Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General PL Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Borini's missed a wonderful chance for Sunderland at the Emirates one-on-one with Cech. That'll come back to haunt us for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Leicester are 1 up against Swansea - Garry Monk for the chop if they lose this you suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Martin Keown had a few on BBC final score?

His voice has been rough for a while now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Mahrez... jesus he's playing some football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leicester 2 up now

Can't imagine Mahrez will be at Leicester for too much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Paully D wrote: »
    Can't imagine Mahrez will be at Leicester for too much longer.

CL football may keep him there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

I would love it if Leicester qualified for the champions league.

• Advertisement

Watford 1 up against Norwich.

West Brom equalised 1-1

Arsenal 1 up

Sunderland equalised 1-1

Sunderland deservedly level at half-time. Borini's miss so frustrating however. I don't expect to get anything from this game in all honesty but regardless the improvement under Allardyce has been excellent.

Allardyce should get the Queens Award for Industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sunderland deservedly level at half-time. Borini's miss so frustrating however. I don't expect to get anything from this game in all honesty but regardless the improvement under Allardyce has been excellent.

I think the players at their disposal were crying out for this system. It suits to have 3 cb's given their pace issues, with the 2 pacey wingbacks who are not the best defensively.

Having the two up front (not today) helps immensely, he really has made the best use of what he has. No fear of dropping the less industrious players like Lens.

As you say they might not come away with anything today, but the improvement has been immense.

Sunderland really should be ahead here. Brilliant save from Cech on the line. Just waiting for the Arsenal winner to top it off. :rolleyes:

Arsenal 2-1 Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sunderland really should be ahead here. Brilliant save from Cech on the line. Just waiting for the Arsenal winner to top it off. :rolleyes:

Giroud . .

Yep, there it is. Very disappointing and frustrating but you can't miss chances like Borini's and expect to get anything from Arsenal.

Oh well.

• Advertisement

Mahrez hat-trick Leicester 3 up now

Southampton equalised 1-1

GreNoLi wrote: »
    I would love it if Leicester qualified for the champions league.

TRE1zWb.jpg

Mahrez hat-trick Leicester 3 up now

FFS , give one to Vardy.

Unbelievable that Sunderland didn't take a point from that game. For **** sake.

Watford 2-0 Norwich

Arsenal 3-1 Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Chelsea still suck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Bournemouth 1 up with 7 mins left. Quinn saying offside 3 lads playing him on lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

paulie21 wrote: »
    Bournemouth 1 up with 7 mins left. Quinn saying offside 3 lads playing him on lol

He was offside....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

SantryRed wrote: »
    He was offside....

Yep thought number 11 scored it

Just watching MOTD, and going by the highlights, it's like Swansea had never seen Leicester play before.

High defensive line? Leaving Mahrez and Vardy 2 on 2?

Mental.

Teams have to start treating them like they're a proper top team.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD, and going by the highlights, it's like Swansea had never seen Leicester play before.

High defensive line? Leaving Mahrez and Vardy 2 in 2?

Mental.

Teams have to start treating them like their a proper top team.

Swansea need to sack Monk first and foremost. They're crumbling big time at the minute. They could be involved in a big scrap soon enough if they don't get their act together.

What are your thoughts on Sunderland v Watford next weekend, Santry?

What are your thoughts on Sunderland v Watford next weekend, Santry?

Every weekend I assume the Watford train is gonna come crashing down but it doesn't look like happening!

Results outside of the current top 4 this season is:

P11 W6 D4 L1.

It's hard not to feel like a win isn't outside the realms of possibility. They have so much goalscoring potential between Deeney and Ighalo, that you'd have to think if we limit Sunderland to one goal, we'll at least get a draw. Watford didn't really turn up against Villa, but the partnership got 3 goals and seen us come away with 3 points.

It'll be interesting if Sunderland play 3-5-2 though, because then the wingers become critical, as it won't be as easy to isolate Ighalo on one centre back. He absolutely tore Bassong a new arsehole yday and really should have had at least 3.

A disappointing loss is coming and it is an Allardyce team, so I do feel it could come next week. Performing well above expectations so anything is a bonus! Another win on Saturday and we could be as high as 6th in the league, which is absolutely incredible! Due to Leicester's remarkable season, we've been going under the radar.

Also, Gomes is looking increasingly shaky in the past 3/4 games. I imagine Allardyce will target this big time and will be working on it all week.

I'm sure it's a game Sunderland will be targetting for three points?

• Shaqiri was a beast at the weekend

What a signing he is for Stoke IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Unbelievable that Sunderland didn't take a point from that game. For **** sake.

16 shots to 7 and Arsenal scored your only goal. Sunderland put up a good fight but the better quality in crucial areas of the field told for Arsenal.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Every weekend I assume the Watford train is gonna come crashing down but it doesn't look like happening!

Results outside of the current top 4 this season is:

P11 W6 D4 L1.

It's hard not to feel like a win isn't outside the realms of possibility. They have so much goalscoring potential between Deeney and Ighalo, that you'd have to think if we limit Sunderland to one goal, we'll at least get a draw. Watford didn't really turn up against Villa, but the partnership got 3 goals and seen us come away with 3 points.

It'll be interesting if Sunderland play 3-5-2 though, because then the wingers become critical, as it won't be as easy to isolate Ighalo on one centre back. He absolutely tore Bassong a new arsehole yday and really should have had at least 3.

A disappointing loss is coming and it is an Allardyce team, so I do feel it could come next week. Performing well above expectations so anything is a bonus! Another win on Saturday and we could be as high as 6th in the league, which is absolutely incredible! Due to Leicester's remarkable season, we've been going under the radar.

Also, Gomes is looking increasingly shaky in the past 3/4 games. I imagine Allardyce will target this big time and will be working on it all week.

I'm sure it's a game Sunderland will be targetting for three points?

Cheers for that mate, good read.

Yeah, it's a game we'll be targetting for 3 points but mainly due to our upcoming fixtures as opposed to thinking we're a better side to be honest. We've got Chelsea, Liverpool, and City in our 3 games after this one so if we don't take a win on Saturday we'll probably be playing catch up once again come January.

Sunderland nailed on to play O'Shea/Kaboul/Coates if all 3 are fit but Sam has said if one picks up a knock he has to move back to 4 at the back due to personnel. I'm praying they stay fit!

Draw written all over this one for me.

Lukaku is the real deal this season.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that mate, good read.

Yeah, it's a game we'll be targetting for 3 points but mainly due to our upcoming fixtures as opposed to thinking we're a better side to be honest. We've got Chelsea, Liverpool, and City in our 3 games after this one so if we don't take a win on Saturday we'll probably be playing catch up once again come January.

Sunderland nailed on to play O'Shea/Kaboul/Coates if all 3 are fit but Sam has said if one picks up a knock he has to move back to 4 at the back due to personnel. I'm praying they stay fit!

Draw written all over this one for me.

Watford's fixture list isn't much better with Liverpool, Chelsea, City, Spurs and Southampton.

I'd happily take a draw myself. Will mean we got 7 points from Villa (a), Norwich (h) and Sunderland (a) in our last three games. Needed points in those three games to avoid getting pulled closer to the bottom three.

Garry Monk hanging on by fingertips

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/07/garry-monk-swansea-job-chairman-brendan-rodgers
    It remains a question of when and not if Garry Monk loses his job as Swansea City manager on the back of a dismal run of results that has left the club one point above the relegation zone, yet it is possible that the silence at the Liberty Stadium will continue for another 24 hours because Huw Jenkins, the chairman, is due to be in London on Tuesday collecting his OBE.

Saturday’s emphatic 3-0 defeat at the hands of a rampant Leicester City side means Monk is on the brink and there is an acceptance within the club that a change at the top is now inevitable. Swansea have won only one of their last 11 league games and the manner of the defeat against Leicester was every bit as damaging as the scoreline. Many of Monk’s players looked as if they had given up the fight.

Fascinating how this has unravelled so quickly for Monk, you'd have to wonder what has changed in the dressing room.

1-0 to everton against norwich, Lukaku with the goal.

Norwich really getting at Everton in the second half, Stones being too "clever" is a liability

Norwich 1 - 1 Everton

Watford are tearing Sunderland to pieces. This one could get ugly very quickly.

Sterling does not have any 5 star skill moves, predictable dribbler, no feints or anything really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,512 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Balls. No Kolarov, no KDB...my subs are non existent, looks like all my hopes are on my captain again this week. This bloody game.

City score, Bony with the header from close range.

Boom, that's what city get, Gomis with the equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Man City concede a late equaliser :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

bah :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement