Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They will have been watching you for a while.

Illuminati!

illuminati-eye-of-providence-Long-Sleeve-Shirts.jpg

Haha! I figure it belongs here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Got these today.
    357841.jpg

Is that gun metal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

They will have been watching you for a while.

Odd to be sopped outside a shop like thatt though

I was driving in an area of Dublin I'm rarely in, plus it was 8pm last night too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice wheels Chris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Is that gun metal?

bronze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I seen a mk3 megane like my one today in a car park but it had generic flat rubber mudflaps they were terrible looking on it. My view to putting mudflaps on any kind of a newer car is you either get factory ones or don't put them on. I was glad I haggled in fitted mudflaps for my one after seeing the price of them recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I dunno boys, tracking seems off a bit, I'd say it has just about 1.6mm left on it. Will it pass the NCT? :pac:

dVc2ebU.jpg

(I'm that fond of mowing the lawn, I'd sit beside it taking pictures of it!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I think I needed new pads :o

20150807_205421_zpsntzingbh.jpg

I think I needed new pads :o

Them hella pagid are suppose to be great pads we got them for the octy at the start of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does anyone know the road from Carrick on Shannon to Sligo?

And if you do, what's the story with all of the white crosses each side of the road for a few miles? They surely can't each be for a fatality, there were over twenty of them before I stopped counting

Stheno wrote:
    And if you do, what's the story with all of the white crosses each side of the road for a few miles? They surely can't each be for a fatality, there were over twenty of them before I stopped counting

I think so sadly! Isn't that the notorious stretch of road for deaths?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I think so sadly! Isn't that the notorious stretch of road for deaths?

Yeah I googled it.

30 crosses one for every person killed on that road in recent years over an 11 km stretch

Shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Use it fairly regular. I used to think it was a bit of an exaggeration to get people to slow down but I googled it myself and as you say it's true to form.

Funnily enough it's a nice section to drive on if your car is set up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Stheno wrote: »
    Yeah I googled it.

30 crosses one for every person killed on that road in recent years over an 11 km stretch

Shocking

That road has been revamped massively in the past 3-5 years. It was mad dangerous in fairness!

YbFocus wrote: »
    That road has been revamped massively in the past 3-5 years. It was mad dangerous in fairness!

I was genuinely wondering, I found it ok to drive. It must have been in some state. from the clusters of crosses you can see what parts were really bad, it was freaky on one small stretch there were multiple crosses each side of the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Anyone know if Mitsubishi have stopped selling the diesel Lancer?

I've been seeing loads of new Lamcers around but they all seem to be new 1.6l petrols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

If that is true then hopefully there the first of many to be pushing petrol sales to the ordinary folk who just use there cars for short runs/small mileage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

If that is true then hopefully there the first of many to be pushing petrol sales to the ordinary folk who just use there cars for short runs/small mileage.
    Had a look in a dealership while out for a walk the other night in Terenure, all the new Lancers were petrol, interiors look upgraded too. The ASX had a new interior also and some of them were petrol too.

My grandmother just collect her new 1.6 tdi octavia annual mileage about 5k km a year. Sure there is just no talking to some people not that she will keep it long enough for the dpf to act up.

• Advertisement

CIP4 wrote: »
    My grandmother just collect her new 1.6 tdi octavia annual mileage about 5k km a year. Sure there is just no talking to some people not that she will keep it long enough for the dpf to act up.

Think of the cheap tax!.........Eh?

Or maybe she does a small number of long journeys?
    Which is better than a big number of small journeys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Went on ebay to get new mats for car ended up buying some bulbs and heater knobs aswell.

Considered changing my gearknob as my current one is in an awful state. Some of them look like they would be cold to the touch even if they look cool.

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Think of the cheap tax!.........Eh?

Or maybe she does a small number of long journeys?
    Which is better than a big number of small journeys!

Ah she lives about 20km out of town so it gets abit of a drive as I said it won't make much difference to her as it will be changed within a year.

Actually I only discovered mine has a dpf last week it was written on the door in French.

Ah she lives about 20km out of town so it gets abit of a drive as I said it won't make much difference to her as it will be changed within a year.

Actually I only discovered mine has a dpf last week it was written on the door in French.

Almost every relatively new car has a dpf now, dam Euro 5/6 standards!

What make/model engine you have?

Almost every relatively new car has a dpf now, dam Euro 5/6 standards!

What make/model engine you have?

Megane 3 1.5dci my one was the first of the euro 5 engines the older engine in the 2010 ones didn't have it. Ah it doesn't make a whole lot of difference to me as mine gets loads of long drives so should have loads of opportunities to regenerate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I swear to god this country depresses me.

I swear to god this country depresses me.

It's not only Ireland it's a worldwide "problem" in the insurance and investments sector. However, Ireland is not helped by having multiple Government levies on top of the actuary calculations of risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

2 hours from the topside of dublin to the bottom end of wexford.

No bad.

New Gorey bypass is handy. Best part of Gorey, IMHO

• Advertisement

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Pretty sure he didn't mean the '50.

Pretty sure you know that.
    Are we not talking just the M50, otherwise I just throw the tag on the passenger seat and it works.

'pparently 'ot

GvidoR there is a car here you would like don't know if you seen it or not.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96531091&postcount=4533

I see Merlin car auctions are having an auction tomorrow morning with no reserve! May be worth checking out. Might get an absolute bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I see Merlin car auctions are having an auction tomorrow morning with no reserve! May be worth checking out. Might get an absolute bargain!

Or more than likely an absolute basket case... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

It's not only Ireland it's a worldwide "problem" in the insurance and investments sector. However, Ireland is not helped by having multiple Government levies on top of the actuary calculations of risk.

And the only country where even a yearly test is not enough to stop cars becoming INSANELY dangerous on the stroke of midnight of their 15th birthday. Lolz

Or more than likely an absolute basket case...

There's that too, but if one was going taking the chance then it could turn out in their favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

GvidoR there is a car here you would like don't know if you seen it or not.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96531091&postcount=4533

Seen it on DoneDeal a while back. Looks great, lots of work put into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I've been following this guys build on passionford. He has dropped a cossie engine into an rx8. Just needs a fuel pump as the last one was seized. Fairly impressive amount of work gone into this. He has a bench power supply testing the dash electrics in this pic.

80-20150806_220829_ad00e589c7f466fa23e4ae1b92e2c6ad1f083cc5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Dartz wrote: »
    2 hours from the topside of dublin to the bottom end of wexford.

No bad.

New Gorey bypass is handy. Best part of Gorey, IMHO

Not too hot on geography? Gorey was bypassed years ago. If you mean the Rathnew-Arklow section including the Ballinameesda bends then that ends about 15km North of Gorey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

Marcusm wrote: »
    Not too hot on geography? Gorey was bypassed years ago. If you mean the Rathnew-Arklow section including the Ballinameesda bends then that ends about 15km North of Gorey!

Huh I remember driving through Gorey for some reason last year. Either way... it was a fast drive.

Also. Very few engines fit well with an RX8. The electronic systems are hellishly complex, and the stock ECU's smarter than most people I no.

I was out with a few friends treking up a mountain there this morning and after we decided we'd look for a shop local one was closed ended up doing 60km round trip for the shop :pac: 140km done today and I don't even know how although we did get lost at one point :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It appears to be powered by Red Bull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Oil catch can or something along those lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Just saw that BMW US has a new recall on for Driver side airbags for 2002-2006 3, 5 and X5. I know the 3 Series had a Takata recall over here, is this a different one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

GvidoR wrote: »
    Oil catch can or something along those lines.

Ignition coil.
    80-fb_img_1438172853471_948659608814475ad7ed168eec1c4cfcc6d192a1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Dartz wrote: »
    Huh I remember driving through Gorey for some reason last year. Either way... it was a fast drive.

Also. Very few engines fit well with an RX8. The electronic systems are hellishly complex, and the stock ECU's smarter than most people I no.

Ha ha. Gorey's actually a good market town, lots of shops, restaurants services etc despite no discernible industry. By comparison, Arklow is awful.

Never had a car with a rotary engine, I'll stick with my v8s.

Great thing with rotarys is they don't test your emissions in the NCT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Je suis tres mal

Wonder would that stay the same, if you put a non-rotary in a rotary engined car originally.
    EG like the RX8 above, would that be emissions tested?

Nah. It'd be on their system as an rx8 so they wouldn't bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Je suis tres mal

Pity they are so intricate and have such a small engine bay and chassis so, that could have made for some interesting, emissions free, engine swaps.

Agreed. Mazda don't have that many interesting non rotary engines, so keeping it mazda mightnt be that easy. Did I I hear of a diesel rx8?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement