Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Comments

Front drivers side, there's a bent hose near the alternator coming from the rad, on my car that once came lose and was rubbing on the fan belt, check that out as well.

Edit:
    I don't blame Ford for that, this was due to damage suffered when I ran over a Christmas tree that fell off someone's car one year. How many people here have managed to run into a tree on the motorway?

Sorry about that. Forgot the rope that day. Do you still have it? Will be needing it in the coming months :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Sh*t! NCT due next week and forgot to tax the car!
    Will they test a car with tax out a few days?

Sh*t! NCT due next week and forgot to tax the car!
    Will they test a car with tax out a few days?

Forgot :pac:

They will indeed.

Applied for the Motorbike Theory Test.

As far as I can see it's identical to the car test in every way. There are a handful of bike orientated questions that come up, but I'm confident they also appear in the Car test, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

As far as I can see it's identical to the car test in every way. There are a handful of bike orientated questions that come up, but I'm confident they also appear in the Car test, too?

Don't be hounding us all if you decide to get a bike :pac: :P

Don't be hounding us all if you decide to get a bike :pac: :P

I'll still have a car :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Will work for driveshafts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Will work for driveshafts

Do they all go through them that quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Ive only had the pipe on since Sunday :o

Its badly melted, i have silicone pipe to collect later but I'm unsure if that will cure it :(

It worked, boost and savage cooooo restored :) the drive into work really woke me up :D

Now to sort out a better pipe solution

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It worked, boost and savage cooooo restored :) the drive into work really woke me up :D

Now to sort out a better pipe solution

Can I just say, at this point: Give 'er shoe an' make 'er boo laaaaad!! :pac:

Forgot :pac:

They will indeed.

Honest mistake, Guv!
    If they catch me, I will need a crooked, shyster lawyer, any recommendations?

Honest mistake, Guv!
    If they catch me, I will need a crooked, shyster lawyer, any recommendations?

Plenty. Be chaper tax the fcukan thing though. :pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Can I just say, at this point: Give 'er shoe an' make 'er boo laaaaad!! :pac:

"Crossroads wide, let her slide and diff her with pride" :D

Hahahahaha

361131.jpg

Hahahahaha...

Would "Hoorsprung ditch Feltspek" cover that, d'you think? :pac:

• Advertisement

Would "Hoorsprung ditch Feltspek" cover that, d'you think? :pac:

It is silver.... But missing the vital miami/Boston/alphard wheels :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Credit Union paid for my car :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Lads, will a normal locksmith be able to cut my Civics key? I broke the casing on mine, so I'll need a new one. Transponder/chip will be able to be swapped in, but the key blade itself won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Lads, will a normal locksmith be able to cut my Civics key? I broke the casing on mine, so I'll need a new one. Transponder/chip will be able to be swapped in, but the key blade itself won't.

I'm sure the locksmith will be able. But from my experience they won't copy car keys even if you have the log book. But it's worth asking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

job seeker wrote: »
    I'm sure the locksmith will be able. But from my experience they won't copy car keys even if you have the log book. But it's worth asking...
    Grand, worth asking them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Brought the Focus back to the dealer this morning. He said they'll have it fixed by 1 PM today :)

Grand, worth asking them anyway.

For sure dude. Ask around a few, you may get lucky. :)

Two locksmiths in Drogheda, and I approached both about cutting car keys.

One said no, because he was part of a franchise and that wasn't a service they offered. The other didn't pass any remarks and had it done for me in about 15 minutes.

I don't think you'd have much trouble (as an aside, no ID, logbook etc. was required - But I did have a casing I got off Amazon with the uncut key on it.. although yer man said the key that was on it was shite and replaced it anyway, just keeping the plastic housing).

Two locksmiths in Drogheda, and I approached both about cutting car keys.

One said no, because he was part of a franchise and that wasn't a service they offered. The other didn't pass any remarks and had it done for me in about 15 minutes.

I don't think you'd have much trouble (as an aside, no ID, logbook etc. was required - But I did have a casing I got off Amazon with the uncut key on it.. although yer man said the key that was on it was shite and replaced it anyway, just keeping the plastic housing).

Ya it really depends on the locksmith. I've tried 2 or 3 places and each siad they wouldn't cut car keys..

So I'm doing the free theory test on ISM's site:

http://www.ism.ie/advice/theory-test/mock-theory-test

And I got a question wrong :eek: :o

Is this correct?

theoryqa.jpg

I thought the driver was held responsible for everyone in the vehicle and not just those under 17? :confused: By that logic, if a 19 year old gets into my car and won't put a belt on, when we get to a checkpoint, only he is at fault, and not me for choosing to drive with him unrestrained?

Plenty. Be chaper tax the fcukan thing though. :pac:

Ah well, I have to wait for the monthly Focke Wulf to come through carrying my money purse filled with the requisite amount of Reichsmark.

Who is good at reconditioning turbos? Not interested in a replacement chra, just want my one done up

Its for a Volvo B10m coach :)

Who is good at reconditioning turbos? Not interested in a replacement chra, just want my one done up

Its for a Volvo B10m coach :)

Depends where you are I know a crowd in Ennis...

Ah well, I have to wait for the monthly Focke Wulf to come through carrying my money purse filled with the requisite amount of Reichsmark.

I'd have thought having it sent down the chimney by Stuka dive-bomber would be more you, Herr Rittmeister! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm manning the Flak gun!!

• Advertisement

Depends where you are I know a crowd in Ennis...

I enjoy a good spin :D

Whereabouts in Ennis are and who are they :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Do they all go through them that quick?

Standard car would probably be fine

Standard car would probably be fine
    Ah ;)

I enjoy a good spin :D

Whereabouts in Ennis are and who are they :)

Banner turbos:

http://bannerturbos.com/about/

They have all the right gear and they've been there for a few years but I haven't used them myself. Reasonable enough. Planning to do mine latest his year or early next. They replace the innards, balance and test, so at least they know their turbos from their tie rod ends.

Lovely jubbly I'll give them a ring after work :D

Lovely jubbly I'll give them a ring after work :D

Let me know how you get on, as I said, haven't any personal experience.

Parking in the franchised family feedbag, wikkid styles n kits for your ride bruv and the caaaaavan mans supermarket car park, you do see all the types of automobile.

Like little badry and his barryboy race cor, because he needs to be going everywhere at the redline in his gonky spec corsa, looking like a melted mellow mars and blaring some gormless choons that would quickly give my arse a headache

Careful mumsy wagon with a swarm in the back (possibly the boot and roof racks too) has been careful enough to powder coat her alloys black with dust to distinguish them from the back wheels along with carefully mark every door with a uniformed vertical line to identify that this is indeed her set of doors on her car. Bonus points for the projectile vomit/poopoo on the rear window.

Why am I rambling on again? A transit drove past me that made me nearly choke on my generic mc meat and cheese substitute burger. There was a fairly audible jackhammer sound emerging from it. First thought was "holy f*ckballs, thats gonna sh*te a bag of bolts!" then thought better and realised it'd more than likely sh*te all over the road instead.

Which reminded me of an incident the other night after choo choo boooost was lost on my vehicle. While carefully diagnosing where the leak was coming from, a badge engineered generic vivaro van fumbled by my house emitting a similar thumping sound. Again, similar thoughts ran through my head and I thought no more of it. When I professionally diagnosed where my boost leak was and professionally repaired it with gaffa tape, I took the humble car for a test drive. In the distance, like an art decco film, were hazards flashing in a hazy, slow rate. As I drew nearer, it was our friend from earlier, pulled in. He had appeared to have struck oil, metal and aluminum.... Now I know we have Tara mines but this is great news to our economy, all those extra minerals!

Still, some sympathy was felt, as that happened to me too in a previous life :eek:

at least they know their turbos from their tie rod ends.

But do they know their turbos from their altenators? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Still, some sympathy was felt, as that happened to me too in a previous life :eek:

fook! That fly out of a toyota?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Just venting lads..

I was driving from the Wilton on the link road passing kinsale roundabout heading into the city, as my lights turn green i proceed while in the left lane past the roundabout to take the left lane into the city, when 2 feckin gob****es in a 1.9 a4 silver and sporting a nice big red L plate, flew past the junction coming from the harvey norman side, not even slowing down at the roundabout, just missed me, i was only doing 35 thank jasus, otherwise he would have totalled my front end..

To make matters worse i kept my cool and proceeded as normal not even bothering to flash or beep the cnuts.. i kept under the limit the whole time..

Then they slowed down in the left lane to just in front of me and drifted into the right land and wanted to race, well so it seemed to me anyway..
    After getting no satisfaction they tore off and took the turners cross turn off half way down the road and must have been doing 80 on the bend, which at 40 is too fast..

Id luv to knee cap the cnuts tbh.. ** Rant Over **

Reminds me i must order a dash cam..

Interslice wrote: »
    fook! That fly out of a toyota?

Aye! Effort that went into doing that :D Left quite a mess too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

robbiew wrote: »
    Just venting lads..

I was driving from the Wilton on the link road passing kinsale roundabout heading into the city, as my lights turn green i proceed while in the left lane past the roundabout to take the left lane into the city, when 2 feckin gob****es in a 1.9 a4 silver and sporting a nice big red L plate, flew past the junction coming from the harvey norman side, not even slowing down at the roundabout, just missed me, i was only doing 35 thank jasus, otherwise he would have totalled my front end..

To make matters worse i kept my cool and proceeded as normal not even bothering to flash or beep the cnuts.. i kept under the limit the whole time..

Then they slowed down in the left lane to just in front of me and drifted into the right land and wanted to race, well so it seemed to me anyway..
    After getting no satisfaction they tore off and took the turners cross turn off half way down the road and must have been doing 80 on the bend, which at 40 is too fast..

Id luv to knee cap the cnuts tbh.. ** Rant Over **

Fcuk the little scrotes over.

Traffic Watch 1890 205 805

robbiew wrote: »
    Just venting lads..

Is it a full moon or something?

Met two straaaange boys in a golf at lunchtime in Limerick.
    Slowed down miles ahead of a queue of cars at a red light, then crawled along. So far, not so weird but they seemed to be doing an awful lot of looking back.

Crawl off from traffic lights, slowing down (no brakes) and speeding up randomly, then jerking right/left.

Then shot off in a 50k zone after a few hundred meters?

I stayed well back from them, strange stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭robbiew

Fcuk the little scrotes over.

Traffic Watch 1890 205 805

Whole thing happened so quickly that i didn't get their reg, and i had to meet up with someone, so i didn't have time to follow them..

luckily no one got hurt and no damage to my car, so i left it off..

Was praying that the boys in blue would be patrolling, but no such luck..
    Mind you i bet if i had took off and left them i would have got caught speeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Dat power!

5589793138_46925d90db_n.jpg

But do they know their turbos from their altenators?

• Advertisement

Wow that guy really likes alternators... WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Heading for the tunnel in Cork this morning, look in my rear view and what's behind me? Another thunder grey celica, the only other thunder grey i've ever seen aside from my own!

So much awesome had never been seen in rear view before, then he overtakes me and pulls back into my lane and it also has the VVTI 190 crest on the boot too, the only other celica i've seen with that apart from my own!

Literally enjoyed the whole thing more that is normal to do so.

Then on to the Jack Lynch tunnel;
    tunnel+vvtli+k&n+sunroof open = :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ah I can see you now :D

gWXcxgO.jpg

(sorry I just seen that pic on reddit and had to post given your description above).

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Seriously thinking of not selling my A3 purely because I'm sick to my teeth of timewasters, what do they get out of it? There is some gobeens out there! Such as " ill leave now" 3 hours later no sign. Won't answer text or calls? Why?!

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    Seriously thinking of not selling my A3 purely because I'm sick to my teeth of timewasters, what do they get out of it? There is some gobeens out there! Such as " ill leave now" 3 hours later no sign. Won't answer text or calls? Why?!

This is exactly why I will not meet anyone somewhere outside of my town. If they truly want what I'm selling, they'll come to me for it. After that they can fvck right off!

I will let them go to the arranged meeting point and when I don't show, they can ring me. Otherwise I'm going to continue with my life as normal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement