Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightmare on Elm Street Reboot of Remake of the Reboot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 I should coco!

Massive fan of the original. I wasn't actually that bothered about a remake...until I watched it. Dreadful. Soulless.

Jackie Earle Haley was a good choice for Freddy, but they got everything else wrong.

As was I, was the first film that ever scared me. Can't get my head around how they are making it again though.

In one way, a remake might be a good thing as the original is slightly dated now and unless you grew up with it as you or I have, it probably doesn't hold the same fear factor. And also because the first remake was so bad.

More Freddy is a good thing provided it's done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

They already rebooted the series a few years ago.

Has it become the case (Spiderman, Fantastic 4 ect) that Hollywood's new motto is:

'If at first you don't succeed, reboot, reboot again'?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Maybe they'll go for a 12A this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Didn't they already try this?

FFS :rolleyes:

Why can't franchises just die in peace?

^ I guess because the remake was such a mess, it's now the one that's out there and they feel they need to do right by the original franchise and create a worthy remake....or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

All they have to do to "do right" by the franchise (which, BTW, has one good film in it) is to do nothing.

Instead they could, oh I don't know, try something original? You know, something mad like that! :D

Advertisement