Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What phone would this be on now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

beertons wrote: »
    Ah come on man, I'd get that answer in Halfords!

:pac: It's a Golf you have isn't it? Have VDub got a site like RealOEM for BMW's? It lists the part number for every part with diagrams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

:pac: It's a Golf you have isn't it? Have VDub got a site like RealOEM for BMW's? It lists the part number for every part with diagrams.

VWs never need parts lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Autosport wrote: »
    What phone would this be on now??

Any decent android for about 2 years :)

YbFocus wrote: »

No good to me so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Anuote="YbFocus;96766063"]You have not seen fun until you do it in a hotel bar etc!
    That is so funny watching the utter confusion on everyone's faces![/quote]

It gets better. It also controls the sky / upc boxes And it doesn't need setting up! !!!!!

This is unreal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

No good to me so :(

Don't tell me you have an iPhone. :eek: :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How does one get this?

GvidoR wrote: »
    Don't tell me you have an iPhone. :eek: :pac:

Yup I sure do :)

Yup I sure do :)

Oh no. Why?

:P

• Advertisement

Oh no. Why?

Cos I is Imazing :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cos I is lured in by the marketing:D

Fyp

Stheno wrote: »
    How does one get this?

You need a phone with an infra red transceiver. As mentioned, most decent androids have this. Should be able to find an app for it (universal ir remote or something ) if there isn't already an app for it on your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

You have not seen fun until you do it in a hotel bar etc!
    That is so funny watching the utter confusion on everyone's faces!

Hah! When I was in primary school I used to have one of those Casio watches that could be used as a TV remote. It was so good being able to adjust the volume of the telly whenever it was film time :pac:

Anyway, I fit an EGR blanking plate on the Focus yesterday. A lot of difference in power delivery mostly when approaching roundabouts in second gear when you are slow for second gear and too fast to jump into first. Before I would have to kick the accelerator to get the car moving quickly in the 1000 - 1500 RPM range and the accelerator would feel unresponsive. Accelerator is a lot more responsive and it feels much better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Found it on fixmyvw.com eventually.

Stheno wrote: »
    Fyp

:P nope I likes my gadgets ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

That's the thing though, if you did you would have any other phone :)

Says the person who can't even control a TV from their phone... Casio watches could do it when we were kids... :pac:;)

Says the person who can't even control a TV from their phone... Casio watches could do it when we were kids... :pac:;)

Whatever :P some people are very cranky :P

OK, let's cheer this thread up a little. :P

Screen-Shot-2015-08-24-at-2.30.02-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-08-24-at-2.30.50-PM.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Yeah happy out, especially as a 21 year old in a 2.5 "Sport" BMW with a crash in 2011 :pac:

For comparison, Liberty wanted €2666 :eek:

Which insurance company is that with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Up in Mayo for the weekend. Grand roads but had some unbelievable scenery along the coast. Pity the weather was so sh1te for it. Every second car was a rental car too!!

Noccy, by any chance is your Mondeo a Cork reg? Seen one that was black and had the same alloys that are on yours!

Where abouts in Mayo are you staying?

Where abouts in Mayo are you staying?

*were.. Came back yesterday :) Just outside Westport, place called Loiusburgh?

Was in Waterford today too.. Have clocked up just over 1,000km since Friday night.

Oh.. I thought you're staying there this weekend. If you were, I could've probably met you and let you admire the auld Punto. :P

I did similar miles last week too. Not much driving this week... feels weird.

s
    Oh.. I thought you're staying there this weekend. If you were, I could've probably met you and let you admire the auld Punto. :P

I did similar miles last week too. Not much driving this week... feels weird.

I actually got the chance to take one for a spin last week - wasnt as bad as what I thought it would be to drive!

After doing that kinda mileage I said to myself "damn I really need a diesel for myself" but I know over the next few weeks the Corolla probably wont even leave Tipperary, only for a couple of spins to Waterford again.

Also, the price of petrol is crazy compared to diesel again. I paid 142.9 today when filling up.

