Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Didn't get my choice module science 2nd year

• 07-08-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Not exactly sure how this thing works but there's nothing online to give me hope :(
    We got our choices for science back like, three weeks ago and I didn't get my first choice, which was Zoology. The head of science is out till the end of August but I'm literally walking up the walls with nerves. Does anybody know if that's it now, I'm definely not getting into it? It's literally the only reason I'm in science, the only thing I want to do but I've been told I can't even repeat first year if I've passed, which is ridiculous. Is there a high drop out rate for the subject maybe? Anybody have any advice at all pleaasseeeee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

It isn't ridiculous that you cant repeat first year having passed all first time round. Its the same with any year. First year doesn't count towards degree but that rule is to stop people repeating years to try get better grades for their degree even if they've passed
    Contact Science department. See if you can go on a waiting list....
    You never know about getting a place. I wouldn't say you definitely wont get into it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Zoo has a low amount of people wanting to do it usually. It's not the most in demand subject, but maybe the class size is smaller too.. Not sure why you didn't get in but there are always people moving about at the start of second year so keep your fingers crossed. It's important to go into the college of science offices to talk to them about it, they will help you out. It's first come first serve for people looking to change what subjects they have so get in at your first chance, since it means a lot to you. If someone then changes out of zoo you will be top of the list to take their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Half Rhodesian

You never know what will happen. I got zoo but now I'm regretting not taking micro so I might change if I can.
    Was told there's more opportunities with micro career wise and nothing with zoo, so that's what's had me doing a rethink.
    I'd imagine there will be choping and changing come September too.
    Mostly everyone in first science seemed to be going for zoo so maybe that's what happened.
    Still can't believe I got it, must have got some grade on sem 2 exam is all I know.

Keep the faith

Advertisement