Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Cork: Possible to purchase home and BTL property like this?

Options
  • 07-08-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, i am new to this site.
    Single, permanent job. mortgage approved in the past, but elapsed. My problem is this, I have a steady job and want to buy a house. Presently renting. I have savings 55,000 euros (bank) and 50,000 cash. I want to buy a 2 bed apartment btl in cash (50,000) which is on the market now, and with the 55,000 euro in the bank, I wish to apply for a mortgage to buy the home I wish to live in.
    1. Will I be classified as a first time buyer by the bank, even though I bought with cash?
    2. Should I put all the money into my permanent home?
    3. What effect will it have on me tax wise?

The rental value is around 650 euro P/M. West Cork.

Please feel free to ask me questions as that will help me explain further.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod Note: Welcome Mr. Bee. Please use meaningful thread titles and note that text speak is not permitted on this forum. I have edited your OP to take these into account. The forum charter can be found on the front page of Accommodation & Property if you have queries about the rules on this forum.

Thanks

Advertisement