Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting to know students

• 08-08-2015 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking to get to know students in college , this is my second year and I've failed to make any friends ( I don't drink ) it feels really bad in here that I had to take a year off :(

And now I'll be back with new students ,Anyone have any advice how to get to know students or at least get involve with them .. I really don't want to be left out :(

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

What are you? I was at AIT last year and I don't know how you didn't make friends, it's a easy place to make friends, I suggest you join society's, sports teams, you'll have new people in your class, are you living with students ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ella_89

What are you? I was at AIT last year and I don't know how you didn't make friends, it's a easy place to make friends, I suggest you join society's, sports teams, you'll have new people in your class, are you living with students ?

I'm human lol , seriously I don't live with students , everyone keeps saying I'm a great person to get to know but they always leaves me behind :(.. I even got them gifts for there bd :/
    As for clubs I joined the movies one but didn't stick too long ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

Ella_89 wrote: »
    I'm human lol , seriously I don't live with students , everyone keeps saying I'm a great person to get to know but they always leaves me behind :(.. I even got them gifts for there bd :/
    As for clubs I joined the movies one but didn't stick too long ..

I mean age wise? Are you shy? Join popular society's, don't worry you'll make friends in your class

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ella_89

I mean age wise? Are you shy? Join popular society's, don't worry you'll make friends in your class

I'm 24 + kinda shy ( introvert ) .. I tried looking for students acc near college but willow apartments were the only ones left ..

Can you please suggest clubs to join with good people in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

If you are 24 you could join the mature student society, they were a friendly bunch when I was there. Also when you join whatever society you are interested in you could ask them if they need help organising event. When I was in AIT and set up a society I always wished more people would get involved:-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement