Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting trees as co-owner

Options
  • 07-08-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm looking for advice here regarding what I can and can not do in my garden. I'm a tenant in common, co owner but the other co- owner lives elsewhere. What can I do without asking express permission for every fruit tree I wish to plant? What is the law in this matter? We've already agreed the property is to be mine when I can buy him out. Until then can I do anything? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are legal issues there that i suspect are issues you're not going to get answers to on the gardening forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

^^^what magicbastarder said. But why would you have to contact him every time? Can you not ask for a general permission to tend/plant the area? Its not as though you are building on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

as a co-owner, would it not be sensible to avoid any potential dispute by consulting and reaching agreement on any changes in advance with the other co-owner.

How would you feel if the other owner removed any plants without consulting you?

Shared ownership = shared responsibilities etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fiddlerwill

Well removing plants is something rather different to planting them isnt it! If i could contact him i would do.cheers

Advertisement