Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Eircom app - webtexts

Options
  • 07-08-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Eircom Business mobile customer.

I've tried to use the My Eircom app to send webtexts however I am informed that I do not have any mobile products in my bundle. For the purpose of clarity I have two accounts on My Eircom; home phone & broadband (personal) and mobile (business). I get this message when I try to look to send a webtext from either account.

Can you please investigate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I've tried to use the My Eircom app to send webtexts however I am informed that I do not have any mobile products in my bundle. For the purpose of clarity I have two accounts on My Eircom; home phone & broadband (personal) and mobile (business). I get this message when I try to look to send a webtext from either account.

Hi gunnerfitzy

At present a webtext facility will not be available on the my eircom app. This is in consideration for the future though.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi,

Hi gunnerfitzy

At present a webtext facility will not be available on the my eircom app. This is in consideration for the future though.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks your your reply.

Other official information from Eircom say differently. 

The eircom webpage http://support.eircom.net/mobile/myeircom-app describing the app says that the app can be used to 'Send up to 400 web texts'. The description of the app in the Google Playstore says the same as does the description in the Apple App Store.

When you open the app, there is a clear menu option for webtexts. In my particular case I get the message stated in my original post. At no point is there any statement that the facility simply has not been implemented.

If the webtext facility has not been implemented then Eircom should remove all reference to it from their website, from descriptions in the different app stores and from the app itself.

If the facility is indeed available then can the reason for it unavailable to me personally be investigated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Hi gunnerfitzy

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks your your reply.

Other official information from Eircom say differently. 

The eircom webpage http://support.eircom.net/mobile/myeircom-app describing the app says that the app can be used to 'Send up to 400 web texts'. The description of the app in the Google Playstore says the same as does the description in the Apple App Store.

When you open the app, there is a clear menu option for webtexts. In my particular case I get the message stated in my original post. At no point is there any statement that the facility simply has not been implemented.

If the webtext facility has not been implemented then Eircom should remove all reference to it from their website, from descriptions in the different app stores and from the app itself.

If the facility is indeed available then can the reason for it unavailable to me personally be investigated.

Thanks.
    That does seem quite conflicting gunnerfitzy

I'll request further clarification and let you know asap

Thanks
    Al

Hi gunnerfitzy

Yes, you're right :)Webtext is a recent addition to the my eircom app, could you please PM me your eircom account number and I'll request that is investigated for you?

Thanks
    Al

Any update ?

• Advertisement

Any update ?
    Hi gunnerfitzy

I understand there has been quite a long delay in getting back to you and I apologise for this. I will chase this up with our operations team (highlighting the urgency) and ensure to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience with this gunnerFitzy

Al

Any update ?
    Hi gunnerfitzy

I understand there has been quite a long delay in getting back to you and I apologise for this. I will chase this up with our operations team (highlighting the urgency) and ensure to get back to you as soon as possible.

Al
    Any update Alan?

Granted this isn't a life altering issue but really it shouldn't take a month to solve this.

Thanks.

Any update ?
    Hi gunnerfitzy

Al
    Any update Alan?

Granted this isn't a life altering issue but really it shouldn't take a month to solve this.

Thanks.

Thanks for taking my call gunnerfitzy

I'll remain on the case until we have a full resolution

Cheers
    Al

Any update ?
    Hi gunnerfitzy

Al
    Any update Alan?

Thanks.

Thanks for taking my call gunnerfitzy

I'll remain on the case until we have a full resolution

Cheers
    Al
    Thank you for the call Alan. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app as discussed. No luck!

Thanks for letting me know :)

I'll keep on to operations and let you know of any progress

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Closing on 6 weeks now. Alan, I fully understand that this isn't a high priority issue, but someone needs to tell whoever's job it is to sort this out to do his/her job or else find another one as they appear to be incompetent or downright lazy. 

Can I please have an update as to when this will be resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 conor 68

i have the same problem.was driving me nuts.im also waiting for a response from eircom;alan, some sort of information is surely due on this issue.
    maybe he works for OPPOSITION, sure looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EircomRubbish

Oh Boy.
    Your a month waiting for a fix! Im on since July. Webtexts will not work at all. Iv had every problem listed by everyone else. On one day I was put through the hands of 5 different people until the last guy said it was "not his area and to ring the number I rang in the first place 1800690000.
    Their customer service is muck. Goes round in circles with no one taking responsibility. When you request an escalation you get told to ring? You guessed it 1800690000.

COME ON VIRGIN YOU HAVE THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS WAITING!!!!!!!

Alan / Tony / Tracey / Aisling,

Can I please have an update on this? It appears that you are selectively ignoring problems being identified to you by paying customers and it just strikes of a blatant disregard and ignorance to your customers.

Alan / Tony / Tracey / Aisling,

Can I please have an update on this? It appears that you are selectively ignoring problems being identified to you by paying customers and it just strikes of a blatant disregard and ignorance to your customers.
    .... still waiting ....

..... Still waiting ....

I first posted about this issue in AUGUST 2015. Not only has it not being resolved it is now evident that the Eir Representives on the boards.ie have decided to ignore my repeated requests for an update on the issue. The contempt that this shows for customers is appalling. If I was a representative of this company I would be personally disappointed at the acceptance of such conduct. 

I will continue to request a response from eir. Should my requests continue to be ignored it will only indicate to others how poorly it treats its customers.

So....

Any update please?

I first posted about this issue in AUGUST 2015. Not only has it not being resolved it is now evident that the Eir Representives on the boards.ie have decided to ignore my repeated requests for an update on the issue. The contempt that this shows for customers is appalling. If I was a representative of this company I would be personally disappointed at the acceptance of such conduct. 

I will continue to request a response from eir. Should my requests continue to be ignored it will only indicate to others how poorly it treats its customers.

So....

Any update please?

I first posted about this issue in AUGUST 2015. Not only has it not being resolved it is now evident that the Eir Representives on the boards.ie have decided to ignore my repeated requests for an update on the issue. The contempt that this shows for customers is appalling. If I was a representative of this company I would be personally disappointed at the acceptance of such conduct. 

So....

Any update please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

So....

Any update please?
    Hi gunnerfitzy

I'm making progress in having this looked in to but I will need your account number - can you please PM it to me? I know you have done so already but I no longer have access to my old profile

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement