Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Thats the problem, i cant! Want to have it stock looking under the bonnet... But will need to mandrel bend some metal tube into the biggest looking eejit to get it all to fit :(

I didn't have this problem before, with more hp and same plastic.... Todays lesson: plastic is crap for anything above 1 bar!

Could you coat the piping black after?
    It would maintain a somewhat standard look.

Dont Get Tired of your project, keep pushing on and it'll all be worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

YbFocus wrote: »
    Could you coat the piping black after?
    It would maintain a somewhat standard look.

Dont Get Tired of your project, keep pushing on and it'll all be worth it!

I'm just disgusted that my pipe broke and I will end up having to buy a new one or make that steel one up, time I haven't got!

Fancy that time I haven't got...!

I'm just disgusted that my pipe broke and I will end up having to buy a new one or make that steel one up, time I haven't got!

Fancy that time I haven't got...!

Can you get it repaired?

Or is there a need to make up a fancy one to replace the old one you've used for years?

Can you get it repaired?

Or is there a need to make up a fancy one to replace the old one you've used for years?

Ive only had the pipe on since Sunday :o

Its badly melted, i have silicone pipe to collect later but I'm unsure if that will cure it :(

Ive only had the pipe on since Sunday :o

Its badly melted, i have silicone pipe to collect later but I'm unsure if that will cure it :(

Badly melted? What happened?

Are you using the silicone to bridge the gap?

What are you modding?

• Advertisement

Badly melted? What happened?

Are you using the silicone to bridge the gap?

What are you modding?

Turns out that the pipe had moved and wasn't seated right, thus the gap created caused the pipe to collapse in :eek:

Ah its only an auld diesel engine I'm rooting with ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Turns out that the pipe had moved and wasn't seated right, thus the gap created caused the pipe to collapse in :eek:

Ah its only an auld diesel engine I'm rooting with ;)

Had a similar issue with the Verso here. The rubber pipe going from air filter housing to the turbo wasn't seated properly on the rim of the turbo. Basically it meant the air filter was hardly being used. I'm surprised it didn't throw any DTCs with the MAF being on the piping :o

Pov06 wrote: »
    Had a similar issue with the Verso here. The rubber pipe going from air filter housing to the turbo wasn't seated properly on the rim of the turbo. Basically it meant the air filter was hardly being used. I'm surprised it didn't throw any DTCs with the MAF being on the piping :o

Every d4d breaks that pipe, usually just at the top of the turbo, a c*nt of a thing

Every d4d breaks that pipe, usually just at the top of the turbo, a c*nt of a thing

Yeah it wasn't broken for us, just badly mounted by whoever took it off last. The whole rubber was deformed being tightened half-on :pac:

So here I sit, in my car, as I eat my highly nutritious mc ribwich and kfc whatchamacarcass burrito. I do this everyday as I enjoy the radio (I like to sing along to daft punks get lucky and change the words to "were out to rub a mexican monkey") in my lavish interior, full of dust, rust and a lack of trust as I'm missing a support bar :(

Sadly, not so desired radio broadcasts may time and again make an appearance while im atein my lunchables. Like that awful load of offal by florida (ITS FLORIDA YOU BERK) you know it "i dont know the words so i just go rubs hands like farmer baby, puts on flat cap and starts mimicking the tripe in a caaaavan accent"

Today, something diverted my attention away from the naff, tinkling ad on the radio for souper valu. Whom should i see only Biddy in her new 131 cn PEW JOE 208! With that all to familiar look of terror "jayyyypers mary, were in the biiiig shmoke hai! We betther be careful, dont want to meet any of them car jackets or mobile salesmen!" The traditional bowl haircut, head shaped like a beaker and a look of fred flinstone. You know the type, they look at the camera with a semi surprised look in their hand me down tommy hilfigger striped shirt, taken at a slightly jaunty 18 degree angle....

Biddy didn't look very comfortable in her conversation with mary in the passenger seat. Biddly looked like she was trying to direct hungry cattle out a gap into the parlour, with a coffee cup. Except she actually had a coffee cup in her hand. Perhaps she thinks its one of them swivvell yokes for the shteerin hai?

Biddy was far too engrossed in her local vernacular to notice a bin bag in her path. Without further thinking, her snap reactions led her to brake and swerve like synchronised swimming. Her fast reactions saved her car and the vulnerable bin bag from a 9mph road traffic accident. However, biddys fast reactions were her pitfall, where she suddenly jumped all 28 stones of her onto the accelerometer pedal, in turn sending the car into an accelerated state thus firing the contents of her cold coffee cup all over her. Further actions redeemed her, by suddenly jolting on the land anchors, only to recoil in anguish at the gloop that now covered her frivolous red face.

It's good, but it's not quite Carling

Wouldn't you be disgusted if this happened to you and theres a fancy pigeon looking on, laughing like a cat on catnip!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^
    That just broke my brain. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

^^^
    That just broke my brain. :p

Tellin' ya, he's like a young, diesel-fugged Hunter S. Thompson. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    I do both, if that's any use chief? I don't have one just right at the moment but I have considerable experience. I started on both cars and bikes waaay back as a Gosling. :D

Did you do the test and such for the bike, or are you just one of those hoodlum youngfellas!? :P

Just wondering how difficult it is. My impression is that everyone on a bike seems to be part of some big happy community and everyone loves everyone else?

Not seeing many bikers rowing over stuff in the searches im doing and even in real life they seem to be all be very pally with waves to each other and nods of acknowledgement... So I'm just wondering how hard the test itself may be! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just wondering how difficult it is. My impression is that everyone on a bike seems to be part of some big happy community and everyone loves everyone else?

Yeah, that'd be the GHA - Gay Hells Angels :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Finally fixed the sensor for my traction control (DSC pressure sensor). With the NCT next week, I couldn't leave it for a DIY. €280 it cost me, for just one miserable little sensor :(

Did you do the test and such for the bike, or are you just one of those hoodlum youngfellas!? :P

Not seeing many bikers rowing over stuff in the searches im doing and even in real life they seem to be all be very pally with waves to each other and nods of acknowledgement... So I'm just wondering how hard the test itself may be! :P

We are a peaceful tribe of tree-dwelling, quiche-eating creatures. We mean no harm, except to tyres and rev-limiters. They can go and fcuk themselves. :cool:

More seriously, I've been riding bikes since about 1988 and did the test in 1992 on a little Suzuki GP100, thus gaining a full A1 license, limiting me to 125cc or less. I held that for two years, working away with a provisional, as was the done thing in those days, until about 2002. I eventually did the category A test in 2010 on a rather tidy Honda CB250. I did a pre-test session with a well-known instructor, knowing full well that a gravel-arsed old road dog such as myself hadn't a hope of passing the modern test without some guidance. As for the test difficultly, I'd say it's about on par with that for cars.

Yeah, that'd be the GHA - Gay Hells Angels :pac:

Oooh, you cheeky tart!! :D

quiche-eating

Maybe a bike's not for me.. :(

:P

Maybe a bike's not for me.. :(

:P

Don't panic, the quiche has bits a' ham in it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

What bulb is this guys? They're behind the dash in the focus. Where can I get them and are they expensive feckers?

• Advertisement

What bulb is this guys? They're behind the dash in the focus. Where can I get them and are they expensive feckers?

Looks like a little white LED. You can pick 'em up in the likes of Maplins for pence.

jimgoose wrote:
    Looks like a little white LED. You can pick 'em up in the likes of Maplins for pence.

For those of us in the sticks please...... :pac:

I take it a motor factors would have them?

Just thought they'd be one of them yokes you'd think is cheap, but turn out to be like a 5er a piece!

For those of us in the sticks please...... :pac:

I take it a motor factors would have them?

Just thought they'd be one of them yokes you'd think is cheap, but turn out to be like a 5er a piece!

A decent motor factors might, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Looks the same as a parking bulb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Also referred to as a w2w dash bulb, pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So here I sit, in my car, as I eat my highly nutritious mc ribwich and kfc whatchamacarcass burrito. I do this everyday as I enjoy the radio (I like to sing along to daft punks get lucky and change the words to "were out to rub a mexican monkey") in my lavish interior, full of dust, rust and a lack of trust as I'm missing a support bar :(

Sadly, not so desired radio broadcasts may time and again make an appearance while im atein my lunchables. Like that awful load of offal by florida (ITS FLORIDA YOU BERK) you know it "i dont know the words so i just go rubs hands like farmer baby, puts on flat cap and starts mimicking the tripe in a caaaavan accent"

Today, something diverted my attention away from the naff, tinkling ad on the radio for souper valu. Whom should i see only Biddy in her new 131 cn PEW JOE 208! With that all to familiar look of terror "jayyyypers mary, were in the biiiig shmoke hai! We betther be careful, dont want to meet any of them car jackets or mobile salesmen!" The traditional bowl haircut, head shaped like a beaker and a look of fred flinstone. You know the type, they look at the camera with a semi surprised look in their hand me down tommy hilfigger striped shirt, taken at a slightly jaunty 18 degree angle....

Biddy didn't look very comfortable in her conversation with mary in the passenger seat. Biddly looked like she was trying to direct hungry cattle out a gap into the parlour, with a coffee cup. Except she actually had a coffee cup in her hand. Perhaps she thinks its one of them swivvell yokes for the shteerin hai?

Biddy was far too engrossed in her local vernacular to notice a bin bag in her path. Without further thinking, her snap reactions led her to brake and swerve like synchronised swimming. Her fast reactions saved her car and the vulnerable bin bag from a 9mph road traffic accident. However, biddys fast reactions were her pitfall, where she suddenly jumped all 28 stones of her onto the accelerometer pedal, in turn sending the car into an accelerated state thus firing the contents of her cold coffee cup all over her. Further actions redeemed her, by suddenly jolting on the land anchors, only to recoil in anguish at the gloop that now covered her frivolous red face.

It's good, but it's not quite Carling

Wouldn't you be disgusted if this happened to you and theres a fancy pigeon looking on, laughing like a cat on catnip!!! :D

It's all your fault for looking at Biddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Biddy was a fine woman :D.

Don't panic, the quiche has bits a' ham in it. :D

Make Quiche not War!

Looks the same as a parking bulb?

Far smaller than a parking bulb. Dash bulb is what yer man called them. 2.20 a bulb too! Needed 3 of them. Had a sneaky suspicion that they were more than a few pennys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Far smaller than a parking bulb. Dash bulb is what yer man called them. 2.20 a bulb too! Needed 3 of them. Had a sneaky suspicion that they were more than a few pennys!
    Bandits.
    I'm sure I recall people on here getting them or the toyota equivalent from Mr T for pennies. Although that could be my mind playing tricks on me again.

Bandits. I'm sure I recall people on here getting them or the toyota equivalent from Mr T for pennies. Although that could be my mind playing tricks on me again.

Meh, I'll survive the fact they have financially crippled me :pac:

I got 3 of those bulbs for the dash on the Focus when I had it. Worked out at €1 per bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Seen a new Passet today in silver with hubcaps and it looked awful. And likewise with the base spec (LX ?) 152 mondeo I seen last week too, that looked even worse actually.

I'm not going to say how/why do people buy cars like this because I know a lot of them are fleet cars but to the minority that do what is the attraction ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Price. Cheapest possible as long as it has the reg.

Seen a new Passet today in silver with hubcaps and it looked awful. And likewise with the base spec (LX ?) 152 mondeo I seen last week too, that looked even worse actually.

Naa, that's a zetec would ya believe, 16" puny alloys, along with dechromed doors, grille etc. Looks nasty.

They all looked well at the beginning of the year when Ford offered the appearance pack (which made the zetec almost identical to the titanium) for only a few bob extra. It was a promotional idea to kickstart sales. Everyone went for it, hence them all looking decent. Now it appears the offer is over and the boggo zetecs are showing their face!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Naa, that's a zetec would ya believe, 16" puny alloys, along with dechromed doors, grille etc. Looks nasty.

They all looked well at the beginning of the year when Ford offered the appearance pack (which made the zetec almost identical to the titanium) for only a few bob extra. It was a promotional idea to kickstart sales. Everyone went for it, hence them all looking decent. Now it appears the offer is over and the boggo zetecs are showing their face!

Just after a quick Google there it must of been the Style model I seen, all 1.6 tdci no doubt. I can see there on carzone what you mean about the 151 zetec and titanium been very alike.

The new Focus is a cracking looking car, the front grill suits it much better than the Mondeo. Even the black mesh grill suits it very well also.

Well lads, RIP ford. Checked coolant level, the tank is empty. Last week it was up to the max.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Center armrest clippy thing arrived and fitted. Just waiting on a price now from the George Dalton place for the ariel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Well lads, RIP ford. Checked coolant level, the tank is empty. Last week it was up to the max.
    It been acting up at all? Can you see the leak at all? I had 1.8 before had coolant leak couldn't figure it out was the frost plugs in the end. Car was driving and working fine but coolant just be gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Fcuk...warranty on it? Any visible leak?

• Advertisement

Working fine, not overheated, temp gauge normal but barely any coolant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Check frost plugs so sounds like what I had. Bit of work to get to mind I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Weird, they're parking bulbs in my Civic. Maybe they're bigger in most cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Working fine, not overheated, temp gauge normal but barely any coolant.

My mk2 focus pissed coolant everywhere when I had it turned out it was one of the rubber hoses that runs over the top of the radiator not sure if 1.8 has similar set up ah I seen the leak on the ground wrecked the engine. But then infairness Whalen that yoke wasn't leaking coolant it was leaking oil and when I wasn't leaking oil it was leaking diesel the poor engine was never dry. Obviously it's a different engine to yours.

In other news I got my car washed today after work as it got covered in a light layer of powder from work and went all sticky and was hard to see out the window. I didn't actually wash it though I need to do it next time and give it a polish but looks very clean at the moment they did a good job.

Last day of placement tomorrow after nearly 6 months I'll seriously miss the place and people but it was a great experience :)

Filled up with coolant, ran for 40 mins, no bother.

So I'm thinking. Hmm last week I used AC on the N7. Turned on AC, big puddle on the ground. As far as I can see an AC hose is covered in coolant

Thank fcuk

No leak when AC is off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I wouldn't be that quick to write it off!

Edit, ah you have a possible cause.
    Tbh I'm fairly ignorant of ac, being a recent convert, but I thought the ac system was separate?

I wouldn't be that quick to write it off!

Edit, ah you have a possible cause.
    Tbh I'm fairly ignorant of ac, being a recent convert, but I thought the ac system was separate?

Same as myself so. It's strange but coolant leaks when AC is on, no idea how AC works.

Same as myself so. It's strange but coolant leaks when AC is on, no idea how AC works.

It should not work of the coolant AFAIK.
    I had a bad coolant leak once in my cmax, the thermostat housing tends to leak in fords. It won't be obvious, there wasn't even a puddle under the car, but check if you can see any small leak from the thermostat housing.

It should not work of the coolant AFAIK.
    I had a bad coolant leak once in my cmax, the thermostat housing tends to leak in fords. It won't be obvious, there wasn't even a puddle under the car, but check if you can see any small leak from the thermostat housing.

Not sure but the leak was on the driver side at the front of the bumper so it could be anything.

Bringing it to a garage tomorrow so they can raise it and have a gander.

Not sure but the leak was on the driver side at the front of the bumper so it could be anything.

Bringing it to a garage tomorrow so they can raise it and have a gander.

Front drivers side, there's a bent hose near the alternator coming from the rad, on my car that once came lose and was rubbing on the fan belt, check that out as well.

Edit:
    I don't blame Ford for that, this was due to damage suffered when I ran over a Christmas tree that fell off someone's car one year. How many people here have managed to run into a tree on the motorway?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement