Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General PL Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Behrami's stamp is absolutely disgusting. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

That_Guy wrote: »
    For balance, Palace should have had a penalty and Yaya could have been sent off too.
    Agree about Yaya. Don't think the penalty shout was a penalty, though my stream is in and out quality-wise, so I do stand to be corrected.

blueser wrote: »
    Agree about Yaya. Don't think the penalty shout was a penalty, though my stream is in and out quality-wise, so I do stand to be corrected.

In real time it looked soft. However, on the replay, Fernandinho did definitely wrap his foot around Cabaye.

Palace being very physical today.

Dwight Gayle was miles offside but the flag never goes up and spurns a great opportunity to win it for Palace.

• Advertisement

Can't even pronounce that fellas name. Who is he? The City fella that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

City late winner

Get in there Kelechi!

:D

Nice late win for City. 15 from 15. Chelsea 11 behind already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Don't know where the ref got seven mins from!! But game over, first win of the season :D

• Advertisement

Nasri was excellent today. Such a tidy footballer. Don't think he gets enough praise. That being said, he's usually playing off the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Nasri motm for me.

I can't wait for Pardew to blame the fans for wanting their team to push on in a tight game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I can't wait for Pardew to blame the fans for wanting their team to push on in a tight game.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Ah lighten up pal.

Delighted to have come away from Selhurst Park with three points. Never an easy place to go, with their loud and passionate fans (though them cheering when Kun went off injured was poor). And with no Zab, no Fernando, no Otamendi, No Sterling, no Merlin, Kun kicked out of the match early on, Navas missing an absolute sitter. All in all, a pretty good day. Now God, if you're listening, a draw at Old Trafford tonight will do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Ah lighten up pal.

I'm fine but your the one who always brings up Pardew then blames Saipanne. I thought that **** ended last year but nope. Just gotta keep digging

I'm fine but your the one who always brings up Pardew then blames Saipanne. I thought that **** ended last year but nope. Just gotta keep digging

Em, what? I didn't blame Saipanne. Nor did I bring him up. I was making a light hearted joke about Pardew when Paully D made a comment. If anybody enjoys bringing up Pardew it's yourself and Saipanne who do it a lot to be fair.

We've had the debate. I made my thoughts clear. It's done.

It's you that has some big chip on your shoulder regarding Newcastle fans and Pardew.

It's ok pal. Your hero is now treated well at Palace. He's found his home.

Watching MOTD. Did Jose blame the loss partly on a computer failure???

So Shearer thinks Walcott's various misses in front of goal are due to him "being too nice"

Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So Shearer thinks Walcott's various misses in front of goal are due to him "being too nice"

Christ.

I actually sort of agree with what he was saying, even if he didn't get it across well. Walcott's finish was very good today and clinical but other times, like later on in the match, he hit the chances as if he hopes it goes in rather than expecting it, like the really good centre forwards do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

COx8g0-W8AA3Nb8.jpg

Borini up front with Defoe out wide. Ugh. I would love to have seen Borini on the left for the defensive work he does would be worth it's weight in gold to van Aanholt who has been abused all season. Cattermole also dropped for Jordi Gomez. I presume M'Vila will play the role of protector.

It'll be interesting to see how Son does for Spurs. I suspect Walker will have a lot of success getting forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Spurs midfield is so so bad. Dier and Mason?

For someone who is labelled as a finisher, Defoe has missed numerous one-on-ones as a Sunderland player.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Spurs look crap. Without Erikson they are making Sunderland look quite decent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Defoe should have gone down to get penalty decision. Looks penalty to me.

Sunderland are playing really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Defoe, he is no Anthony Martial.

Mason should be off there. Horrible tackle on Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

The ref has been pretty poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Spurs look crap. Without Erikson they are making Sunderland look quite decent

Spurs are a shadow of the team they were under Harry Redknapp a few years ago .

They were probably the best side to watch in the Premier League then ,now they are harmless.
    They have squandered huge amounts of money on average players.

M'Vila has been superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Spurs don't win this. Pochotino will be under some pressure along with Mourinho & Rodgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its turning into a stupid season for the established sides bar one. Maybe this is how it'll be as the new money takes hold - too much spending, too many options leading to loss of focus while smaller clubs become more powerful. Or it could be that the Prem happens to have a bunch of managers who are in different ways washed up - Rodgers confused, Van Gaal eccentric, Mourinho bored, Pochettino over-promoted, Wenger arrogant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its turning into a stupid season for the established sides bar one. Maybe this is how it'll be as the new money takes hold - too much spending, too many options leading to loss of focus while smaller clubs become more powerful. Or it could be that the Prem happens to have a bunch of managers who are in different ways washed up - Rodgers confused, Van Gaal eccentric, Mourinho bored, Pochettino over-promoted, Wenger arrogant.
    Van Gaal and Wenger are doing pretty well to be fair. 3 wins and a draw for Van Gaal, same for Wenger. 10 points from 15 is absolutely a foundation worth building from.

Utd are playing utter sh'ite though, no one should let yesterdays result fool them.

• Advertisement

Utd are playing utter sh'ite though, no one should let yesterdays result fool them.

They were well worth the win to be fair.

They were lucky it was Liverpool they were playing.

Sunderland 0 - 1 Spurs

Play really well, hit the post, hit the bar, should have had a penalty, Mason should have been sent off, Spurs win 1-0 through a Mason goal.

Brilliant. Just ****ing brilliant.

The type of result that screams relegation. Even when we play well we can't get results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Moral victory

They were lucky it was Liverpool they were playing.
    Ah come on. I'm not familiar with your postings but I'm sure you're better than this.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Play really well, hit the post, hit the bar, should have had a penalty, Mason should have been sent off, Spurs win 1-0 through a Mason goal.

Brilliant. Just ****ing brilliant.

The type of result that screams relegation. Even when we play well we can't get results.
    You were unlucky today; Spurs certainly didn't deserve that win. I'd like to see the Mackems stay up; their fans are a decent bunch. There's certain other sides I'd love to see go down but they never will go down, regardless of what jokers they have as manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Spurs are a shadow of the team they were under Harry Redknapp a few years ago .

They were probably the best side to watch in the Premier League then ,now they are harmless.
    They have squandered huge amounts of money on average players.

I actually like Lamela. He needs to be in all out attack mode though which spurs dont want
    want. When he tries to defend he just looks awkward and useless. Definitely 30 mil wasted when you buy a player with specific skills and tell him never use them. It's like hiring Picasso to paint your shed (not that Lamela is that good but I said, I like him)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

_85526663_garth.png
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Spurs midfield is so so bad. Dier and Mason?

Gonna be lonely in here today.

Flub from Harte?

Good strike actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Moses parted the City defence. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Great strike. So much space for the West Ham players. No closing down from City.

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Good strike actually.
    It was, but it was also poor defending by our midfielders. This could be tricky now, if West Ham decide to defend in numbers.

De Bruyne looks fair sharp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement