Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

javagal wrote: »
    Aww I have my scan is 3 weeks on Sunday, how many weeks will you be getting yours

I'll be 18+3 having mine. I think Holles street tend to do them early because I was around that the last time too!

Aww I have my scan is 3 weeks on Sunday, how many weeks will you be getting yours

I'll be 18+3 having mine. I think Holles street tend to do them early because I was around that the last time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I'll be 16 weeks, they normally do them around 12 / 14 weeks in Mullingar. so it's next Thursday. I CAN NOT WAIT. :)

Hope everyone is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

I had a 9 weeks with early preg unit a 12 week scan and due for my anomaly at 19+5weeks in UCHG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I've been greedy!
    I've had 4 scans!
    Two in epu, two in hospital, then my gender scan in 3 weeks and 20 week scan the following week.

Not that you ever tire of seeing a healthy little baby!
    Plenty of little movements here too, a couple of inches under my belly button, mostly in the morning and night when I'm relaxed.

Hope I get the mad movements like I did on my first, she was 10 pound so at the end, she'd move and my whole tummy would shake and I think could pick out an arm or leg. Amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

My anomaly scan is at 22 weeks, normally 21 but I had to reschedule. Seems forever away!

Was at the doctor yesterday and I had ketones in my urine, she said I've low blood sugar. Explains my symptoms of fatigue, insomnia, poor weight gain and headaches. She told me to eat little and often but I'm doing that already as always starving :(

I think everything goes so slow until after the big scan.

Oh no hopefully it regulates for you FurBabyMomma just found out I have another UTI to be expected as I suffer from a duplex kidney collection system just frustrating like all ailments during pregnancy.

Been online today looking and everything and anything for bump I know its to early to buy but just cant help myself looking at all the little booties and prams :)

My anomaly scan is at 22 weeks, normally 21 but I had to reschedule. Seems forever away!

Was at the doctor yesterday and I had ketones in my urine, she said I've low blood sugar. Explains my symptoms of fatigue, insomnia, poor weight gain and headaches. She told me to eat little and often but I'm doing that already as always starving :(

Did she treat you for dehydration? Hopefully your feeling better soon. I was in with my gp for hypermesis and she sent me in to holles street. They gave me a prescription for cariban but my pharmacist never heard of it so I will have to look around lol I heard its a wonder drug so I hope it works

How is everyone doing? My nipples are more sore this week than any other.
    My immune system is so bad lately, uti, then cold, now sore ears and throat.. anyone know if I can use strepsils?
    15+5 today

Getting round ligament pain again so bump must be going through a growth spurt :)
    Javagal I've never asked a gp about strepsils while pregnant. But I have read to avoid as they are medicated "can't be sure though" maybe try non medicated lozenges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@javagal, listen back to peter boylan on Sean moncrief yesterday claiming that medicating when necessary is not risking your child's health. Moderation and necessity are the keys. I for one have bad sintusitis and haven't slept properly for 4 nights. Got day and night today so hoping to sleep like a baby tonight!

yellow hen wrote: »
    @javagal, listen back to peter boylan on Sean moncrief yesterday claiming that medicating when necessary is not risking your child's health. Moderation and necessity are the keys. I for one have bad sintusitis and haven't slept properly for 4 nights. Got day and night today so hoping to sleep like a baby tonight!

Yeah my doctor said the same today, everything in moderation!
    She wouldn't give me anything for it though, said it's viral... But I got to listen to baby on her Doppler so was happy for the visit!!

Currently doing up the toddlers "big girl bedroom" so we can reuse the nursery, although she still Cosleeps most nights so starting the long journey into her sleeping alone!

What age is she Java? We're moving into new house next week and I'm just going to take opp to move my 2.5yr old into his own bed. He spends most of his night turning circles so I'm sure the floor will become his new bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

I'm dosed with a flu,pharmacist said I can have Strepsils but only the honey&lemon one,also was told I can have the normal Lemsip so I'm going with it,feel like crap,hard when trying to mind 3 kids&sick,we moved our two Year old into her own bed when we moved house last year,was a rough the first week but got easier,now the two girls share a room,its great,good luck with move!

sonandheir wrote: »
    I'm dosed with a flu,pharmacist said I can have Strepsils but only the honey&lemon one,also was told I can have the normal Lemsip so I'm going with it,feel like crap,hard when trying to mind 3 kids&sick,we moved our two Year old into her own bed when we moved house last year,was a rough the first week but got easier,now the two girls share a room,its great,good luck with move!

The worst person to ask is a pharmacist...... They'll give you nothing! Ask your GP instead. You're no good to your family if you're in bits. I'm all mellowed out here on my Benelyn. Roll on a good nights sleep :)

sonandheir wrote: »

Suffering here with sinusitis myself. Took a lemsip yesterday and spent the guts of an hour throwing it all back up lol I've decided that the sinusitis is the lesser of two evils so I'm powering on . little one woke up about and hour ago on fire so has been stripped and giving a paralink and some nurofen. I feel like its gonna be a long night! Have work and consultants visit tomorrow and all I want to do is have a Jim jam day with the little one!

yellow hen wrote: »
    What age is she Java? We're moving into new house next week and I'm just going to take opp to move my 2.5yr old into his own bed. He spends most of his night turning circles so I'm sure the floor will become his new bed!

She is 3! Very proud to say she fell asleep in there on her own and didn't wake To call us till 7.50! Her dad and I however paced the hallway all night checking on her!
    I even had a little cry, this time I'm trying my best to avoid Co sleeping..

Hope you all feel better ladies!! Get as much sleep as you can !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Did she treat you for dehydration? Hopefully your feeling better soon. I was in with my gp for hypermesis and she sent me in to holles street. They gave me a prescription for cariban but my pharmacist never heard of it so I will have to look around lol I heard its a wonder drug so I hope it works

I hope you managed to find it? If you're a member of Healthwave it's much cheaper for it also, as it's very expensive. I had awful hyperemesis at 6 weeks and this is what saved me from months of misery I believe, the nausea and vomiting don't subside altogether and it works different for different people, but I found it my miracle helper. I am now 16 weeks and not vomiting except maybe the odd morning and that's all, it's probably naturally stopping anyway, but I tried coming off it at 14 weeks and was sick again pretty much straight away.

Emmadilema I didn't get treated for anything, she just told me to eat little and often and stay hydrated, which I thought I was doing? Haven't had a headache for a few days now though so maybe I'm doing something better!
    DollyB wrote: »
    Getting round ligament pain again so bump must be going through a growth spurt :)
    Javagal I've never asked a gp about strepsils while pregnant. But I have read to avoid as they are medicated "can't be sure though" maybe try non medicated lozenges.

DollyB omg round ligament pains!!!! I got them starting 16 weeks last pregnancy and by the end of it I couldn't walk for 5 minutes without being in extreme pain! I'm 16 weeks again now and fine so far, probably because I still have a mum tum from last time :D

• Advertisement

:) Scan today. Can't wait to see bubs.

there's 25% off in Dorothy Perkins and they have some nice Maternity clothes if anyone is looking.

Has anyone thought about names yet? I know it's super early..
    When I was pregnant on zoe, we said we'd call her eli if she had been a boy, now every second pregnancy thread I've read, everyone says eli so it's tainted for me now!
    I'm all about old fashioned names this time around, something that isn't going to be "popular"

Has anyone thought about names yet? I know it's super early..
    When I was pregnant on zoe, we said we'd call her eli if she had been a boy, now every second pregnancy thread I've read, everyone says eli so it's tainted for me now!
    I'm all about old fashioned names this time around, something that isn't going to be "popular"

My children have Irish names and go to Gael scoil so I'll have to keep with the theme lol my names keep changing but at the moment I'm conn/conleth for a boy and doireann or fiadh for a girl. I'll change again I'm sure lol

My children have Irish names and go to Gael scoil so I'll have to keep with the theme lol my names keep changing but at the moment I'm conn/conleth for a boy and doireann or fiadh for a girl. I'll change again I'm sure lol

My hubby is conor, didn't realise variations of con were so popular till now when I think I'm having a boy!
    I'm currently on arthur/Walt for a boy
    Edith/violet for a girl

We're feckers for shortening names so I don't want Walt to turn into wally.. poor child would be destined to where's wally jokes for his entire life!

17 weeks today. I'm falling apart! My insomnia is getting worse to the point I can barely make it through the day at work. Plus my one year old always wakes at 7am no matter what time you put her to bed, so this is now 6am thanks to daylight savings. It's some sort of cruel joke! I'm seriously considering medication as I don't think being in a state of permanent exhaustion is good for me or baby. I don't know what else to do :(

17 weeks today. I'm falling apart! My insomnia is getting worse to the point I can barely make it through the day at work. Plus my one year old always wakes at 7am no matter what time you put her to bed, so this is now 6am thanks to daylight savings. It's some sort of cruel joke! I'm seriously considering medication as I don't think being in a state of permanent exhaustion is good for me or baby. I don't know what else to do :(

Can you get signed off work for a few days?

If it helps I'm right there with you! I'm so miserable at the moment and am having trouble in work with absenteeism because of all the vomitting! At the end of my rope here trying to strike a balance! I know pregnancy is supposed to be a happy time so I'm glad I'm not alone . thanks for sharing and I hope you find a solution to your sleep problem soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

Hi, I'm due 1st March and had my anomoly scan booked for Oct 5 and I was 18 weeks, they did a scan on that date but said I was too early for the anomoly scan that the baby was too small so had to rebook!

I had booked my scan based on my period dates but they were now going by my dating scan. The lady said my scan should have been rescheduled after my dating scan.

I didn't mind, means I get an extra scan, I'm just letting u know in case they say the same thing to you on the day, I'm also in Holles Street!

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I'll be 16 weeks, they normally do them around 12 / 14 weeks in Mullingar. so it's next Thursday. I CAN NOT WAIT. :)

Hope everyone is well.

Did you have your scan yet? Could they tell you what gender?

So exciting we're here already, 17+1 today, going for my gender scan next Sunday!

• Advertisement

No they couldn't tell, and they don't do anomaly scans in Mullingar, so I will book a 3d scan, after 20 weeks and they should be able to tell the gender then.

How are you feeling?

My post below is wrong, I was 14 weeks at the scan and it was to early to tell, getting all confused on weeks this time round...although the scan did put me 4 days ahead of my dates but I was 11 days over the last time so who knows.

Advertisement