Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constant Soccer Treble

• 08-08-2015 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm thinking about doing a constant treble throughout the season. All three teams to win.

Will probably do the a weekly big three out of the top 5 in the betting. But pondering the odds will be skinny, but could possibly provide a return end of the season.

Pondering selecting the top 3 and substituting with other constant "substitute teams" if the top three are playing each other.

OR: possibly doing a constant weekly bet with 3 teams, not necessarily in the top 5. Say Villa, Leicester Sunderland all to win, constant weekly be throughout the season, home or away.

OR: Was also pondering a constant weekly bet for ONE top team, to be getting beat at half time, but be winning at full time.

So we are talking the same 38 bets throughout the season. Whatever the bet is, I'm going to keep it constant for 38 games, if I'm not bankrupt by then!

Any comments? Thanks

Top 5 in betting to win premiership:
    Chelsea
    Manchester City
    Arsenal
    Manchester Utd
    Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Wouldn't be mad about it myself but depends what you want out of it.

Those teams would generally be overbet week after week by casual punters so by putting all 4 or 5 into an acca you're multiplying the overround.

If you're in it to make a profit over the course of the season then it's unlikely to happen but if it's just a fun bet every weekend while you're watching the football in the hope of winning enough for a few pints or a meal out with the wife every few weeks then fair enough.

To be honest, you'd probably make more saving your stake every week but where's the fun in that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

DB74. Cheers for that. All true. Yes I just have a small punt at the weekend for the footie. Last season was pretty useless. But only small bets so no disaster.

I think I'm gonna go for constant bet Man City to be losing at half time and winning full time. If it comes in a few times or so out of 38 games, I should break even or better.

Its 25-1 with Ladbrokes Mondays game. West Brom HT-City FT. Maybe better odds elsewhere, but I only bet high street. Cheers for the comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Randomly picking a market and hoping the bookies aren't good at pricing it? You'll be rich in no time.

Advertisement