Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with garden

Options
  • 07-08-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭

What can I do with this Garden. the drainage is bad. We got a new the last few months and and it is wet the garden he in ploughing it up by running around etc. I also have a small part at the side of the house that I would like to do something with. I had stones but the kids have been taking the stones.

I don't want to spend much as it is a rented house

2015-08-06-1557.jpg
    2015-08-06-1558.jpg
    2015-08-06-1559.jpg

Side of house

2015-08-06-1560.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭GardeningGirl

Hiya, I'm not much of a genius when it comes to it but, I might suggest a climber, maybe clematis Montana for the wall/fence cover, they grow enormous and vigorously so. Hardy too. They like cool feet and hot head, so a slab over the roots will help you and they will grow into the sun.
    Maybe mix with honeysuckle to prolong the flowering period.

Then the two sunniest sides of the lawn, dig a 3-4ft bed and sow wild meadow seeds, it's cheap and also lovely and pretty with a long show season usually !
    Nature does it best, really :)

As for the lawn... I would say hole punch it with a metal rode every couple of feet to help lower water level, roll it, and lay some lawn seed. Pray the moss doesn't come ;) and keep an eye out that birds don't get in there!

I'm guessing you don't wanna go too crazy between keeping space for the kids and the pet so simplicity should work well for you!

If you'll be there a while I can give you some seeds to plant up, just natives that won't be too much maintenance and should do well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

I was thinking more draining with pipes etc

Advertisement