so he should be well able for the premier league.

Advertisement