Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Nice car and all, but yeah...

If they think that 1.9 TDI is a high performance car, good luck insuring a 23 year old 2.6 Skyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Heading to Louth tomorrow. Anything interesting to see or do around the area? Too bad there's not a meet on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Loving my new car mats I got for a song on ebay

Loving my new car mats I got for a song on ebay

You sang the seller a song and he sent you car mats? :pac:

GvidoR wrote: »
    You sang the seller a song and he sent you car mats? :pac:

The song of my people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

http://goo.gl/maps/tQUw8 tv mast. Sorry for mess. On the phone.

QUOTE=GvidoR;96625http://goo.gl/maps/tQUw897]Heading to Louth tomorrow. Anything interesting to see or do around the area? Too bad there's not a meet on :P[/QUOTE]

Go for a drive around the cooley peninsula. Dundalk greenore carlingford omeath forest park then up to black mountain. Back across the mountains then into ravensdale and dundalk via the long womans grave. You might recognise some of the dgt and voodoomelon photo spots on black mountain. Big tv mast up there so you can drive right to the top. Plenty of slipways along the coast for you :)

Just remember to save some petril for dat boards meet yo.

Long way from shhhhligo

• Advertisement

Just remember to save some petril for dat boards meet yo.

Long way from shhhhligo

What meet? When and where?

I'm heading to Galway on Friday for a secret mini meet. :D

What meet? When and where?

I'm heading to Galway on Friday for a secret mini meet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Meet is 23rd in midway!

11906743_1009476889086572_596445414_o.jpg?oh=c0dc2078e9cb990b34e2e06ef523f3c0&oe=55D149DC

11873198_1009477099086551_1344426930_o.jpg?oh=ae5cb7be581e62890afebf87beea5cb5&oe=55D24DDF

11874156_1009477105753217_206718860_n.jpg?oh=ae32bb59520f42b7f07eb82d4e5248d3&oe=55D1333D

11761178_931150566951169_1618200176_n.gif?oh=bb802d3d80495761c29e1400a8597db5&oe=55D24D0D

Excuse light exposure. Not bad for 30 yoyos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Was looking for something in the car there and only then discovered actually how much clothing is in it 4 coats and a few jumpers too probably in it for month and never thought anything of it it's amazing how stuff builds up and you never notice. You should see the glove box it's a joke you can barely close it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

As much as I hate to say it but mine is pretty much the same. The back seats consist of hoodies, runners, empty water bottles and some very light rubbish. I never notice it myself until I actually open the back door to put something in and I see jackets and hoodies that I've been looking for the week before :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I ran the London marathon too last April and to think a woman purposely ran the same marathon with a ehm visible period would not make it into the hightlights of the day. What exact statement was she trying to make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Filled the car last night for the first time in forever. Diesel for 120.8, how could you not :D (Applegreen 125.8 with 5c/L discount using the 3+ app)

Also hilariously, passed a garda speed van on the way into Dublin around Lucan, usual spot. I spotted it a mile off, the mini that overtook me doing about 120 didn't have as good eyesight :pac: He nearly pulled a stoppie when he finally saw the van almost parallel with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'm not having any luck this month. Three weeks ago in work someone dents the wing and pushes out the bumper. Someone else used the other bumper as a parking aid today down in Wexford. Gonna loose the plot if I catch someone.

wjFns7vl.jpg

1oRWXv0l.jpg

Sure why not :)
    Gavman84 wrote: »
    Meet is 23rd in midway!

Midway... what a surprise.
    CIP4 wrote: »
    Was looking for something in the car there and only then discovered actually how much clothing is in it 4 coats and a few jumpers too probably in it for month and never thought anything of it it's amazing how stuff builds up and you never notice. You should see the glove box it's a joke you can barely close it.

All I have in my glovebox is my insurance cert, log book, a couple of empty envelopes, tablet and aux cable. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Filled the car last night for the first time in forever. Diesel for 120.8, how could you not :D (Applegreen 125.8 with 5c/L discount using the 3+ app)

Also hilariously, passed a garda speed van on the way into Dublin around Lucan, usual spot. I spotted it a mile off, the mini that overtook me doing about 120 didn't have as good eyesight :pac: He nearly pulled a stoppie when he finally saw the van almost parallel with it

That app is great, pity you can only use the apple green voucher once though

• Advertisement

I thought your E46 was 2.0 petrol. :eek:

I thought your E46 was 2.0 petrol. :eek:

I'd be pure broke if it was :pac: Did 450km yesterday alone :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Pffffft diesels, I get 40mpg all day, erry day.

On the motorway cruising.

All I have in my glovebox is my insurance cert, log book, a couple of empty envelopes, tablet and aux cable. :P

I don't even know what's in there I must look but no log book or insurance cert anyway.

Pffffft diesels, I get 40mpg all day, erry day.

On the motorway cruising.

:pac:

Last time I filled the tank was August 2013 :eek: That said, I track everything using Road Trip, so I know exactly how many litres of fuel was used since then (19,500 miles). It's like the most accurate fill to fill ever :pac: 42.3 MPG over 2 years isn't too bad, particularly as I don't exactly have a light foot :D

Also fuel is the best price it's been in the last 4 years. (The massive spike was when I was in the UK)

NNVBfa1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Today I tried out a dose of Holts Pro-Tech aircon cleaner for a tenner, and it is stuff of mightiness. Much better than stoopid air-fresheners.

