Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 07-08-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Recently, if I visit Boards on my work computer, it seems to sign me out on my home computer, so every time I go on the site at work, I have to sign in again later at home (and vice-versa). This is very annoying and it never used to be like this, I could be logged in 2 separate computers without issue.

Just wondering has something changed on your end or is there a setting I can change to stop this, or perhaps there is a problem with my account? Perhaps there is just some time setting that logs me out after a certain period that can be set to the maximum or something, I dunno? Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this! Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Logging in from multiple locations isn't prohibited, and they couldn't be related.

The login cookie expires every two weeks now, so it's more likely that they're simply alternately expiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

That would explain it. Any way to stop them expiring so soon?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, the expires time must be set to two weeks. It was a necessary pre-condition for boards.ie to allow people to be able to use their social media credentials to log in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement