Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Here's something that's probably already known on this thread, but is still pretty remarkable: Jay never managed a 40 all series. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D:D

That said, he was never in the dance-off either - unlike everyone else. :D:D;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Delighted.

The others lacked any charisma

Georgina can go back to faking it
    Helen can waddle off and the other wan...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Georgina can go back to faking it
    Helen can waddle off and the other wan...

Whats wrong with Georgia?

Glad Jay won mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭PressRun

Delighted.

The others lacked any charisma

As opposed to Jay's bubbly personality? I mean, he's a nice guy, I'm sure, but he wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Jay was the most consistent dancer throughout the competition so deserve red to win. Kellie and Georgia out preformed him tonight though. I didn't have a favourite this year so was happy for any of the final three to win.

Still don't like Aliona. I feel sorry for Kevin, three finals in a row but never a winner. :(

Overall a good series, high standard of celeb dancers. Looking forward to next year. Hope Natalie gets a good partner next year she is my favourite dancer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Delighted for Jay and Aliona even though Kellie and Kevin were much better tonight. Now I'm off to YouTube to re watch his jive:)

My father says: "They look like they're embarrassed to have won." :pac:

He was definitely the most consistent, though both Kellie and Georgia outshone him tonight. I would imagine most viewers had their favourites by tonight anyway, and Jay seems to have had quite a big fanbase going into the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Hope Natalie gets a good partner next year she is my favourite dancer. :)[/QUOTE]

Natalie did look amazing this year.

PressRun wrote: »
    As opposed to Jay's bubbly personality? I mean, he's a nice guy, I'm sure, but he wasn't exactly a barrel of laughs either.

Jay seemed the most sincere and definitely the most likeable

Georgina thought she was on X factor with all her emotional cr@p

Kellie damp squib

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I loved jay throught the series but I really thought Kelly and Kevin had it tonight they were fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Most underwhelming winners announcement ever.

Definitely agree on Jay's sincerity. He came across as very natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Did anyone notice the sour faces on Karen and Joanne Clifton when the winners were announced? They did not look happy. I'm glad jay won even though he was out danced by the girls tonight. Overall I think he was the most impressive of the three throughout the series.

tinyk68 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the sour faces on Karen and Joanne Clifton when the winners were announced? They did not look happy. I'm glad jay won even though he was out danced by the girls tonight. Overall I think he was the most impressive of the three throughout the series.

I didn't see it all. I never warned to Karen. She's always pouting about something. Surely the two realise it's for fun.

Jay seemed the most sincere and definitely the most likeable

Sure. None of that makes him "charismatic" though. Just a nice guy.

I think the result wouldn't have seemed such a surprise if he'd done the Pulp Fiction jive and reminded everyone of just how good that was. It was the best dance of the series from any contestant, and had the right amount of energy and spark to compete with the high-octane stuff the two girls were producing. I can't quite believe they didn't do it for the final. Didn't really matter in the end anyway! :pac:

I think the result wouldn't have seemed such a surprise if he'd done the Pulp Fiction jive and reminded everyone of just how good that was. It was the best dance of the series from any contestant, and had the right amount of energy and spark to compete with the high-octane stuff the two girls were producing. I can't quite believe they didn't do it for the final. Didn't really matter in the end anyway! :pac:

Maybe they weren't allowed...

This show is more rigged than the Galway hooker!

What makes charisma for you???

Sincere friendly and likeable - he ticks all the boxes

Kelley is a wet fish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

He had the best dance EVER. That's why he won, and why he deserves to win.

What makes charisma for you???

Sincere friendly and likeable - he ticks all the boxes

Kelley is a wet fish

I'm not going to get into a debate about what constitutes charisma suffice to say I don't think he has any. It's about a bit more than just being a nice guy. Plenty of people are nice, not everyone is charismatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I can't believe it. The show is a disgrace. Someone who gets near perfect marks doesn't win because the young girls all vote yer man to win? It's just like when Louis Smith won. Wasn't deserved either, but young girls were voting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Quite the anti climax when the winner was announced I think, everyone seemed shocked or something! I really wanted georgia and giovanni to win as I just loved watching them dance but fair play to Jay, he seems a nice humble guy.

Great show this year! Can't believe it's all over!

I'm not going to get into a debate about what constitutes charisma suffice to say I don't think he has any. It's about a bit more than just being a nice guy. Plenty of people are nice, not everyone is charismatic.

Don't - I still think you're completely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Funny how Paddy Power had Jay as the runaway favourite for a few weeks. He was as low as 3/1 on, even after Kellie got the double maximum. I dunno. I think there was some kind of a fix there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Why is there cries of 'fix' every time someone who someone likes gets knocked out! Jay has been favourite because he's been very popular with the public since day one. Read the comments on the Daily Mail or digital spy and you'll see how popular he is. For some reason Kellie wasn't that popular with people. Doesn't mean it's a fix. When it's the public voting, it isn't always 100% fair.

I have to agree with PressRun, I think Jay has zero charisma. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he just doesn't seem to have much personality and I think that's what was missing from his dancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Can't believe it's all over! I couldn't relax and enjoy it until Katie and Anton were gone.

Kellie was the champion in my eyes...the only proper show dance, great partnership and such energy. I thought I would be happy no matter who of the final three got it but J&A's win was such an anti-climax. The show kind of faded rather than going out with a bang which is a shame.

It would have meant more to Georgia or Kellie. That's the public vote for you. What can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

If I could vote, I would never have voted for Kelly.
    It would have been Jay or Georgia all the way.

No matter what you think of the winners, you have to admit it was a great final. The last 3 were brilliant and worthy finalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I must admit to being underwhelmed at Jay winning although not surprised. Jay was popular with the judges and the public bought into his little boy image. Other professional dancers said on more than one occasion he frequently made mistakes on the basics but because the ovwrall dance was ok he got away with it.

I would have preferred Georgia or Kellie to win.Georgia had more progression in her dancing than either of the other 2 and Kellie was better in all 3 dances on the night. Jay was good but personally I prefer to see them improving and learning throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

No intentions of being sexist here - but isn't it funny how the first four to be eliminated were all men, and yet a man won... :o:o:o:D;)

Advertisement