Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you stop someone spying on your ipad activity?

• 07-08-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    My uncle rang this morning to say his wife gets notifications on her phone when he uses Facetime on his Ipad.
    He asked me how to stop this? I guessed it was notifications, but I can`t seem to find the route looking at ours here. He doesn`t live near me so I`m trying to help him over the phone. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Set up a separate account for the ipad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah it just sounds like they're using the same Apple ID on both devices. Just get him to make a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annimay

Great, thanks I didn`t think of setting up a new apple ID, wish me luck talking him through that over the phone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

annimay wrote: »
    Great, thanks I didn`t think of setting up a new apple ID, wish me luck talking him through that over the phone :)

You can set it up for him and just give him the login details if its easier (in my experience it is!) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Tefral

annimay wrote: »

Create one for him and then give him the details. I've had to do this before. It's too much hassle talking them through the actual setup

• Advertisement
Advertisement