Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due April 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Mac0783 wrote: »
    No they couldn't tell, and they don't do anomaly scans in Mullingar, so I will book a 3d scan, after 20 weeks and they should be able to tell the gender then.

How are you feeling?

My post below is wrong, I was 14 weeks at the scan and it was to early to tell, getting all confused on weeks this time round...although the scan did put me 4 days ahead of my dates but I was 11 days over the last time so who knows.

Finding it hard to keep track of my weeks actually too, thought I was a week ahead but my app reminds me!
    I'm feeling good, hubby has finally realised that I need a lot of extra sleep now and has been getting up with the toddler at the weekends(on the condition i make a fry lol!)

Bump has very much popped out this week. Picking out some maternity bits, i seem to of kept very little.

How are you feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

great thankfully, had nausea and a little light headedness for the first couple of months but that has passed now. Still could sleep for Ireland, I feel massive this time. Going to get my maternity stuff out this weekend, but I definitely will need more this time as I need it so early.

I've had, lightening pains a bit, which I don't recall the last time. every so often sharp sudden dart of pain in my belly / pelvic area. very odd, and from what I can see on google, it's very early to be getting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've been internet less for a over a week so having a great old time catching up on everyone's progress :) I'm 16wks now and had my first consultant appt today. All looking good still for mid April. My bump has popped a bit but is disguised in the HUGE food belly I've been growing for the last 10 weeks :( took out all my maternity clothes last week but they're huge on me still. Kind of in no mans land clothes-wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

javagal wrote: »
    Can you get signed off work for a few days?

Thanks javagal, would you believe I took a couple of days off before the long weekend and immediately got sick!!! It's like the second I slow down my body goes great, now I have time to be I'll. Just about recovered now apart from lungs still being quite sticky.

On the plus side I slept a bit better the last couple of nights. My fatigue improved around 18 weeks last time so hoping that will happen with the insomnia this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

Hope everyone is well, I'm finally back to normal (kinda) enjoyed catching up on everyone's news.
    I'm 17+1 starting to feel little movements, almost like little bubbles popping in my tummy. Anyone else feeling anything?
    We told our 3 year old that he's getting a brother or sister yesterday and he was delighted (thank god) was feeling guilty for some reason that his whole little life is going to change...obviously for the better but he has no idea what's coming.
    I don't have my big scan till December 7th in Holles St. It's ages away

• Advertisement

Karkar, I feel the same guilt.
    I'm only getting used to the idea now that i won't have this one on one relationship with my daughter. Also feel guilt towards the baby that I'll feel like the 3 year old is my favourite!
    But I'm guessing this will all level out when baby comes!!

Furbaby, you've had a bad time of it lately! Fingers crossed your insomnia is on the way out.

I'm feeling good now to be honest, got my energy back, a little short tempered maybe but that's about it.
    Finding out gender on Sunday and gonna let my daughter the first baby outfit..

Lying here in bed feeling lots of little kicks.
    In that one moment, when your baby moves, you instantly feel like you know this little person ❤

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

Feeling tons of kicks today too :)
    I have had very mild SPD considering with last two pregnancy's I had it by 10 weeks but it's reared its ugly head and it's back with a vengeance :/ all worth it in the end just don't want to end up on crutches! Anyone else suffer from it? If so any tips?
    Hope everyone's doing well

Finding out what our baby is tomorrow eeek!!!

Finding out what our baby is tomorrow eeek!!!

You've a scan on a Sunday? I can't decide whether to find out or not...... Don't know why I'm finding it such a difficult decision!

• Advertisement

yellow hen wrote: »
    You've a scan on a Sunday? I can't decide whether to find out or not...... Don't know why I'm finding it such a difficult decision!

Yeah its a private clinic in blackrock, they do it 7 days..
    I like to find out, I especially want to this time as, if I'm being honest, I'm Finding it hard to feel as attached as I did last time and I think it helps!

Yeah its a private clinic in blackrock, they do it 7 days..
    I like to find out, I especially want to this time as, if I'm being honest, I'm Finding it hard to feel as attached as I did last time and I think it helps!

This sounds silly but I fear becoming even more attached and I'm terrified that if something happened I'd have this little boy/girls whole persona defined. I don't actually know how to articulate clearly what I mean by that.
    On a different note, I'm 17 weeks this tue and I think I felt my first flutters last night :)

Our baby boy!

Movement was confirmed in scan! Any time he moved i felt it!he moves anywhere from my pubic bone to my belly button

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Aww congratulations on your gorgeous little boy javagal, how exciting! :D

Aw what a lovely picture javagal. Had you a sense that it was a boy before they told you?

yellow hen wrote: »
    Aw what a lovely picture javagal. Had you a sense that it was a boy before they told you?

Nope!! Hubby did, I thought another girl, thought a boy last time! Goes to show!

Another one of him cause he's a cutie! exact same nose as his sister at the same time!

She said he's wearing cord as a necklace, that's not a big deal at this stage is it?

Is anyone having crazy dreams? I'm not sleeping properly at all with them, really mad, vivid dreams. Don't remember this happening at all the last time. :mad:

Mac0783 wrote: »
    Is anyone having crazy dreams? I'm not sleeping properly at all with them, really mad, vivid dreams. Don't remember this happening at all the last time. :mad:

Yeah had the mad dreams last time, this time they're mostly about attractive men lol!!
    But still having crap sleeps. Up about 4 Times at night for the toilet and then I find a lot of pressure coming on my bump and hips now, time to find my wedge pillow.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 KarKar10

Awww how exciting Javagal, such a clear photo of him.

Boys are brilliant, saying that I have a feeling I might be having a girl this time but I'd be happy either way. We've decided not to find out the gender although I'm starting to think it would be easier preparation wise. Don't think I'll be as energetic after this baby and swanning around Dundrum at my leisure buying pink or blue with a 3 year old dragging out of me.

I'm in Holles St next week for a colposcopy....had an abnormal smear right before I got pregnant. Dreading it but a nurse assured me that it's not going to harm the baby at all, hopefully I might even get a scan after to have a sneak peak at the baba.

Starting to suffer with sciatica down my left leg, the pain is something else. Had it on my first pregnancy too but somehow blocked it from my memory. May root out my dream genie pregnancy pillow....even though it takes up half the bed! Time to invest in a king size bed in the near future

• Advertisement

KarKar10 wrote: »

Boys are brilliant, saying that I have a feeling I might be having a girl this time but I'd be happy either way. We've decided not to find out the gender although I'm starting to think it would be easier preparation wise. Don't think I'll be as energetic after this baby and swanning around Dundrum at my leisure buying pink or blue with a 3 year old dragging out of me.

I'm in Holles St next week for a colposcopy....had an abnormal smear right before I got pregnant. Dreading it but a nurse assured me that it's not going to harm the baby at all, hopefully I might even get a scan after to have a sneak peak at the baba.

Starting to suffer with sciatica down my left leg, the pain is something else. Had it on my first pregnancy too but somehow blocked it from my memory. May root out my dream genie pregnancy pillow....even though it takes up half the bed! Time to invest in a king size bed in the near future

We have a super king size and It's not big enough for all my pillows!
    Hubby felt his first outside kick tonight, he's delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jene

Really enjoying reading how everyone is getting on.17 weeks+2 today :) I had a doctor app yesterday and got to hear the babys heartbeat which was great.
    Ive pelvic girdle pain and its getting a bit painfull if i have to walk too far. got a referral to a physio hopefully that will help.
    Also a more embarrassing and weird symptom my mouth is producing too much saliva and sometimes when i talk i squirt a little water gun from under my tongue. (Apologies to the cashier in Easons who i accidently sprayed) Cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Hey all you April mammies, first timer here looking for some advice :) I'm 20+2 weeks today and have my abnormality scan in the Rotunda on Wednesday, I have a couple of questions for anyone who's been through this before:
    Is it first come first serve basis for the scan? My appointment card says 2pm but am I better to head in a bit early to get a good number?

How long does the whole thing take? I am soooo nervous about it (absolutely no reason to be, everything has been going great so far but I'm a worrier!), do you get to spend much time just checking baby out or is it just purely for the various health checks to be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭DollyB

javagal those pictures are so cute :)
    I had my anomaly scan yesterday and delighted to say everything with baby is looking perfect. My placenta is a little on the low side but not worried as I'm not even 20 weeks until tomorrow.
    Head consultant has told me shes happy to have me scanned every 4 weeks not that I'm high risk but just because they had me with my little girl who was stillborn in march and she said it would be a weight off my mind. Oh and its a boy!!!! :)

TheIronyMaiden I'm not in Rotunda but if it's anything like UCHG public or private they take first come first serve in the scan clinics. Hopefully one of the others can be more help. Every anomaly I have had and they checked baby head to toe along with your own womb and placenta. There are lots of medical checks but I did get lots of time to look at baby too and plenty of scan pictures.

Hi Dolly, delighted it all went so well for you. It's so lovely to see them isn't it, so reassuring. I had a GP check up yesterday and heard the heartbeat with the Doppler and it's so lovely. Have my anomaly scan in December, it's a private 3d one, cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

KarKar10 wrote: »

Hi,

I was in Holles Street last week for Colposcopy! It's in the cervical smear centre just inside the door so unfortunately it doesn't have anything to do with maternity side of things so no sneaky scan :(

I've been going to the clinic for over 3 years now, nothing major just check ups all the time but not treatment just biopsies!

Anyway it's just a camera, they don't do any treatment while you're pregnant, I don't have to go back again until after the baby is born but they may want to just keep an eye on you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 louser1

Hey all you April mammies, first timer here looking for some advice :) I'm 20+2 weeks today and have my abnormality scan in the Rotunda on Wednesday, I have a couple of questions for anyone who's been through this before:
    Is it first come first serve basis for the scan? My appointment card says 2pm but am I better to head in a bit early to get a good number?

How long does the whole thing take? I am soooo nervous about it (absolutely no reason to be, everything has been going great so far but I'm a worrier!), do you get to spend much time just checking baby out or is it just purely for the various health checks to be done?

Hi, I had two anomoly scans in Holles Street, for the first one they had mixed up my dates so I was only just 18 weeks and baby wasn't big enough to check everything so had to go back few weeks later (which I obv didn't mind) but on both occasions I turned up at my appointment time and only waited 5-10 mins!

We had loads of time to check out the baby and were shown hands, feet, he was trying to get his hand into his mouth but kept missing (so cute), we saw his mouth move, he was grabbing his feet it really was amazing. We even saw his little face and got 6 pictures. :) the scan lasted about 15-20 mins so loads of time to look at baby.

It would seem the anomoly scan apt in Holles Street are not like the clinic where it's a first come first serve basis so maybe the Rotunda is the same, I'd give them a call to check

Congrats on your little man dolly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anyone here get 20 week scan in olol? Iv mine next week and I'm hoping to find out gender some people saying they wouldn't tell others saying depends on who is doing it at the time! I really want to know but can't really afford to book private scan somwere else with Christmas so close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Hi Everyone,

Just a update.

My wife is now 19 + 2 as of today, her bump is getting fairly big!!

She had a midwife meeting recently and based on measurements she thinks she's about two more weeks ahead (this is something we were thinking ourselves).

All good so far though.

Advertisement