Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Observations during motorbike test

• 07-08-2015 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I have my motorbike test coming up soon and have a quick query about when to do observations.

Let's say you're coming up to turn right at a crossroads where the light is red: the correct procedure is mirror, indicate, shoulder check, move then stop in position.
    Once you're in position to turn right and the light turns green, do you just check your mirrors and move off or do you need to do another lifesaver?

Likewise, if you're turning right and the light is green on the approach, once you've moved into the right hand lane, can you just turn right or do you have to check behind you while turning?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

For the sake of those 20 minutes, check during every manoeuvre. He needs to see you making sure there are no hazards or potential incidents. Once you're performing them smoothly and not taking your eyes off the road ahead for too long (yes I know it's a contradiction, but it makes sense when you're doing them) you'll be fine. I failed first time mainly due to lack of observation, second time out I walked away with a totally clean sheet. Relax, pay attention and you'll be fine. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, would always do a lifesaver on a right turn just before you turn. You never know whether another bike or a cyclist (or even an impatient car) has decided to cut around you. I've actually had this happen in "real" circumstances.

Advertisement