Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial Arts / combat sports in waterford

Options
  • 07-08-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been doing martial arts for over 11 years, have a green belt in shotokan Karate, a yellow belt in judo, and been doing Brazilian jiu-jitsu since 2005. I've taken a break and haven't done anything for almost a year now, but would like to get back into it.

My job pays for up to €400 a year towards a gym membership or martial arts lessons, but unfortunately, most places I've come across are cash on the night and don't do any sort invoice/receipt which is useless to me.

Does anyone know of any martial arts classes that can supply an invoice/receipt even if it means signing up for a membership ?, preferably closes to the city centre as I can't drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

There's a Krav Maga outfit in town, and as far as I know they charge a set monthly amount. Not sure of the finer details, but I'm sure a quick Google would bring them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

blackbelt academy might at the six cross roads might do

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

ec18 wrote: »
    blackbelt academy might at the six cross roads might do

You mean Black Eagle Dojo ?, the guys there are great, trained with them for years but unfortunately I cant drive and its a long way from where I live (45 minute walk). Used to go there when I had a lift from someone else who went there but no longer have that option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Have you tried Waterford MMA? Or Ganbaru BJJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

J0hnick wrote: »
    You mean Black Eagle Dojo ?, the guys there are great, trained with them for years but unfortunately I cant drive and its a long way from where I live (45 minute walk). Used to go there when I had a lift from someone else who went there but no longer have that option now.

nope these guys

http://www.blackbeltacademy.ie/

• Advertisement

Have you tried Waterford MMA? Or Ganbaru BJJ?

Spoke to one of the lads who runs Ganbaru BJJ, they dont have an invoice system, so I wouldn't be able to claim the money back from work.
    ec18 wrote: »

My bad, but it looks like their even more out of the way then Black Eagle, so same thing applies.

spoke to one of the lads who runs Ganbaru BJJ, they dont have an invoice system, so I wouldn't be able to claim the money back from work.

Maybe ask in work what exactly your work needs to see on the invoice. Perhaps they or you could do one up for you on excel/word, there are plenty of free apps to do it and just have the lads sign or agree.

If they need a VAT number or something you might have an issue but you never know. I would love if my company paid for my martial arts classes.

If they need a VAT number or something you might have an issue

Yea they do unfortunately :(

Looks like you might be stuck with a regular gym.

Waterford Judo or MMA perhaps? Its a real shame if you cant get this sorted, its a great opportunity.

Alternatively you could just sign up for a regular gym and pay yourself for a couple classes a week.

Advertisement