Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

javagal wrote: »
    Anyone still getting the occasional cramp? Bump is taking a growth spurt and my lower back is cramping at time and it occasionally goes into my hip on the right side. I presume it's the extra weight and pressure but can't help and get freaked out

On my second I had very painful BH from early on! She didn't come until 38 weeks but doc kept thinking I was going into labout and gave me steroid injections! Its started happening now again but I hear that it happens earlier with each subsequent pregnancy! I believe its a good thing because my daughters birth was a doddle and I put it down to the fact that most of the work had been done at that stage lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

On my second I had very painful BH from early on! She didn't come until 38 weeks but doc kept thinking I was going into labout and gave me steroid injections! Its started happening now again but I hear that it happens earlier with each subsequent pregnancy! I believe its a good thing because my daughters birth was a doddle and I put it down to the fact that most of the work had been done at that stage lol

Turns out I had yet another uti.. the doctor must be sick of looking at me and my pregnancy ailments!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

Hi all!:) I posted here early in my pregnancy and then went off the radar for a while. I was very sick with pains (due to past surgeries and having adhesions and scarring tissue pulling and stretching etc) I've also had a cervical stitch put in at 14 weeks as my first DD was premature born at 29 weeks! I'm now 21 weeks preggers and doing well again (apart from the normal stuff, like tiredness and bit of dizzy spells) I don't know if it's a boy or girl yet! Hope to find out next app which is 5th January! Anyone else around the same time as me? 21 weeks? Best wishes to you all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

hi cakescakes, im 21 weeks to. getting a lot of pelvic pain the last week or so, we had a 3d scan yesterday and found out what we're having. it's so exciting to see them now they're getting so big, so in January it'll be lovely for you

Turns out I had yet another uti.. the doctor must be sick of looking at me and my pregnancy ailments!

I was the same on my first 2 pregnancies lol haven't seen them much at all this time! Must be having an easier time this go although it doesn't feel like it :-P

• Advertisement

cakescakes wrote: »
    Hi all!:) I posted here early in my pregnancy and then went off the radar for a while. I was very sick with pains (due to past surgeries and having adhesions and scarring tissue pulling and stretching etc) I've also had a cervical stitch put in at 14 weeks as my first DD was premature born at 29 weeks! I'm now 21 weeks preggers and doing well again (apart from the normal stuff, like tiredness and bit of dizzy spells) I don't know if it's a boy or girl yet! Hope to find out next app which is 5th January! Anyone else around the same time as me? 21 weeks? Best wishes to you all xx

Hi cakes I'm not far off I'm 23 weeks I think lol I can't remember! Either 23 or 24

So sorry to hear your having a rough time! Fingers crossed it starts getting easier

Hi Mac! When you say your having pelvic pain? Is that like low down pressure type pain? Cause I have that today... I'm not concerned or anything but it would be interesting to know if what I have is similar to u? It feels like pressure kindof... Like maybe a growth spurt or something causing stretching and pain but it's low down? I've been advised to rest when I can with this "stitch" also which I find hard to do (especially as I have a 5 year old daughter but she's good really and not too demanding now at 5) but I've always been a busy bee and being told to rest is hard job ... I look around and see all the jobs need doing ... Lol... I must keep the attitude that this will all be worth it and there will be jobs and work after me;) (sorry I ran off course a but there) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Im 21+ weeks also. Feeling huge at the minute. I also have stitch-like pain exactly where my appendix is and it's really uncomfortable when I walk at any speed faster than a snail :( I've also had a few laparoscopies so just wondering if its that. Back with consultant on 21st so I'll ask then. Otherwise I feel really good. Tiredness gone for now :)

yellow hen wrote: »
    Im 21+ weeks also. Feeling huge at the minute. I also have stitch-like pain exactly where my appendix is and it's really uncomfortable when I walk at any speed faster than a snail :( I've also had a few laparoscopies so just wondering if its that. Back with consultant on 21st so I'll ask then. Otherwise I feel really good. Tiredness gone for now :)

I had a stitch on and off with my 2nd! It was soooo uncomfortable that I kept praying it wouldn't be there when I went into labour because I wouldn't be able to push lol it wasn't there on the big day thank god !

Hi yellowhen! I find gyni's (most) overlook any aches or pains as long as the baby is doing well. I am a grad 5 endometriosis sufferer and so like you I've had several laparoscopicies also... I had an excision lap last year! Anyway, as well as the pelvic discomfort I've been having the last two days, I seem to have a pin in my left ovary (kinda a bit like the stitch you say your having more so than pain) I mentioned it at last scan as it comes and goes... Doc made nothing of it 🙄 Sometimes I wish these doctors could actually really feel and know what these pains are like??!!!!! They might be a little more sympathetic! I know the baby doing well is the most important of course, however mamas health and wellbeing throughout is NB too.... Even to keep her emotions on the straight and narrow eh? I hope you feel better soon with this!! P.S. I also feel HUGE and I'm 21.4 also:)

• Advertisement

it's a sharp pain low down at the front, if I'm sitting down and move my legs (have a foot rest under the desk) or at home when I have my feet up on foot stool I get sharp pains, as well when I stand up or sometimes when bending to pick up baba. I think I'm walking a bit funny to :eek: The joys of it all, oh should be taking it easy cakes, I know it's hard to do and I'm the worst for taking my own advice but sure we'll have enough to do in April...

Mac0783 wrote: »
    it's a sharp pain low down at the front, if I'm sitting down and move my legs (have a foot rest under the desk) or at home when I have my feet up on foot stool I get sharp pains, as well when I stand up or sometimes when bending to pick up baba. I think I'm walking a bit funny to :eek: The joys of it all, oh should be taking it easy cakes, I know it's hard to do and I'm the worst for taking my own advice but sure we'll have enough to do in April...

That sounds a bit like SPD I tend to get it a bit later on! Have trouble using pedals in car walking stairs etc

I think we all need a bit of a slow down by now(as if that's possible)
    By 35 weeks last time, I was still nimble and able to do most, now I know I'm on anti-b's but I just went to hoover stairs and then mopped the floor and had to sit down for 10 minutes with the pain.

Could have a lot to do with my terrible diet, I'm just not hungry during the day so my only calories are from chocolate I snack on, just forced myself to sit and eat eggs with tomatoes and mushrooms and I feel so much better already.

Little one is starting to feel less little! Getting kicked about here! Enjoying playing chase the foot (or hand) with her when I feel it slowly making its way across the top of bump lol we wont feel it now with the festivities coming up

Little one is starting to feel less little! Getting kicked about here! Enjoying playing chase the foot (or hand) with her when I feel it slowly making its way across the top of bump lol we wont feel it now with the festivities coming up

Jumping around here too. I feel very heavy and awkward already. In town all morn at santy and shopping and my back feels like it's going to break :(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Finally getting some energy back at 23 weeks . Gave in and went on the iron tablets and boy do they make a difference. With 3 under 5 already I need the energy.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Jumping around here too. I feel very heavy and awkward already. In town all morn at santy and shopping and my back feels like it's going to break :(

I went Xmas shopping this evening and ended up with a horrendous stitch lol absolutely useless at the most! 'm sooo low on this one but that's normal on your 3rd from what I can gather! She is in my lap lol def feeling like an old lady and its getting increasingly harder to get my boots off as the days go on!

Where are you all from again?
    Finding myself fairly lonely now again, on my own with the toddler 5 days a week till 7pm or so, will be even harder to get out when little man arrives.

Would love to do a few meet ups. I did a few with my last boards group but we couldn't of been spread further apart

I'm in Laois btw

Where are you all from again?
    Finding myself fairly lonely now again, on my own with the toddler 5 days a week till 7pm or so, will be even harder to get out when little man arrives.

Would love to do a few meet ups. I did a few with my last boards group but we couldn't of been spread further apart

I'm in Laois btw

I'm in meath about an hour away! I'm pretty flat out with the smallies and full time job but I could def do a meet up once I'm on mat leave!

I'm in meath about an hour away! I'm pretty flat out with the smallies and full time job but I could def do a meet up once I'm on mat leave!

I'm in Athlone, working full time to but definitely be interested in a meet up when on Mat leave. I know how you feel, I the long days stretching ahead of me tough to when I was on Mat. leave, a little bit worried about that this time again to.

• Advertisement

I'm in Athlone, working full time to but definitely be interested in a meet up when on Mat leave. I know how you feel, I the long days stretching ahead of me tough to when I was on Mat. leave, a little bit worried about that this time again to.

You're not too far from me at all then! Would definitely love a few meets when he arrives, hubby wants to take a week or so off work but I'll be thrown in the deep end so will need to vent to someone who understands!

Hi All,

I've seen on other groups that people have set up facebook pages for chatting and sharing stuff and also organizing meet ups around the country. I wonder would anyone be interested in us doing the same?

No idea how to do it but maybe someone know facebook better than I?

Anyone still on for this? I can set up a group if people wanna pm me their Facebook names.
    I can make it a private group so No one will be anything from it on their timelines.

Hi Java,

I am that's great, will PM you now. and hopefully when we set up the group on FBOOK we'll have a better idea where everyone is and we could arrange a few meet ups. :D

Hello ladies, first off, yup I'd be interested in FB private chat! I'm in limerick (county and bordering Kerry) but I'd travel for a meet up for sure! Yea!
    I'm also carrying Veeeeery low! Any kicks are like waaaay down there lol. And the pressure feeling is tough! Went Christmas shopping too today and by the time I was finished I "needed" my bed!!!
    On an emotional side I'm finding this a VeRY difficult pregnancy.... Not connecting with baby at all I'm sorry to say... Or admit .... It's the "fear" I guess of something happening again and I'm not allowing myself to connect. I'm worried tbh... I hate people touching my belly... Like.... Hate it... And even talking about the pregnancy in person! Hoping I can try and remedy all of this over Christmas holidays xxx

cakescakes wrote: »
    Hello ladies, first off, yup I'd be interested in FB private chat! I'm in limerick (county and bordering Kerry) but I'd travel for a meet up for sure! Yea!
    I'm also carrying Veeeeery low! Any kicks are like waaaay down there lol. And the pressure feeling is tough! Went Christmas shopping too today and by the time I was finished I "needed" my bed!!!
    On an emotional side I'm finding this a VeRY difficult pregnancy.... Not connecting with baby at all I'm sorry to say... Or admit .... It's the "fear" I guess of something happening again and I'm not allowing myself to connect. I'm worried tbh... I hate people touching my belly... Like.... Hate it... And even talking about the pregnancy in person! Hoping I can try and remedy all of this over Christmas holidays xxx

That sounds really awful! Pregnancy hormones can get the better of us sometimes! It's only in the last 2 weeks or so I've had a turn around! Was really struggling with my mood. Hope you feel better soon and get loads of rest. If you feel worse it might not be any harm to speak to your doctor about how your feeling for some advice

Ok I've only added mac on Facebook! Can whoever else pm me their details and I'll get the group set up!

Nice putting a face to a name!

Ok I've only added mac on Facebook! Can whoever else pm me their details and I'll get the group set up!

I don't have Facebook! Well I do but I only use it to group chat the girls I used to live with as a student lol I'll send you the details for that anyway

I don't use it that much but will try join in and count me in for a meet up at some stage.

I've given javagal my Facebook but I've no pictures on it! I also have a famous persons name since marriage so its all going to look very suspicious lol if anyone wants to add me on instagram though I'm more than happy to accept! I'm very suspicious of putting too much out there on the web. Occupational hazard! I also have no filter though so I'm safer off Facebook :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Bring on 2016 and mat leave is all I can say!!!

Advertisement