Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The car landed in front of a tree. I think that's the driver on the road.

Pic is big so link is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hal1 wrote: »
    The car landed in front of a tree. I think that's the driver on the road.

Pic is big so link is here.

How did he not get sucked up when he left the car.

The car is about 12 times heavier than him. If he is about 70kg and car is 800kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Sums it up rather nicely :P

11828671_2521313192285_6256501662187706885_n.jpg?oh=0e39a338fdd7dd7abe034b68f0659e45&oe=5683E779

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OSI wrote: »
    Putting together an ad to sell the FIL's 2005 Land Rover Defender 110. Trying to figure a price is near impossible as the one's I see online are all over the place...

I have no idea, but I strongly suspect that if I had any grandmothers left one of them would be going on eBay around now. That's gorgeous!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

There is a guy on the 4x4 forum on boards called Sean101 (I think) who should be able to give you a guide price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I went out to the car today for the first time in over a week. Getting it serviced on Wednesday and getting a new window reg fitted. I absolutely love it but starting to feel it's an unnessecary garden ornament. Rational thoughts say sell, heart says keep. Can't figure out what to do. Once it's serviced it needs nothing, nctd till Jan but I'll do that early and I'd be amazed if it needed anything done to pass. Sadly I expect I'll end up just driving it as I feel bad leaving it parked doing nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Wut? Must be a photoshop!?!

5o5xch.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That actually looks awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I was coming here to post that Ford :( :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was just told that all cars imported from the UK are clocked by a dealer! This is absolute nonsense surely.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

The woman posing next to the Ford Ka supercar has quite large arms

Dia1988 wrote: »
    The woman posing next to the Ford Ka supercar has quite large arms

She is just a fat biatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Going to head north tomorrow check out the Antrim coast road looks deadly hopefully weather is good! Be an early start too to make the most of it. Lot of driving ahead this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Was just told that all cars imported from the UK are clocked by a dealer! This is absolute nonsense surely.

Like every single one?

Who told you this now? An Irish dealer or a lad down the pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Going to head north tomorrow check out the Antrim coast road looks deadly hopefully weather is good! Be an early start too to make the most of it. Lot of driving ahead this week!

The glens of Antrim are just epic. Even when you get stuck behind a bus you don't mind because the views are unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

Ya looking forward to seeing it now think I'll check out giants causeway too. Going to stop in Dublin tomorrow night break it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Gavman84 wrote: »
    Ya looking forward to seeing it now think I'll check out giants causeway too. Going to stop in Dublin tomorrow night break it up

I was expecting more from the giants causeway tbh. It was snowing a bit when I was there so maybe I didn't hang around long enough to let it sink in. It's the kinda thing you can't not do when you're there I suppose!!!
    But yeah, some great driving roads up that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I was expecting more from the giants causeway tbh. It was snowing a bit when I was there so maybe I didn't hang around long enough to let it sink in. It's the kinda thing you can't not do when you're there I suppose!!!
    But yeah, some great driving roads up that way.

"Worth seeing, yes; but not worth going to see."

Dr Johnson

Brian Scan wrote: »

Dr Johnson

Haha, thought that was just an apt quote until I Googled it and saw he actually said it about the giants causeway. Yup, pretty much how we felt after it.

Enjoyed the trip up there, although big shops were offering one for one on the euro at that time and "things" were at their quietest ever.

Haha, thought that was just an apt quote until I Googled it and saw he actually said it about the giants causeway. Yup, pretty much how we felt after it.

Enjoyed the trip up there, although big shops were offering one for one on the euro at that time and "things" were at their quietest ever.

Yeah, it is a bit underwhelming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Brian Scan wrote: »

Dr Johnson

Sums it up perfectly.
    I was expecting a massive area of rock formation, but it really is tiny.
    The organ is pretty impressive

Sums it up perfectly.
    I was expecting a massive area of rock formation, but it really is tiny.
    The organ is pretty impressive[/QUOTE]

Mine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I opened my passenger door and noticed the top piece of the door card at the top of the window is hanging off where the door closes. I doesn't want to clip back in I might try and remove the door card and have a proper look I'm not sure how it happened maybe it was always like that but surly I would have noticed.

Someone must of had the door card of probably to replace a window regulator :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Probably a bit of plastic bent out of shape, unclipping a few more clips and straightening out where the offending clip is might be the way to go.

