Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General PL Matchday Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Some fluke from Toure, undeserved, sickening for swansea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paully D wrote: »
    Watford are tearing Sunderland to pieces. This one could get ugly very quickly.

Didn't get to see the game Paully. Did the whole game play out like this?

Unbelievable season for Watford. Up to 7th and currently 4 points off 4th. Incredible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Didn't get to see the game Paully. Did the whole game play out like this?

Unbelievable season for Watford. Up to 7th and currently 4 points off 4th. Incredible...

To be honest mate, you could/should have been 3 or 4 up after about 20 minutes but Allardyce took Yedlin off for Rodwell and went from 3 at the back to 4 and things settled down.

We created 3 fantastic chances in the second half and will feel a bit aggrieved not to have taken at least one of them and a point in the end, but then again Watford also missed 3 superb chances on the break when we were pressing forward in search of the equaliser. Nyom was superb, my man of the match.

Very worrying for Sunderland really considering we face Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool over Christmas and the teams around us are all picking up points and will continue to do so over the festive period. I thought a new manager along with so many new faces from all over the place would result in carnage for Watford this season but I have to hold my hands up.

I have to give acknowledgement to your fans who sounded like the loudest away support at the Stadium of Light I have heard in a long time. It was from my couch I know but my thoughts were confirmed by someone at the game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paully D wrote: »
    To be honest mate, you could/should have been 3 or 4 up after about 20 minutes but Allardyce took Yedlin off for Rodwell and went from 3 at the back to 4 and things settled down.

We created 3 fantastic chances in the second half and will feel a bit aggrieved not to have taken at least one of them and a point in the end, but then again Watford also missed 3 superb chances on the break when we were pressing forward in search of the equaliser. Nyom was superb, my man of the match.

Very worrying for Sunderland really considering we face Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool over Christmas and the teams around us are all picking up points and will continue to do so over the festive period. I thought a new manager along with so many new faces from all over the place would result in carnage for Watford this season but I have to hold my hands up.

I have to give acknowledgement to your fans who sounded like the loudest away support at the Stadium of Light I have heard in a long time. It was from my couch I know but my thoughts were confirmed by someone at the game too.

Just caught the highlights on MOTD there. Some huge chances in the final 20 minutes for Sunderland. Gomes save was one of the best so far this season, absolutely class!

It's actually really annoying that the media have given off that Watford have brought in a load of new players and they clicked instantly. The thing is, they did bring in a load of new players, but of the starting 11 yesterday and the two subs that came on, 8 of them were actually in the Championship campaign last year. I'd say Sunderland will easily survive with Allardyce there. Watford's fixtures toughen up now too, with Liverpool (h), Chelsea (a), City (h), Spurs (h), Southampton (a) the next 5.

There's a great buzz running through the club at the moment and it can be seen with the atmosphere in the home and away games. I was in Newcastle in September for our 2-1 win up there and the fans were absolutely hopping too. Great games to go to.

Our results are incredible. Our five losses have come against Arsenal, Leicester, United, City and Palace (all team above us). Against the rest of the league, we've won 7 and drawn 4. Third best away record in the league! The two away losses being against City and Leicester. Fairytale return to the top flight.

• League is crazy this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Does anyone want to try and predict 3rd/4th (assuming City and Arsenal will be top 4) and who will be relegated?

United, Spurs
    Villa, Sunderland, Norwich as it is now for me

• Bridge93 wrote: »
    Does anyone want to try and predict 3rd/4th (assuming City and Arsenal will be top 4) and who will be relegated?

United, Spurs
    Villa, Sunderland, Norwich as it is now for me

Wouldn't agree with Norwich but you probably have the rest spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This season is fúcking batshít nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with Norwich but you probably have thew rest spot on

Who do you think it'll be? My prediction changes each week as the results come in, this league is brilliant!

• SlickRic wrote: »
    This season is fúcking batshít nuts.
    I would normally turn my nose up at the stereotype that the PL is a poor standard of league but it's getting harder every week to defend it.
    Not to knock the other teams either. I mean is it's great for the neutrals and it's still really exciting.

• Advertisement

I would normally turn my nose up at the stereotype that the PL is a poor standard of league but it's getting harder every week to defend it.

Or everyone is good.

• Bridge93 wrote: »
    Who do you think it'll be? My prediction changes each week as the results come in, this league is brilliant!
    Villa for sure.
    I know Bournemoth have got two huge results recently against us and Chelsea but I think it's a blip and I think they will be in the bottom 3 after Xmas.

They have a couple of injuries already and can't see how they will survive the ball of games coming up.

Or everyone is good.
    Yep I cleared up my post a bit. Mentioned it in the Utd thread last week too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Come on leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No match thread for the game, which is a little surprising.

Very much looking forward to this one.

Mahrez is just unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Match thread up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »

I really didn't think he would keep it up :o

SlickRic wrote: »

About as much chance of me signing for Leicester as there is of him still being there by the close of the summer transfer window.

• Advertisement

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    League is crazy this year!

I repeat...

Time to start taking my Chelsea relegation bet seriously lol I got a mad price last month

I repeat...

Time to start taking my Chelsea relegation bet seriously lol I got a mad price last month

They're not getting relegated. Calm yourself.

They're not getting relegated. Calm yourself.

One can dream

Such a buzzkill!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well hasn't taken long to get over Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Well that's the sacking vindicated anyway.

Mahrez puts Leicester 1 up with a pen great for my FF

• Advertisement

• Lukaku counters

Bloody hell McClean with an idiotic challenge!

7 in a row for Lukaku can he beat Vardy's PL record.

If he was to beat it it would be in a game against Chelsea.

Norwich 1 up

Jose to Utd.

Spurs 1 up through Kane.

• Advertisement

Spurs 2 up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Southampton really have turned to crap.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That's exactly what McClean is capable of. Those people who go on about his 'passion' should wake up to the fact the's so easily wound up and a complete liability.

Southampton really have turned to crap.

Schneiderlin was a huge loss and the hardest to replace of all the players they have sold over the last few seasons which they haven't done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Faugheen wrote: »
    That's exactly what McClean is capable of. Those people who go on about his 'passion' should wake up to the fact the's so easily wound up and a complete liability.
    Not seen it, but apparently it was horrendous, a real potential leg breaker. And yet he still tried to argue his case with the ref?

*edit* Just seen a vine of it on Twitter. It ain't pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Its much easier to be away from home in this league!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just reading that "Jose Mourinho" has been chanted at both Stanford Bridge and Old Trafford today ha!

3-0 Chelsea now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

3-1, crap goal to concede.

and Bournemouth take the lead against 10man West Brom, that will be 3 wins on the bounce and see them 5pts above the bottom 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Start of the season I'd have thought Mourinho and LVG were dead certs to last the season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I can see utd offering stupid money for Vardy or Kane or both in the transfer window.

Both could probably name there wages as well

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Bloody hell McClean with an idiotic challenge!
    That's being very kind to him.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Martial's composure is outstanding.

Come on lads!

• The Leicester train looks like it can't be stopped

Top four for sure now

Amazing

I think we have to take the league leaders seriously.

They will have plenty of money to reinforce their squad in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Some performance from Leceister so far... Guaranteed top at Christmas if it ends like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Mahrez is a sick joke...what a player. POTY by a country mile so far.

Wouldn't it be great for football to see the tinker man and perennial runner up not tinker with his team and win the league with the biggest underdogs in history

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Mahrez is a sick joke...what a player. POTY by a country mile so far.

Him and Ozil for me

surprisingly West Brom are now level!

• Advertisement

Hard to see Sunderland or Villa getting out of trouble now especially if Newcastle beat Villa this evening. Every possible result going against both sides again this week. Fair play to Bournemouth and Norwich especially. Some great performances of late.

It must be awesome to be a Leicester fan at the moment. The run they're on is beyond belief.

Advertisement