Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad air account question and iphone question

Options
  • 07-08-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Earlier on in the year, I sold an iPhone to my niece. I forgot that my password was on it so she rang me one day and asked for it so I gave it to her. The only thing is that the same account is on my ipad. whenever I install an app, she has it and vice and versa. I want to sell my ipad. Am I right in saying that if I change her username and password through the forgetting password, restore my ipad so I can sell it, would it restore my niece's account, even though I changed her account. will she hav to set up her iPhone again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

leemaree wrote: »
    Earlier on in the year, I sold an iPhone to my niece. I forgot that my password was on it so she rang me one day and asked for it so I gave it to her. The only thing is that the same account is on my ipad. whenever I install an app, she has it and vice and versa. I want to sell my ipad. Am I right in saying that if I change her username and password through the forgetting password, restore my ipad so I can sell it, would it restore my niece's account, even though I changed her account. will she hav to set up her iPhone again?

No, just the iPad will be restored. Your niece can always remove your iCloud account and put in her own Apple ID, in the long term it's probably best she does that sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

naasrd wrote: »
    No, just the iPad will be restored. Your niece can always remove your iCloud account and put in her own Apple ID, in the long term it's probably best she does that sooner rather than later.

So can I reset my Ipad now to it's factory settings without her losing her stuff? It was just I was afraid to do anything until now I don't want to f*ck up her phone as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Leave the Apple ID alone. Changing the password will mess her device up. Just restore the iPad. That will remove your account from the device so you can sell it.

But as naasrd said, your niece needs to create her own account. Sharing Apple IDs is a bad idea.

Advertisement