Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

KarKar10 wrote: »
    I don't have my first antenatal appointment till Oct the 8th so I'll be around 14 weeks or so by then, it might just be because of your history javagal.

I haven't been able to eat dinners or any of my healthy-ish foods cause I just keep puking, bread is my staple food. Had a jam sandwich for my dinner and will have another 2 slices later. It's the only thing I can keep down so will hopefully get my appetite back in the 2nd trimester.

My 3 year old caught me puking yesterday, the poor divil didn't know what to do. Started shouting at my OH to ring an ambulance haha!

Ps anyone heading to the pregnancy and baby fair in the RDS later this month? Love getting a few free goodies :)

is it worth going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

Girls, I haven't been doing the worst eating ever, maybe an extra takeaway a week and two slices of toast at night if I'm hungry but I feel like I'm piling on the weight already. Anyone els8[/QUOTE]

I thought it was just me, I was wearing my normal jeans for the first 6 months of my first pregnancy at this rate i'll be doing well to fit into them by week 10. I am always hungry, and if I'm not hungry I'm nauseous and the only way to get rid of it is to eat something! I think my belly has already popped out. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cakescakes

Hi ladies - I am with everyone on the feeling big/bloated/not fitting regular clothes! I'm only 7 weeks and feel SO bloated! I'm eating well, I have nausea but it's bearable ... Eating something helps!
    Has anyone cravings? I'm craving mushroom soup!!!! AND watery fruit... Like melons, oranges and strawberries:)
    I'm still having cramping pains but doc thinks it may be from adhesions I have from past surgeries for my endometriosis! At least baby is ok. Meeting gyni next week... He might shed some of his wisdom on pains x sun is shining in the south west today!! Gonna try enjoy it while I can x

I think it must be bloating, my jeans close today! didnt yesterday! I'm 10 weeks on thurs and have my first antenatal appointment that day too.

Cakes, I'm craving something different every day, lasanga some days, salt and vinegar crisps other! totally gone off sweets and red meat!

Javagal yes ... I think bloat here too... Because while I've gone up a little in the scales since positive pregnancy test ... I feel really it's more bloat... Even though I'm eating well ... It's Sooooo different to my first pregnancy!! My body is expanding and FAST ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

cakescakes wrote: »
    Javagal yes ... I think bloat here too... Because while I've gone up a little in the scales since positive pregnancy test ... I feel really it's more bloat... Even though I'm eating well ... It's Sooooo different to my first pregnancy!! My body is expanding and FAST ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

I'm still stocking up on leggings and long line vests to wear! Jeans might still fit but doesn't mean they're comfy!
    Treating myself to hd brows and eyebrow extensions this week, the amount of money I've saved in wine lol!

Ah yes one side perk of pregnancy, all the money saved from not buying half as many clothes! I've been thinking the same, must book a facial and a massage.

Ha ha... Yup the money saved on wine! X factor just isn't the same without my glass of wine!! Anybody know if I can get my hair professionally coloured ? I bought a home kit of dye from health shop... But there's nothing like getting it done proper at hairdressers!! Where do I draw the line of being over cautious !!!? In my first pregnancy I didn't put on fake tan or colour my hair ... I even used a non alcohol based deodorant ☺️ What's Ye're take?

um I didn't do any of that, continued tan, hair coloring etc.. i think perhaps it depends what colour your dying it and if they need to use bleach? i.e Blond bad, other colours ok? But I'm not sure, I know someone who wouldn't eat salad from a bag due to the chances of listeria..!

totes agree about x factor!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

javagal wrote: »
    is it worth going to?

Haven't been since my first pregnancy 3 and a half years ago but registered for free tickets off the SMA website so may as well go cause the RDS is only a 20/30 min drive from where I live.

I'm re-using the cot and buggy, just need to get a new colour hood and footmuff when the baby arrives so don't think I'll have to spend a crazy amount of money this time but will be nice to go to the baby fair and have a look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

cakescakes wrote: »
    Ha ha... Yup the money saved on wine! X factor just isn't the same without my glass of wine!! Anybody know if I can get my hair professionally coloured ? I bought a home kit of dye from health shop... But there's nothing like getting it done proper at hairdressers!! Where do I draw the line of being over cautious !!!? In my first pregnancy I didn't put on fake tan or colour my hair ... I even used a non alcohol based deodorant ☺️ What's Ye're take?

I was completely product cautious in pregnancy and really think its not harm. If snaything went wrong after ion any respect re baby, I would have blamed the dye/glass of wine/cosmetics etc. Re hair dye, i didn't dye hair at all in pregnancy but do think getting highlights ( which dont touch the scalp) is fine....Its so hard to balance your needs versus worries re baby isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Mac0783 wrote: »

I thought it was just me, I was wearing my normal jeans for the first 6 months of my first pregnancy at this rate i'll be doing well to fit into them by week 10. I am always hungry, and if I'm not hungry I'm nauseous and the only way to get rid of it is to eat something! I think my belly has already popped out. :eek:

Oh Mac I'm with you there. I'm hungry and nauseous and only food makes the nausea go away. Hard sweets have been great to help with that actually. Have been eating a lot of carbs bur have completely gone off chocolate bars, which is a first as I normally eat 1 or 2 a day! Cakes and biscuits are still fine though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Oh and I meant to ask, do any of you suffer from insomnia while pregnant and any tips? I was an actual insomniac on tablets for years before I got pregnant with my first and my insomnia just disappeared. I seem to be regressing this time around though, I'm awake by 4am and stay awake and I'm exhausted. The last two nights have been 2am wakings. I'm really worried as I will literally cease functioning if I go back to how I used to be :(

Fur baby thanks! Well, I use all natural hair colour from health shop. I haven't had a glass of wine since I learned I was pregnant... I'm being good with my eating also... Now i will have treats! Had a big banana split yesterday with icecream chocolate sauce and banana etc etc!;)
    I remember with my first DD who was born at 29 weeks, the doctor said they could tell I really looked after myself during pregnancy when baby was born... Plus she cried when she came out which they said she might not. I had no regrets. It was hard as I love my food (seafood and blue cheese and wine and I love cooking) but I think for the months of pregnancy it's worth making these sacrifices!

11 weeks-maternity jeans day 1.

Never going back!

Could I be cheeky and ask where they are from? I found it so hard the last time to find nice maternity clothes, thankfully I didn't need until later on but I wont be so lucky this time. :(:(:(

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Could I be cheeky and ask where they are from? I found it so hard the last time to find nice maternity clothes, thankfully I didn't need until later on but I wont be so lucky this time. :(:(:(

They are from next.. they were 34e,I had a 15e off voucher so they were only 19

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

11 weeks-maternity jeans day 1.

Never going back!

You're blooming java :) I didn't have to purchase any maternity jeans on my first pregnancy just looped a bobbin around the button. Say they'll be defo needed this time around.

Had my scan last Friday and they have kept the week off my due date (I'm raging) had a 30 day cycle which messed up my ovulation but least everything is growing as should be. New due date is 18th of April.

Feel like I'm showing already, the only way to ease my nausea is too eat and all I seem to be eating is bread and junk, I've a gluten intolerance and shouldn't eat normal bread so the bloating/bulge is probably down to that.

What stretch mark creams are yous all using or intending to use? I swore by bio oil the last time but read a nasty article about the chemicals it contains so just ordered myself some burts bee mama oil and then mama mio belly butter as a treat.

KarKar10 wrote: »
    You're blooming java :) I didn't have to purchase any maternity jeans on my first pregnancy just looped a bobbin around the button. Say they'll be defo needed this time around.

Had my scan last Friday and they have kept the week off my due date (I'm raging) had a 30 day cycle which messed up my ovulation but least everything is growing as should be. New due date is 18th of April.

Feel like I'm showing already, the only way to ease my nausea is too eat and all I seem to be eating is bread and junk, I've a gluten intolerance and shouldn't eat normal bread so the bloating/bulge is probably down to that.

What stretch mark creams are yous all using or intending to use? I swore by bio oil the last time but read a nasty article about the chemicals it contains so just ordered myself some burts bee mama oil and then mama mio belly butter as a treat.

last time I religiously used the mama mio oil and it worked great to week 30, I am destroyed in stretch marks, Zoe was almost 10 pound so my tummy hadn't much hope!
    This time I'll just use coconut oil, not that it can get much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

So sick this past week,can't eat much without feeling sick,seems to be worse in the evening,super tired too,roll on the 2nd trimester!doc reckons there's only one in there so can rule out twins!whoohoo!

• Advertisement

sonandheir, the sickness is awful. Thankfully mine has mainly passed but I hear you on the tiredness, I could sleep for a month. Roll on second trimester, I really hope it lifts then.

And if I could make it to 14 weeks before I have to crack out the maternity clothes, all the better. fingers crossed but it's not looking good. :(

I'm 12 weeks and in my maternity stuff! Can get away with the bobbin in my jeans but they're just not comfy!

In hospital for 12 week scan on Friday.
    Booked my gender scan for 8th Nov 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moving over here from the May 2016 thread. I had an appt today with my gynae and I decided to keep it and tell her the good news (It's a clomid baby). They decided to scan me there and then to make sure there was just one in there, which there was but I'm dating 10.5 weeks. I reckoned I wasn't even 8. Due date now around 19th April. I'm in total shock. Seeing the little bean was so lovely....apparently he/she's measuring a good size, very active and good strong spine. So delighted :)

yellow hen wrote: »
    Moving over here from the May 2016 thread. I had an appt today with my gynae and I decided to keep it and tell her the good news (It's a clomid baby). They decided to scan me there and then to make sure there was just one in there, which there was but I'm dating 10.5 weeks. I reckoned I wasn't even 8. Due date now around 19th April. I'm in total shock. Seeing the little bean was so lovely....apparently he/she's measuring a good size, very active and good strong spine. So delighted :)

Ah congrats yellow hen! Fabulous news!

Girls, I swear I just felt the bubble movements. Am i mad? 12 weeks today. Felt my first at 16.
    Felt too close to surface to be gas

Had my 12 week visit today, in the high risk clinic this time around cause of my history, waited 2 hours for consultant!!!
    Measuring bang on dates, baby moving well.. got a bit freaked out when he did the nuchal translucency thing but he didn't seem concerned. Does anyone know their measurements from this/last time around?

Got a lovely scan picture of a little face!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pythonista

My NT measurement was 2.0mm, which combined with the blood test results and the age factor (I'm 31) gave a Down's risk of 1:43,000.

pythonista wrote: »
    My NT measurement was 2.0mm, which combined with the blood test results and the age factor (I'm 31) gave a Down's risk of 1:43,000.

Oh great, Mine was 2.0 also, not sure on bloods and I'm 27.. so should be ok I guess!thanks!

Is this a test from Down Syndrome you're talking about? I don't recall getting that done the last time. I thought that was only offered to women over 35? Did you ask for it?

*Edit* Sorry that's a lot of questions, just I haven't heard of it being done as standard before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Had my 12 week visit today, in the high risk clinic this time around cause of my history, waited 2 hours for consultant!!!
    Measuring bang on dates, baby moving well.. got a bit freaked out when he did the nuchal translucency thing but he didn't seem concerned. Does anyone know their measurements from this/last time around?

Got a lovely scan picture of a little face!

Had our scan last Monday, all is well thank god.

Due April 12th.

Advertisement