Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

8 points behind Donal

He has 10 left I have 5

Not looking good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good chance that I'll do me old pal Lemlin a big favour here, he looks like winning and it looks like they could be close enough on points next week as well, this could be our super sunday.

Ye it's looking like we will be neck and neck going into gw38.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ye it's looking like we will be neck and neck going into gw38.

My team is very poorly setup for next week. Although I do have the AOA chip left if I want to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Leading iroced by 6 with only Sturridge left vs Hazard, Rashford, Fosu-Mensah and Carroll. Doubt it will be enough. Maybe he'll even come back from hibernation to celebrate! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good chance that I'll do me old pal Lemlin a big favour here, he looks like winning and it looks like they could be close enough on points next week as well, this could be our super sunday.

Cool, you've done enough favours for the season now. GW38 is the time for you to relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    Cool, you've done enough favours for the season now. GW38 is the time for you to relax.

Hate to see you go down pal but I'll fight for every last point when Sunday comes :pac:
    Also, Busts, I assume it has been talked to death about in other threads that I've avoided due to my miserable season but triple Sunderland defence????:pac:

Hate to see you go down pal but I'll fight for every last point when Sunday comes :pac:
    Also, Busts, I assume it has been talked to death about in other threads that I've avoided due to my miserable season but triple Sunderland defence????:pac:

You will understand why at 10 on Wednesday night.☺

Ive made so many poor decisions of late and the frightening thing is thats far from the worst one. After all these years playing this game I really shouldnt be making so many bad decisions.
    I got the 3rd sunderland player in kone to free up money for payet due to changes in prices early in the week. Come the friday Id made another two moves so could have afforded a utd defender over kone anyway.
    My thinking on the 3 sunderland is id expect one clean sheet from the 3 games chelsea, everton and watford if that happens it will have worked out alright.
    I majorly messed up by not getting ddg and smalling for a hit before gw34. I consistently advised people on wildcard of that move but chose to ignore my own advise for stupid cheaper punts.

The Payet and Martial show has given me a lifeline. Now 10 ahead of Donal with Coutinho left for me and Firmino and Defoe left for him ( we both have PVA and Hazard). Our match will probably be decided by Jurgen Klopp!

You will understand why at 10 on Wednesday night.☺

:eek::eek: From where I am looking right now I think you will scrape this.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek: From where I am looking right now I think you will scrape this.

Ye unbelievable stuff if mannone gets the bonus over pva I win.

Ye unbelievable stuff if mannone gets the bonus over pva I win.

A draw in the end.

Held on for the win against Donal.

Think I am now safe. Waiting for the results to come in to confirm it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

4th win on the bounce and out of the drop zone I think. Far from safe though..

Yeah I need to beat Swiper next week to stay up barring the 2 guys behind me both losing. I see 2 Liverpool players in there and Andy Carroll, not to mention the Newcastle players who'll have nothing to play for. Surely that's at least a 16 point hit this week? ;)

Pray for mojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A draw in the end.

Leaves me with a chance on Sunday if you lose.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Leaves me with a chance on Sunday if you lose.

I easily could im up against a strong squad this week.

I easily could im up against a strong squad this week.

Please don't.

Please don't.

If ozil is fit I've a decent squad myself. Not sure my 3 Sunderland defs will be keeping a cleanie though.

• Advertisement

If ozil is fit I've a decent squad myself. Not sure my 3 Sunderland defs will be keeping a cleanie though.

Gulp, I did not expect to even be in the relegation battle on the last day, almost everyone behind me won this week.

Officially safe for another year.

Can sit back now and watch busts and Lemlin duke it out on the last day for the title

Officially safe for another year.

Can sit back now and watch busts and Lemlin duke it out on the last day for the title
    Im the godfather at a christening on sunday going to miss all the excitement. Well probably not no doubt ill spend most of the time hiding out in the toilet checking my phone.

Good luck to two legends of the forum battling for the most prestigious no prize competition in FPL:)

Sorry CSF, I hope I don't send you down but I'll not be throwing any points away, and i'm sure that's how you would like it to be :pac:

Whoa, I'm one point off relegation! Damn real life that's been getting in the way.

Good luck to two legends of the forum battling for the most prestigious no prize competition in FPL:)

Sorry CSF, I hope I don't send you down but I'll not be throwing any points away, and i'm sure that's how you would like it to be :pac:

I would. But I'm still waiting patiently for you to f*cking post in the transfers and captain threads 😂

• Advertisement

Also, I'm led to believe there was prizes. I'll have to check back with the provider but they were originally offered so I'm assuming all is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Any plans to make it into a head to head pay league structure?

If that's what the people wanted, absolutely. I'm only here to do admin and make decisions that I feel meet the general consensus of the forum, rather than my own opinions. If people wanted that to be a thing, it could absolutely be a thing but it would ultimately depend on how many people wanted it, there'd be people who like having a free to enter league too.

Answers on a postcard people.

I would. But I'm still waiting patiently for you to f*cking post in the transfers and captain threads 😂

Sorry mate, to my shame I haven't even spent a minute thinking about it, I've nothing to play for so haven't even looked at those threads,
    I'd be surprised if I didn't take a 4 point hit and Aguero wasn't my captain.

Sorry mate, to my shame I haven't even spent a minute thinking about it, I've nothing to play for so haven't even looked at those threads,
    I'd be surprised if I didn't take a 4 point hit and Aguero wasn't my captain.

I'd say I'm less likely to take a hit. Aguero is also in my captain thoughts but I'm chasing in other leagues so may have to punt.

• Advertisement

On another note on that same topic, how would you work a hierarchical structure within a pay league?

On another note on that same topic, how would you work a hierarchical structure within a pay league?

How'd you mean exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Also, I'm led to believe there was prizes. I'll have to check back with the provider but they were originally offered so I'm assuming all is ok.

There were prizes offered iirc. There was some split between leagues and few sponsors.

Would be nice to get something for winning league1, but given it is free league, and the top priority was sporty, yet pleasant opportunity to kick other boardsies right in the balls , I am not that concerned about prizes or lack of them :)

How'd you mean exactly?

Typically pay leagues work in an equal structure ie. Everyone pays the same amount in and can therefore win the same amount. So how do you make the Premier League more prestigious than League 2?

wonski wrote: »
    There were prizes offered iirc. There was some split between leagues and few sponsors.

Would be nice to get something for winning league1, but given it is free league, and the top priority was sporty, yet pleasant opportunity to kick other boardsies right in the balls , I am not that concerned about prizes or lack of them :)

Leave it with me, I'll check the prizes situation with the person who offered them at the start of the year.

Typically pay leagues work in an equal structure ie. Everyone pays the same amount in and can therefore win the same amount. So how do you make the Premier League more prestigious than League 2?

Oh ... hadn't thought of that! That makes it more tricky to organise. The current prize setup may work better.

Oh ... hadn't thought of that! That makes it more tricky to organise. The current prize setup may work better.

There's another option, a more informal one. All the people in a league who want to pay in to a pot with the highest finisher taking the pot. So it could be that 10 want to do it that way and 10 don't, and only the 10 that pay in can take the pot, whoever finishes highest. If everyone enters, excellent, but I want this to be first and foremost about the interest in competing against mammoths like Lemlin, busts, FHFC, and Swiper the Fox, although I hope he'll be taken off his perch this weekend ;) rather than the simple financial gain of winning what'd be a comparatively easier (sorry guys) pot in League 1 or 2.

As usual, answers on a postcard guys, cause I plan to finalise plans early in the off-season on the finer points of format and structure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

There's another option, a more informal one. All the people in a league who want to pay in to a pot with the highest finisher taking the pot. So it could be that 10 want to do it that way and 10 don't, and only the 10 that pay in can take the pot, whoever finishes highest. If everyone enters, excellent, but I want this to be first and foremost about the interest in competing against mammoths like Lemlin, busts, FHFC, and Swiper the Fox, although I hope he'll be taken off his perch this weekend ;) rather than the simple financial gain of winning what'd be a comparatively easier (sorry guys) pot in League 1 or 2.

As usual, answers on a postcard guys, cause I plan to finalise plans early in the off-season on the finer points of format and structure.

This is the most straightforward and sensible way to do it. Essentially a sidebet on the league between whoever wants in.

The title glory, relegation and promotion issues in each division is a seperate matter.

Yeah I'm down with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I was just going to suggest exactly this earlier when my 3 year old went off on one before i finished reading the thread.

This kind of optional pot i think is the only way to go as plenty across the leagues who might not want to pay in.

Add in the odd donated prize which could go to the winner (paid or not) and theres a decent prize fund.

Mammoths though?!? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

So after losing last week with a score of 102 im the feature game this week scraping relegation

playing busts in first v me in 18th

Busts could take down title with a draw even a loss. Im level on points with 19th ahead on points difference...grandstand finish

Im all on for cash prizes but I think for this I really like the idea that it's more about the glory of winning a competition amongst all the regular posters on here. I'd prefer it the way it is and wouldn't like it to turn into a competitive cash h2h league.

skippy15 wrote: »
    So after losing last week with a score of 102 im the feature game this week scraping relegation

playing busts in first v me in 18th

Busts could take down title with a draw even a loss. Im level on points with 19th ahead on points difference...grandstand finish

You have a strong team this week probably the same fear of no gks playing as myself. We have the same front 3.

FHFC wrote: »
    I was just going to suggest exactly this earlier when my 3 year old went off on one before i finished reading the thread.

This kind of optional pot i think is the only way to go as plenty across the leagues who might not want to pay in.

Add in the odd donated prize which could go to the winner (paid or not) and theres a decent prize fund.

Mammoths though?!? :D

Not gonna lie to you, it was just an excuse to take a swipe at Swiper

Im all on for cash prizes but I think for this I really like the idea that it's more about the glory of winning a competition amongst all the regular posters on here. I'd prefer it the way it is and wouldn't like it to turn into a competitive cash h2h league.

You're right, hence why I won't be having anything to do with running side pots. I'd enter though because I'd gamble on a farting competition. Besides, depending on events this weekend, the focus of privilege in this hierarchy may shift to the Championship.

KevIRL wrote: »
    This is the most straightforward and sensible way to do it. Essentially a sidebet on the league between whoever wants in.

The title glory, relegation and promotion issues in each division is a seperate matter.

Agreed. I have no interest in a pay league. I enjoy trying to beat boards legends head to head but I haven't a hope of beating them in a cash league

At half time both big matches are tight, nobody is doing well.

At half time both big matches are tight, nobody is doing well.

Baines :(

If I read the subs in right I am three ahead of Tom K with my De Gea to his Valencia left.

Would be great to finish with three wins in a row

• Advertisement

By my count I need De Gea and Rashford to total 11 points to stay up. Will this game go ahead? Will these guys play?

Advertisement