Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General PL Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

That_Guy wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's the weakest area of the squad and has been for years now. Fans have been crying out for reinforcements to the back line and we have not improved it whatsoever hence why Aarons (a young inexperienced winger) is slotted in at LB.

But of course, goals are our biggest problem as the club would have you believe. :rolleyes:

I notice Mbemba wasn't playing tonight, he's looked decent enough in the couple of games I've seen him. I presume he was injured or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Corholio wrote: »
    I notice Mbemba wasn't playing tonight, he's looked decent enough in the couple of games I've seen him. I presume he was injured or something?

Yeah, he's been injured for a while hence the return of Steven Taylor. Dummett/Haidara also out hence why Aarons has had to cover but even still, the former two players I've mentioned aren't exactly a huge step up in quality either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Premier League Ladder (9 points cover 10 sides from Man Utd to WBA)

Leicester 53
    -
    Tottenham 51 Arsenal 51
    -
    -
    -
    Manchester City 47
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Manchester United 41
    Southampton 40 West Ham 40
    -
    Liverpool 38
    -
    Watford 36 Stoke City 36
    Everton 35
    -
    Chelsea 33
    Crystal Palace 32 West Brom 32
    -
    -
    -
    Bournemouth 28
    Swansea 27
    -
    -
    Norwich 24 Newcastle Utd 24
    Sunderland 23
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Aston Villa 16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mad when you consider Palace and West Brom are on poor runs but as near 6th as relegation.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Enjoyed the Spurs match v city today - well, more so once the peno was given the game came alight and was a really good watch. city were second best all over the park and Spurs did what they've been doing all season and thats out fighting teams. They are a real good outfit. but once they scored it was interesting to see Citys reaction. there was only 1 winner up until the Peno and that was Spurs - next thing City were playing like their lives depended on it. Been a long time since i seen them play with such determination and they are damn good in full flow. Was unreal to see them score, totally dominate and then get hit with sucker punch.

That experience will help Spurs i am sure, some of their players went missing when they were under pressure but to come through it was a massive testament to them and their manager. City on the other hand if they can keep that last 30 mins going they cannot be discounted - that said they'll probably go back to frustration next week.

Thought also that Spurs were very weak down their right side, with Walker exposed a few times as a really poor defender, great going forward though. Clichy and Kolarov both had the beating of him.

People keep saying that Pep will finally have a test on his hands cos City are not at same level as Bayern/Barca which although true they showed they are frightening when in the mood and they should have no worries in the league - CL is a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Enjoyed the Spurs match v city today - well, more so once the peno was given the game came alight and was a really good watch. city were second best all over the park and Spurs did what they've been doing all season and thats out fighting teams. They are a real good outfit. but once they scored it was interesting to see Citys reaction. there was only 1 winner up until the Peno and that was Spurs - next thing City were playing like their lives depended on it. Been a long time since i seen them play with such determination and they are damn good in full flow. Was unreal to see them score, totally dominate and then get hit with sucker punch.

That experience will help Spurs i am sure, some of their players went missing when they were under pressure but to come through it was a massive testament to them and their manager. City on the other hand if they can keep that last 30 mins going they cannot be discounted - that said they'll probably go back to frustration next week.

Thought also that Spurs were very weak down their right side, with Walker exposed a few times as a really poor defender, great going forward though. Clichy and Kolarov both had the beating of him.

People keep saying that Pep will finally have a test on his hands cos City are not at same level as Bayern/Barca which although true they showed they are frightening when in the mood and they should have no worries in the league - CL is a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Walker is a below average footballer. He has pace and that's it. Can't hit a cross, zero positional sense, sloppy passes and so on.

The only reason he was playing to stop Sterling because Tripper is not a very good defender (less pace).

City players started to show some fight because of Rose's dickish move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Come on leicester, doubt it will be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

A Homer Simpson style celebration from Michail Antonio after his goal today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I remember a lot of Liverpool fans here turning their noses up at Ryan Bertrand. He has been a solid signing for Southampton, I would say most would swap for Moreno in the morning at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

"And that is why this is the greatest league in the world..."

42' Leicester City
    0 - 0
    Norwich City
    flash.gif 42'
    Southampton
    0 - 0
    Chelsea

flash.gif 41'
    Stoke City
    0 - 0
    Aston Villa

flash.gif 41'
    Watford
    0 - 0
    AFC Bournemouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lovely finish from Long, 1-0 Saints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Some finish by long.

sabat wrote: »
    "And that is why this is the greatest league in the world..."

42' Leicester City
    0 - 0
    Norwich City
    flash.gif 42'
    Southampton
    0 - 0
    Chelsea

flash.gif 41'
    Stoke City
    0 - 0
    Aston Villa

flash.gif 41'
    Watford
    0 - 0
    AFC Bournemouth

I'll take it over la liga any day of the week.

Come on leicester, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Get the **** in Leicester :)

YA BEAUTY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

GreNoLi wrote: »
    I'll take it over la liga any day of the week.
    Agreed. In terms of technique, it may well not be the best league in the world (Spain, Germany and Italy could all argue their cases over that), but for entertainment , I would enjoy the PL (mistakes and all) over any of the other main leagues.

• Spurs down 1-0

It's Leicesters Year

• I repeat It's Leicesters Year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

2-1 to Spurs.

They have a great chance now.

I wouldn't even bother with the Europa League now if I was in charge of them.

They have a chance against Dortmund but there is no point in them wasting energy in the Europa League.

• 2-1 to Spurs.

They have a great chance now.

I wouldn't even bother with the Europa League now if I was in charge of them.

They have a chance against Dortmund but there is no point in them wasting energy in the Europa League.

I honestly wouldn't mind Spurs winning it either but the Roy of the Rovers of 2015/2016 deserve it IMO

Come on leicester.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Going to watch Leicester & hope they win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pity the Leicester game is not on TV this evening.. im rooting for them big time now... actually a couple of those other fixtures are potentially more attractive on paper anyway then Bournmouth Vs Southampton which is the live game..

Strumms wrote: »
    Pity the Leicester game is not on TV this evening.. im rooting for them big time now... actually a couple of those other fixtures are potentially more attractive on paper anyway then Bournmouth Vs Southampton which is the live game..

Premier League Pass New Zealand would be worth a look mate. Every game live.

Chelsea 1 up already

*Kenedy 1'

Everton 1 up

*Funes Mori 5'

Carp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Early WBA goal should make this match all the more enjoyable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Now we'll see what Leicester are made of.

West Brom score after a brilliant ball from Fletcher to Rondon who put it through Schmeichel's legs.

11' 0-1

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

C'mon Leicester, believe.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Vardy with a great chance to head is side level. Straight at the keeper though.

Pressure on West Brom is building

Have a drink of water lads.

• Advertisement

Get in Leicester.

Everton 2-0 { Aaron Lennon 30'

I can't remember the last time I rooted for a PL team like this for non-fantasy football reasons :pac:

Deflected goal for Leicester but well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

1-0 to the Cherries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sunderland 1-0 up

Vardy plants a header off the crossbar!!

So unlucky

1-1

Mahrez u genius, 2-1 baby.

Chelsea 2-0

Get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Strange one there Mike Dean holding up the Bournemouth and Southampton game just before half time

Apparently something happened the fourth official

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Mahrez u genius, 2-1 baby.

An amazing touch - wonderful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sunderland 1-0 up

Bollocks.

Great comeback by Leicester. Hope they keep this up. Need to take all 3 points in the home matches anyway.

Puts pressure on Spurs going into a tricky game tomorrow if Leicester can take 3 points.

• Advertisement
Advertisement