Had something similar happen in the civic last week, had the boot open and the wind must've caught the parcel shelf, which in turn pulled out a bit of the boot trim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Probably a bit of plastic bent out of shape, unclipping a few more clips and straightening out where the offending clip is might be the way to go.

Had something similar happen in the civic last week, had the boot open and the wind must've caught the parcel shelf, which in turn pulled out a bit of the boot trim.

I luckily have a Haynes manual for it so I'll look up how to remove it and hopefully sort the offending clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Funny enough I tried using a haynes manual to get all four door cards off the 19 last week.

I ended up booting them off. They're bloody mad difficult to read

This chap doesn't seem to grasp the whole numberplate blocking thing, I don't think..

https://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-645/10073319

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Like every single one?

Who told you this now? An Irish dealer or a lad down the pub?

An irish dealer. Sounds like horsesh1t to me

This chap doesn't seem to grasp the whole numberplate blocking thing, I don't think..

Someone posted that last week I think it was on one of the threads on here.

But on the topic of blocking numberplates. I would be embarrassed to have someone call to the house to look at the car after blocking a number plate that way.

How hard is it to use a app on pc or even phone to cover the plate. Just open app choose a colour of paint and swipe across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭DoctorStrange

Or the ones who cover the plate with a tea towel and then put up a picture of the NCT disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Blocking reg plates is stupid anyway. Screams out dodgy to me.

This is.... fascinating

I have never ever watched one of those "wacky" "OMG look what we did to an Iphone" videos.
    The only unboxing video I've ever watched was to see how a component I worked on fared in the customers final product.
    I intend to keep it that way.

GvidoR wrote: »
    This is.... fascinating

People and their money/stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The views it receives and advertising revenue it will generate mean that the iPhone was money well...em...burned.

• Advertisement

You'll never guess what happened next.......

You'll never guess what happened next.......
    Did it involve one weird trick?
    Do brake manufacturers hate this single mom?

DEATH TO CLICK BAIT!!!

Did it involve one weird trick?
    Do brake manufacturers hate this single mom?

DEATH TO CLICK BAIT!!!

You should get adblock. :pac:

GvidoR wrote: »
    You should get adblock. :pac:
    It's everywhere, thread titles, newspaper headlines, people even talk like click bait now. DEATH TO CLICK BAIT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It's everywhere, thread titles, newspaper headlines, people even talk like click bait now. DEATH TO CLICK BAIT!!!

"When I saw what was hyperlinked my life changed forever, you'll never guess why, the reason is mind blowing.... Click to find out more"

• Advertisement

"When I saw what was hyperlinked my life changed forever, you'll never guess why, the reason is mind blowing.... Click to find out more"
    Leonardo-Dicaprio.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

42778617.png

Um..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

How did the phone break?

Oh well you know, I put it into the caliper of my Porsche because I wanted to brake (sic) it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Trip around Italy nearly at an end, Honda performed well with no issues. Jinxed it now.
    Spotted a load of mazzas here and a few nutters including the one today who I nearly t-boned.
    Absolute tosser did a u turn without indicating and on a blind bend. Abs kicked in and better yet he was smiling away as I came within an inch of his rear door.
    Glad I had the brakes changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Brakes on Focus went from 100% today to almost completely gone.

New pads and discs all round.

Brakes on Focus went from 100% today to almost completely gone.

New pads and discs all round.

Mondello or back roads of Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Mondello or back roads of Galway?

Nah the pads just wore that way. No fade and then total disintegration :p

Shoulda used iPhones. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Driving through killiney village this evening around half nine. It fairly narrow. A lad in a vitara, parked in a bay facing traffic, pulls out to do a three point turn. I stay well back to leave him finish it. He reverses back across the road into a 151 renault traffic. Hits it a half decent slap, lucky the spare wheel hit the van or it would have been bad enough damage. He spins off anyway fairly lively. I drove passed the van then and seen a man and a woman in the front seats not looking too bothered by the whole thing. Never got out or anything. It was a company van so maybe they just didn't give a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Some people can be odd at that time of the day Inter....:D

In car news, I think one of these might be my next car..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/10115969
    VOLVO S60 2.4 D5

Doing many miles these days, and while I'm hoping to be abroad with work by the end of the month, if I was staying around I'd have one in a heartbeat. Absolutely love those D5 S60's.

Such underrated cars...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement