Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Application and Travel Insurance

Options
  • 08-08-2015 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi! I am an exchange student and will be studying in DCU for an academic year. I plan to open an account in Bank of Ireland and am wondering if it is possible for me to apply a credit card? Is student credit card available in Bank of Ireland?

Also, May I know if I can purchase travel insurance in Bank of Ireland? Thank you very much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi! I am an exchange student and will be studying in DCU for an academic year. I plan to open an account in Bank of Ireland and am wondering if it is possible for me to apply a credit card? Is student credit card available in Bank of Ireland?

Also, May I know if I can purchase travel insurance in Bank of Ireland? Thank you very much!
    Good morning jenniferwlm,

Welcome to Boards.ie and thanks for your post.

Information for our student account and credit card here. We also have a Travel Insurance policy for our Student Credit Card, full details are available here.

Best of luck with your studies and please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jenniferwlm

Thank you for your reply.

However, I have a few questions. As stated in the website, only students who are resident in Ireland for at least two years can open the 3rd level current account. Also, only a resident of Ireland can purchase the travel insurance. Since I am an exchange student, may I ask if I am still eligible to open the 3rd level current account and eligible to purchase the insurance? 

Moreover, I'd also like to know the effective period of the travel insurance. Is it a year long?

It would be very much appreciated if you could provide some advice. Thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Thank you for your reply.

However, I have a few questions. As stated in the website, only students who are resident in Ireland for at least two years can open the 3rd level current account. Also, only a resident of Ireland can purchase the travel insurance. Since I am an exchange student, may I ask if I am still eligible to open the 3rd level current account and eligible to purchase the insurance? 

Moreover, I'd also like to know the effective period of the travel insurance. Is it a year long?

It would be very much appreciated if you could provide some advice. Thank you very much.
    Hi jenniferwlm, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes it is possible for you to open a 3rd Level account with us, if you contact your local branch, a representative will be happy to set this up for you. Please book an appointment with your branch to open an account, you can do so at this link

Our Travel Insurance is valid once you maintain your Student 3rd Level current account. You can find this in our Travel Insurance brochure which can be found here.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement