Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this an ok first build?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's blank mate

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

user the permalink to share it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭treeminder

Yeah it's a sound build, I'd upgrade GPU to a 280x and add an SSD if budget permits, but nothing wrong with that as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Yeah that's decent build, I'm guessing you want a small factor build that can run most games on Medium settings.
    I'd get an SSD instead of the TB HDD, and replace that 280 with a 380 which are essentially the same but the 380 is a newer model that uses less power.

edit: or what digital said, get a 280x

• Advertisement

Or a 380x ;) 380 is a good suggestion, maybe gun for that

Keep the HDD, 1tb HDD is the same price as a 120gb SSD, 120gb won't last pissing time on its own

is the 280x worth around €80 difference? i can get the 280 for 160 plus shipping. i cant find the 280x any cheaper than €270 anywhere. is the motherboard ok? its cheap :)

i use https://www.curiua.com/ to compare european amazon prices. france and spain seem the cheapest. german one doesnt ship to ireland as much

i defiantly need 1 tb. the latest games are require huge storage

You can get a second hand 280X for about that money, I sold mine for €150 today. A H87 or H97 board would probably be better but H81 is grand.

• Advertisement

im worried about buying a used gpu, if it malfunctioned would i be covered in with the warranty?

Advertisement