I got petrol at 138.9 today. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I did not buy petrol.

Today was a good day.

I did not buy petrol.

Today was a good day.

Any day you don't buy petrol is a good day

I'm gonna hit close to 1000 miles the next two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Noccy, by any chance is your Mondeo a Cork reg? Seen one that was black and had the same alloys that are on yours!

Nope, mines a Mayo reg.

Mine's also a fraud, having the chrome strips under the windows, add the sony radio to it and I like to think I have a titanium :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Nothing like done deal to give you a laugh. 'Clean van' :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/renault-megane-van-2007-1-5-dci/10254584

I did not buy petrol.

254980d1383063709-gbp-jpy-pairs-good-day....jpg

Fixed your post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

CIP4 wrote: »
    Nothing like done deal to give you a laugh. 'Clean van' :pac:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/renault-megane-van-2007-1-5-dci/10254584

"Engine Prefect". There's your problem, it has an ancient Ford engine in it.
    And "Immobiliser Prombels", no, not familiar with that make.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

jimgoose wrote: »
    A one-litre Volkswagen is about as much fun as a toaster and will die after 70,000 miles if you do much in the way of highway driving. A Saxo is a Citroen and will drive you to drink, drugs and divorce as it mugs you at knife-point while shouting "Allez les Bleus!!", but it's at least a quirky, fun little thing. Neither of them have any power. I hope that much helps! :D

Well, the saxo it is then...

Seriously though, looking for a car now is getting tiring..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

"Engine prefect". There's your problem, it has an ancient Ford engine in it.

"Not starting"

Where do these people come from? How can an engine be perfect and not start? Sure an engine that starts but misfires would probably be "mint" to this guy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Engine prefect". There's your problem, it has an ancient Ford engine in it.

Ha! You don’t see old 100E sidevalves calving three grand worth a' fcukan dual-mass particulate injectors, do ya! :D

Bought some wind deflectors on ye olde ebay for the C5. Only place I could find them. Thought I'd get them on Mick's Garage handy enough, but apparently not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

job seeker wrote: »

Confucius say "man who run in front of car get tired. Man who run behind car get exhausted"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

"Engine Prefect". There's your problem, it has an ancient Ford engine in it.
    And "Immobiliser Prombels", no, not familiar with that make.

Judging from the back bumper the driver must of just stood back and tried to throw in whatever needed to go in the boot. I hate seeing yokes like that so abused engines probably wrecked from being run on cheap diesel and not being serviced probably just fit for scrapyard at this stage unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Pov06 wrote: »
    "Not starting"

Where do these people come from? How can an engine be perfect and not start? Sure an engine that starts but misfires would probably be "mint" to this guy :pac:

Well, if it is in fact an old Ford sidevalve that makes prefect sense as written. See what I did there?? :D

• Advertisement

job seeker wrote: »

I'd to put upb with eight chuffin months of the oh looking for a car was like living with a lunatic

Never again

Which insurance company is that with?

Aviva, they've sorted myself and my brother out now with good quotes!

I know we're not supposed to talk about old posters, but is Cleveland Hot Pocket gone or what? Hasn't posted in ages...

I know we're not supposed to talk about old posters, but is Cleveland Hot Pocket gone or what? Hasn't posted in ages...

I was wondering the same

Aviva, they've sorted myself and my brother out now with good quotes!

If you do the driving thing and your car is 2002 or above, they may give you a good quote.

What's this malarkey about Merlin Car Auctions getting a sponsored forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They got a sponsored forum.....

:)

Any particular reason?

If you do the driving thing and your car is 2002 or above, they may give you a good quote.

I'm not sure if my ignition test is still valid but they've always given me good online quotes, even when I was throwing in fake information for future quotes.

Any particular reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOZC3LblyLk

Ah sure it's a bit of advertising for them, isn't it. Puts a few Euro into Boards, too. No harm in it. Could come back to bite them though when someone gets a trouble car and starts giving them endless hassle on here over it :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement