Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6 and FORD SYNC

• 07-08-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Just to let people know a little experience I had the past few days.
    I upgraded to IOS 8.4 on my Iphone 6 during the week and found I lost the bluetooth connection in my Ford Connect Van. Neither phone or SYNC wouold find each other.
    Did the usual things found on the different message boards including resetting, Master Reset etc. to no avail. Got on to Apple Care and went through all the tests with a very helpful chap. He sent me an email on the phone with an IOS Diagnostics link to a QUICK TEST. This is sent back to him and he could see that all was ok with my phone.
    Went to a local Ford Garage and the guy there told me that their is a little problem with SYNC sometimes in that it appears "ON" but is not transmitting a bluetooth signal. Disconnet the positive lead from the battery for 15 minutes and it resets itself.

BINGO = All working again.

It's not always the phones fault !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kenwood wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Just to let people know a little experience I had the past few days.
    I upgraded to IOS 8.4 on my Iphone 6 during the week and found I lost the bluetooth connection in my Ford Connect Van. Neither phone or SYNC wouold find each other.
    Did the usual things found on the different message boards including resetting, Master Reset etc. to no avail. Got on to Apple Care and went through all the tests with a very helpful chap. He sent me an email on the phone with an IOS Diagnostics link to a QUICK TEST. This is sent back to him and he could see that all was ok with my phone.
    Went to a local Ford Garage and the guy there told me that their is a little problem with SYNC sometimes in that it appears "ON" but is not transmitting a bluetooth signal. Disconnet the positive lead from the battery for 15 minutes and it resets itself.

BINGO = All working again.

It's not always the phones fault !!!

Just make sure you have your radio code prior to disconnecting your battery

Advertisement