Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedestrian access from housing estate to busy road

Options
  • 08-08-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Is there anywhere you could find information on this. The thread is in regards to a access point made in our estate out onto a busy road. There seems to be no warnings. I feel its a safety risk for children and people with disabilities.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is there anywhere you could find information on this. The thread is in regards to a access point made in our estate out onto a busy road. There seems to be no warnings. I feel its a safety risk for children and people with disabilities.
    Are you saying the road is busy with pedestrians?
    Should pedestrians not be able to leave the estate?
    Should the road be closed off to facilitate pedestrians?

I don't understand your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Contact your local countil. They will have plans for the development and roads, and will be able to help with access and safety issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You don't say whether this access was created informally or by the council.

This may be relevant Permeability in Existing Urban Areas: Best Practice Guide

Potentially, it means fewer vehicles driving in the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AshfieldM10

The access route is pedestrian access only. I have been able to get in touch with a local county Councillor. Thanks for your help on this one.

Still not really following - do you want to warn motorists that there is a pedestrian entrance ahead, do you want to warn the pedestrians, do you want it closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I suppose OP might be looking for a sort of gate which would stop a child on, say, a little pushbike leaving an estate and potentially ending up in a dual carriage-way, like in Templeogue Wood with a sort of gate gate covering entrance to the dual carriageway

Advertisement