Last time I filled the tank was August 2013 :eek: That said, I track everything using Road Trip, so I know exactly how many litres of fuel was used since then (19,500 miles). It's like the most accurate fill to fill ever :pac: 42.3 MPG over 2 years isn't too bad, particularly as I don't exactly have a light foot :D

Also fuel is the best price it's been in the last 4 years. (The massive spike was when I was in the UK)

That's not too bad for a 320d. I'm tracking mine with fuelly and im getting 49 mpg average which is atrocious enough for a diesel megane I kind of feel like I'm at nothing with these smaller Diesel engine the next will definitely be 2.0tdi might not be better on mpg but won't be a whole lot worse and your getting more power. Getting insurance on a 2.0 would have been a struggle this time but once I have another years experience I should be ok then. Although I'm not sure as the megane is growing on me slowly we will have to wait and see. I'd like to of kept it 2-3 years to get my money's worth but realistically won't happen :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

YbFocus wrote: »
    A crashed gtt? No thanks. .

Crash damage doesn't seem too bad, although this just got listed:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508015686747?postcode=n200aa&sort=default&quicksearch=true&make=nissan&model=skyline&channel=cars&search-target=usedcars&radius=1501&page=2&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&logcode=p

Which is much better value.

Obviously it's not even close to a GTR, but the prices on those are outrageous. Talking at least 30 grand (sterling) for a good one.

That's not too bad for a 320d. I'm tracking mine with fuelly and im getting 49 mpg average which is atrocious enough for a diesel megane I kind of feel like I'm at nothing with these smaller Diesel engine the next will definitely be 2.0tdi might not be better on mpg but won't be a whole lot worse and your getting more power. Getting insurance on a 2.0 would have been a struggle this time but once I have another years experience I should be ok then. Although I'm not sure as the megane is growing on me slowly we will have to wait and see. I'd like to of kept it 2-3 years to get my money's worth but realistically won't happen :pac:

Well if I drove sensibly (as I have done a few times in the past) I know I can get 48MPG out of it. I got 55MPG over in the UK, but I think thats a mix of better fuel and better roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

off to boyle and carrick on shannon in the morning fishing wish me luck:D

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    off to boyle and carrick on shannon in the morning fishing wish me luck:D

What time? Might stop by on my way to Louth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Somebody figure out my mpg. 80 miles using about 7 euro of diesel. Diesel was about what, 1.30 a litre?

Somebody figure out my mpg. 80 miles using about 7 euro of diesel. Diesel was about what, 1.30 a litre?

What time? Might stop by on my way to Louth :)

supposed to be getting a lift at 11ish so not 100% sure what time ill be up there exactly dude-ill be riding shotgun on a 2006 black 5dr dublin reged opel arsetra 1.4 if you see it about- are you still on the goldy punto? :)

davycc wrote: »
    supposed to be getting a lift at 11ish so not 100% sure what time ill be up there exactly dude-ill be riding shotgun on a 2006 black 5dr dublin reged opel arsetra 1.4 if you see it about- are you still on the goldy punto? :)

Yep, yep, very noticeable Punto. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ahh feck, that cant be right so. Definitely didn't use more then 8 euro though. Filled just as the light came on (forgot my wallet so a tenner had to do), and 80 miles later there's still a bit to go before it comes on.

Granted a lot of that was cruising on the new bypass through Ballaghadereen.

It's the only time I ever took note of how much I've spent/travelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,724 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

In Toronto at the moment, it'd be like Hachiko's wet dream with the amount of IS250s I've seen :p

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    In Toronto at the moment, it'd be like Hachiko's wet dream with the amount of IS250s I've seen :p

So jealous. You have Tim Hortons and hockey hall of fame right there. :(

Yep, yep, very noticeable Punto. :pac:

pimping aint easy :D are you going the boards meet next weekend in midway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Only thing with Toronto, during the winter, you'd have nightmares about the state the cars get with the snow and ice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Averaged 50mpg from Kildare to Wexford and back and a few spins in and out of work. Not too shabby for a big estate. Cheap motoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Averaged 50mpg from Kildare to Wexford and back and a few spins in and out of work. Not too shabby for a big estate. Cheap motoring.

Did you have to lodge a lump sum with the dept of transport, or did you eventually find an insurer willing to risk such a high performance beast ;-)

They are a grand bus. Lad at work has one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

NNVBfa1.png
    You've done 19500 miles in the last two years?

That's perfect big engine petrol territory

Try 20000 a year in a petrol getting 26 mpg....

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

I'm currently doing 13000 miles a year, averaging 33 or 34 mpg. Debating switching to a diesel until I get a deposit for a house together. See the thing is I know there is cars out there with much better mpg and all that jazz. But the a3 is so damn reliable, well specced and quick enough that I don't want to sell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

After over 2.5 years of ownership I discovered my car has a dipstick for the oil- cool :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just finished washing my car and to my horror just up a ways from me was a guy using a long brush and bucket on his new insignia :eek:.

After over 2.5 years of ownership I discovered my car has a dipstick for the oil- cool :)

Was it hidden or something?

Not totally hidden but very inconspicuous

The dipstick on mine looks like it's an oil filler pipe because of the oil filler cap shaped top so it took me a while to realise it even had one. I just read the oil level of the computer and then maybe dip it every month- two months.

I just read the oil level of the computer and then maybe dip it every month- two months.

Me: must check oil- press button

Computer: BONG! Engine must be warmed up, no check

Me: week(s) later with warm engine, must check oil

Computer: BONG! Car must be on level surface, no check

Me: feck that for a game of cowboys, if it's that clever it will tell me if it wants oil!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement