Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General PL Matchday Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DrumSteve wrote: »
    You can't abandon your team, even one in villa's situation. A real pity what's happened to them, they are a great club.

couldn't agree more, that said if Newcastle can't beat this Villa side while Sunderland defeat Chelsea maybe The Magpies deserve to go down with Villa.

As things stand things look very good for Sunderland esp considering the game in hand they have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

couldn't agree more, that said if Newcastle can't beat this Villa side while Sunderland defeat Chelsea maybe The Magpies deserve to go down with Villa.

As things stand things look very good for Sunderland esp considering the game in hand they have

They are making awful hard work of it; this villa side are there for the taking. Mitrovic should have buried that header too.

Both teams look like they are already on holidays tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ritchie equalises for Bournemouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If Newcastle don't win they're fecked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    You can't abandon your team, even one in villa's situation. A real pity what's happened to them, they are a great club.

This isnt a bad game of ball between them and Newcastle.. Not a whole lot of urgency to Newcastle at the moment though.

As part of a protest though, even just so they don't directly get your money. Can still follow them and want them to win of course.

Unreal comeback by Sunderland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Terry off.

0-0 Villa v Newcastle.

1-4 West Ham v Swansea.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Terry off.

Just in time to get his Leicester kit on and a chopper down to the game:p

Fair play to sunderland.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Anyone with a spare defibrillator wanna pop round to PaullyD's house?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Drawing with Villa when they don't even have any semblance of dignity to play for is not worthy of being in the Barclays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Its the PaullyD reverse jinx, works every season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ashley has ruined that club. How McClaren stayed in the job for so long is mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Arsenal coming in the top 4 and Sunderland always putting a late run together to come 17th are the only two certainties in this league every year.

2-0 Leicester.

• zerks wrote: »
    2-0 Leicester.

It's on in the pub. Martinez is a joke at this stage. Leicester smaking them around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Vardy being as classy as ever.

Haha,karma for Vardy the little twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Everton are abysmal, and that's flattering them. 3 down to a team thats more than likely been on the piss all week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

retalivity wrote: »
    Everton are abysmal, and that's flattering them. 3 down to a team thats more than likely been on the piss all week.

Did anyone else notice Niasse stand by the touchline waiting to be subbed as if he didn't want to be out there. He ran out of patience & sat on the bench before Mirallas came on

• Bret Hart wrote: »
    Haha,karma for Vardy the little twat.

To be fair lad, I doubt he gives a ****e!!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To be fair lad, I doubt he gives a ****e!!

Chance too draw level with Kane and head too the Euros,potentially as a golden booth winner of a Leicester side whose achieved history,I'd be disappointed if that was how he felt.

• Bret Hart wrote: »
    Chance too draw level with Kane and head too the Euros,potentially as a golden booth winner of a Leicester side whose achieved history,I'd be disappointed if that was how he felt.

Didn't realise! I was just referring to the PL title
    Fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well that was embarrassing for the Southampton goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

RobertKK wrote: »
    Well that was embarrassing for the Southampton goalkeeper.

If he had dived with his arms outstretched he would have easily gotten the ball before Son I reckon. Instead he hesitated and slid in with his feet. Poor goalkeeping.

• Advertisement

The goalkeepers are already on holidays in this match with Lloris letting in a goal he should have saved.

Oh spurs, what are you playing at, coming third or fourth would be a horrible result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

A win for Arsenal would put them level on points with Tottenham (behind on GD) with Villa to play on the last day. Would be mad after the season they have had if Spurs finished behind their London rivals.

It could also mean that Man Utd might get 4th place. Guardiola might miss out on CL football when he joins City and maybe Mourhinho wouldn't be signed as Van Gaal stays on thanks to getting 4th

should be a very interesting match for all concerned

Hey Jude playing before the start of the game.

St Jude, the patron saint for hopeless cases.

City have started well.

Look lively today.

• Advertisement

So poor by Elneny

Great strike Aguero, city started like they should have in midweek.

Giroud, thank you for finding your scoring boots.

Giroud has scored, anything could happen here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Cracking game

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Would like to see sunderland complete the job tonight, they deserve to stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Would like to see sunderland complete the job tonight, they deserve to stay up.

I'd say they deserve to go down for never learning their lesson from previous seasons. But anyway they should be safe. Alex Neill has actually done a great job to get 31 points because on paper the Norwich side is woeful. Surprised he left Brady out and has been substituting him regularly considering their lack of ability. They're 1-0 down already.

Defoe to become a hero for another club

Everton are under the illusion that they have Valdez, Pique and Mascherano at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

No intensity about Everton today while Sunderland are the complete opposite. Won't end well for Everton.

• Advertisement

Lukaku has been poor since his salvo against chelsea in the fa cup, I prefer Kane as a player.

Lukaku has been poor since his salvo against chelsea in the fa cup, I prefer Kane as a player.

The service hasn't been great for him either to be fair. Even in this game for example they just lump it up to Lukaku and hope for the best.

Scenes at the stadium of light. Woeful defending from Everton as usual. Some strike by Kone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Just see Newcastle and Norwich both have same amount of goals scored and conceded. Would of been interesting if both still had a chance of staying up

Yeah saw that, going to be a boring final day with just 4th and Europa Cup places up for grabs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not even 4th really (surely?)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

K-9 wrote: »
    Yeah saw that, going to be a boring final day with Europa Cup places up for grabs.
    Hopefully 'Pool win 2-1 and West Ham lose 1-0 so they will have identical records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Then what happens?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Because there's a Euro position at stake, it would go to a play-off.

• Advertisement

Depends if it's for 6th or 7th I think though, the permutations confuse me. If Palace win the cup and United finish 5th, 7th doesn't get Europa if I'm right.

Advertisement