Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

cakescakes wrote: »
    Java gal - my doc said he will def keep me in from 37 weeks if the manual move isn't successful! I think the worry is spontaneous labor happening at home or whatever and the cord causing probs to baby so it's safer be in the hospital my dear, I don't want to frighten you or anyone, this is just what I've learned, but personally for me, I know I'd prefer be in safe hands of the hospital in this case, awaiting a section if I have to, and incase waters broke and labor happened naturally at least I'd be close to theatre for an emergency! Look, please GOD all our little babies engage head down in next two weeks and we all have lovely natural deliveries and easy healing after !!!!

Hey cakes ! Thanks for this.
    Thankfully, baby Java has moved into head down position, happy as Larry !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Ah baby day tomorrow! So excited and so petrified! I hope it's quick and easy :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Ah baby day tomorrow! So excited and so petrified! I hope it's quick and easy :-P

Into bed with you now so!!!! Will be looking forward to hearing all the news. X

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Oh wow Emma very very very best of luck to you today :) I'll be thinking of you! Enjoy celebrating your little ones birth day :)

Terrifying being home with my little tea cup baby but I'm so delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations Emma :)

Congratulations Emma :)

Thanks a million! You would think with this being 3rd baby I would be a pro but my nerves are absolutely gone with her being so small! Hopefully I'll feel less stressed in a few days 😅

Hope everything is going well for you and your little one Emma :)

Turns out at the 11th hour mine decided to turn herself, so no need for the ECV and the c section has been cancelled. Relieved in one way but a teeny tiny bit disappointed in another as it was nice to have a set date and time of when she'd be here, if that makes sense! Apparently I don't do very well with this "she'll come when she's ready" stuff :P Friday is my due date so really hoping she comes soon!

How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pennypie

Hi Girls!Im 37+5 now, head down in position but not engaged.Ive managed to pull a muscle in my back and I've been signed off work (was my last week anyway).The pain is excruciating...can't walk for more than a few metres and so uncomfortable to be in bed.Going mad.Especially with my extreme nesting tendencies...can't do anything!They have referred me for physio so I'm hoping for crutches at least....need to get this baby out!On the upside I've been sewing up a storm cause I can't do anything else.Managed to make baby another quilt since Saturday!How are you guys doing, it really won't be long now for any of us, fingers crossed!,

Hope everything is going well for you and your little one Emma :)

Turns out at the 11th hour mine decided to turn herself, so no need for the ECV and the c section has been cancelled. Relieved in one way but a teeny tiny bit disappointed in another as it was nice to have a set date and time of when she'd be here, if that makes sense! Apparently I don't do very well with this "she'll come when she's ready" stuff :P Friday is my due date so really hoping she comes soon!

How is everyone else doing?

Thanks a million! She has gained half a pound since last Tuesday so us 4lbs 8oz now! Have gotten much better with her smallness now and am not as nervous lol

Dying for all you mamas to have your babies so we can talk baby gadgets and winding, weaning and all that other fun stuff.
    I'd say your all feeling pretty rotten and tired now!

• Advertisement

39 weeks today here.. my little bear not interested in seeing what I look like from the outside.
    Not back to hospital to next Friday when I'll be two days over.. there was actually nothing worse than being over due and thinking is this it for every twinge.

Is everyone on the fb now ? Much easier to keep up with each other after wards.

Pictures of Emma's little one isn't helping my impatience ! She's pocket perfect

javagal wrote: »
    39 weeks today here.. my little bear not interested in seeing what I look like from the outside.
    Not back to hospital to next Friday when I'll be two days over.. there was actually nothing worse than being over due and thinking is this it for every twinge.

Is everyone on the fb now ? Much easier to keep up with each other after wards.

Pictures of Emma's little one isn't helping my impatience ! She's pocket perfect

Aw thanks javagal! I'm hoping the pics will send you all into labour simultaneously lol

So my wait is almost over - I'm booked in for an induction tomorrow morning :-O relieved and nervous at the same time! I got a sweep done earlier which was uncomfortable but fine really, so I'm on high alert tonight now in case things start happening naturally! Head is all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pennypie

So exciting The Irony Maiden, we will all be dying to hear how your getting on!

So my wait is almost over - I'm booked in for an induction tomorrow morning :-O relieved and nervous at the same time! I got a sweep done earlier which was uncomfortable but fine really, so I'm on high alert tonight now in case things start happening naturally! Head is all over the place!

Omg! Thank god! I need more babies to come lol I'm starting to get lonely!

Try to get some sleep! Easier said than done... This time 3 weeks ago I found out I had it all ahead of me! It's so Different to going into labour by yourself!

Hope tomorrow goes smoothly and you have a quick and easy labour!

Oh keep us all posted if you're able too. I'm being induced this afternoon and I haven't a clue what to expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh keep us all posted if you're able too. I'm being induced this afternoon and I haven't a clue what to expect!

Omg best of luck YH!! Hope all goes well!!

You too irony maiden :)

Oh yellow hen best wishes to you :):):)
    The waiting game has begun - they put the tampon thingy (if only I could remember it's actual name!) in after a slightly uncomfortable internal exam, so just chilling now waiting for the pain to start! They said if nothing happens they'll break my waters tomorrow. Feels strange just lounging in my pyjamas but it's pretty quiet in my room so it's relaxing :)

The waiting game has begun - they put the tampon thingy (if only I could remember it's actual name!) in after a slightly uncomfortable internal exam, so just chilling now waiting for the pain to start! They said if nothing happens they'll break my waters tomorrow. Feels strange just lounging in my pyjamas but it's pretty quiet in my room so it's relaxing :)

Pessary? Lol is this your first baby? I didn't need pessary just broke my waters! Once the oxy is given it flies! I couldn't believe how quick it went once I was put on it!

Omg so exciting!

Pessary? Lol is this your first baby? I didn't need pessary just broke my waters! Once the oxy is given it flies! I couldn't believe how quick it went once I was put on it!

Omg so exciting!

I'm going on oxy later. Don't know why they skip gels. Delighted it'll be quick

• Advertisement

What hospital are you in?

I'm going on oxy later. Don't know why they skip gels. Delighted it'll be quick

You won't even get time to think once oxy is started! I think once waters are gone they don't mess about! With the gel or pessary it can add an extra day but that's usually only for first babies so it should be today YH! I'm officially stalking you!

Pessary, that's the one! I'm in the Rotunda yellow hen. Have you gotten the oxy yet? Fingers crossed it starts happening quickly for you! Things for mw are basically moving at the same pace they were this morning, that is to say, glacial :P glad of the kindle at times like these! The ward is grand thankfully, nice and quiet. Hoping that things start moving a bit quicker soon.

Pessary, that's the one! I'm in the Rotunda yellow hen. Have you gotten the oxy yet? Fingers crossed it starts happening quickly for you! Things for mw are basically moving at the same pace they were this morning, that is to say, glacial :P glad of the kindle at times like these! The ward is grand thankfully, nice and quiet. Hoping that things start moving a bit quicker soon.

Anything doing yet? Labour ward here is apparently too busy so I'm on a list. Starting to get very sore and uncomfortable though so just wondering if I'll go on my own.

Anything doing yet? Labour ward here is apparently too busy so I'm on a list. Starting to get very sore and uncomfortable though so just wondering if I'll go on my own.

Oh hopefully you do, I think the less medical intervention with inducing the better! And hopefully the labour ward clears up soon, looks like we both escaped having april fool babies :P

Nothing happening here for me, sent my boyfriend home for a rest so hoping things don't start now that he's gone! Strange trying to settle here for the night. The anticipation is killing me!

So BabyMaiden arrived at 3:29 this morning :) bit of a difficult labour with manually breaking waters, an oxy drip, a suction cup and an episiotomy but all so worth it to get here her safe and sound :) I'm obsessed with her!

Huge congrats!!

So BabyMaiden arrived at 3:29 this morning :) bit of a difficult labour with manually breaking waters, an oxy drip, a suction cup and an episiotomy but all so worth it to get here her safe and sound :) I'm obsessed with her!

Oh Christ, you poor divil. That must have felt like decades since induction started on Friday. Little yellow hen arrived after midnight on Friday... I never did get called for my induction but ended up going on my own in a hurry so no pain relief. I am in total awe of you ladies who elect for no pain relief... I thought it was s form of complete torture!

Congratulations and well done! Sounds like a bit of an ordeal! Hope your not feeling too sore and get to escape soon lol

• Advertisement

I'm home now thank god, was absolutely dying to get out of that hospital! Bit sore alright but managing it, to be honest at this stage I am just so happy to be home I'll take any pain :P how are all you guys doing with your bundles of joy? Trying to resist the urge of holding mine constantly while she sleeps, I know I should be putting her down to get her used to it but it's soooo nice to cuddle them while they're sleepy :):)

Advertisement