Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Brokers

Options
  • 07-08-2015 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good Mortgage Broker in Dublin or Cork?
    Or are there any comparison sites that allow you to input your details on an online calculator to see best rates?

I'm not living in Ireland at the minute but I know Google have a decent engine to do this for UK mortgages, so I'm looking for something similar for the Irish market.

Any suggestions/advice welcome.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note: Recommendations by PM to the OP please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm not sure how accurate or up to date it is but you can check out http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-mortgages/. It at least will give you a steer before you talk to a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'm not sure how accurate or up to date it is but you can check out http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-mortgages/. It at least will give you a steer before you talk to a broker.

That's ideal, exactly what I was looking for really. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭mel123

PM sent with a recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 11 shamoaner

Hi,

Any change you could PM me with your recommendation also?

Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tazmania

Could you please pm me the name of mortgage broker if they're in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 7 boogie G child

I'd also really appreciate a pm with the name of a good Cork mortgage broker. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

The mortgage market is being to look a little complicated for me and, given how time intensive it can be to shop around, would people generally recommend a mortgage broker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

We applied through a broker and the bank. They require the same amount of documentation etc, the broker will do a lot of the following up on your behalf though.
    The broker had us AIP in 5 days, took 3 weeks with the bank.

We didn't have any down sides to using one and are going ahead with the mortgage he arranged for us

Advertisement