Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dd wrt won't let my wireless printer be found?

• 07-08-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've spent hours trying to fix this and sm baffled. I have ddwrt running as a bridged router and it assigns my wireless printer an IP and the printer states everything is OK. Hiwever I can't find it when I went to print. Thought it was the printer after multiple setups including USB until I moved it and it prints fine from my primary router. It was working before? I have changed channel recently but that's it.

What am I missing? Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Grawns wrote: »
    Hi
    I've spent hours trying to fix this and sm baffled. I have ddwrt running as a bridged router and it assigns my wireless printer an IP and the printer states everything is OK. Hiwever I can't find it when I went to print. Thought it was the printer after multiple setups including USB until I moved it and it prints fine from my primary router. It was working before? I have changed channel recently but that's it.

What am I missing? Help!

Bridged router? Please explain how you have this configured, if you bridge you do not route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Bridged router? Please explain how you have this configured, if you bridge you do not route

It's a router (assigns IP addresses through dhcp) and it wirelessly Bridged ( no physical connection not an AP) to my primary router which in turn is wired to my upc modem. Maybe it's a repeater?

It's a router (assigns IP addresses through dhcp) and it wirelessly Bridged ( no physical connection not an AP) to my primary router which in turn is wired to my upc modem. Maybe it's a repeater?

If it's a wireless bridge it shouldn't be assigning ip addresses. You only want one DHCP server, your primary router will most likely already be doing it causing conflicts

If it's a wireless bridge it shouldn't be assigning ip addresses. You only want one DHCP server, your primary router will most likely already be doing it causing conflicts

It's a repeater bridge, it's supposed to assign ips, they're not on the same network

It's a repeater bridge, it's supposed to assign ips, they're not on the same network

How do you expect your devices to see the printer if it's in another subnet? Why do you want two subnets?

• Advertisement

How do you expect your devices to see the printer if it's in another subnet? Why do you want two subnets?

OK thanks

Advertisement