Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

won this week to stay 3 pts clear at the top. 9 wins 3 losses so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Another win for the Commandos but unfortunately all of the teams above us also won.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

3 defeats in a row and from fighting for the title, I'm now back into the relegation battle. Must remember now that the MAIN objective is to just stay in that league!

In 16th now. Think I'm joint 3rd for points overall in the premier league too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

iroced wrote: »
    3 defeats in a row and from fighting for the title, I'm now back into the relegation battle. Must remember now that the MAIN objective is to just stay in that league!

Good game, on a good run now after a horrendous first 7 that caused me to temporarily abandon ship. Won 4 of the last 5 so slowly working my way back up the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Win over Zarquon thanks in the main to the referee giving Watford that penno, his double united defence would have been the difference.
    Will there be any casualties at the top of the league??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Disastrous week, only 27(-4) with only Souare and Kane (c) left.

Getting absolutely hammered .

I should beat Skippy. I'm on 52 with Kane and Souare to go. He's on 53(-4) with Alder to go.

Wait now for Alder's 15 pointer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm 6 ahead with Alli vs Kane (c) and Ward. If Kane blanks I think I'll be ok. Unfortunately that is way too big of an if with the form he is in.

I lead Donal 53 41 both of us have Kane (c) to go. He also has mccarthy or more than likely Myhill to come in.

• Advertisement

All the top 5 look like winning I think, we might get a little breakaway going, I was hoping to make a bit of progress but it's great to keep winning and staying in the hunt even when I'm not going that well overall.

I lead Donal 53 41 both of us have Kane (c) to go. He also has mccarthy or more than likely Myhill to come in.

Yep, another week another loss. Congrats!

4th defeat in a row now :(... Relegation battle here I come :rolleyes: :pac:...

Lemlin wrote: »
    I should beat Skippy. I'm on 52 with Kane and Souare to go. He's on 53(-4) with Alder to go.

Like Lukaku did a couple of weeks ago for Swiper, it looks like a great Sunday performance could turn a game on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Delighted with alder...then kane goes and scores again. looks like ill stay propping up table a little longer. Congrats

skippy15 wrote: »
    Delighted with alder...then kane goes and scores again. looks like ill stay propping up table a little longer. Congrats

It's not over yet! Alder should get at least 14 if things stay as are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I'm very much over achieving in the league-based on points I should be in 19th position, but currently sitting in 6th

thunderdog wrote: »
    I'm very much over achieving in the league-based on points I should be in 19th position, but currently sitting in 6th

Yeah, I'm in 17 but would move to third if based on points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Another win and up to 7th.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm in 17 but would move to third if based on points.

Your just being very unlucky with the fixtures. This week you had the 3rd highest score and would have beaten anyone else in the league bar me and fhfc.

In some ways it's what makes this league so interesting, you'll meet a good opponent every single week so you need quite a bit of luck on top of a good score every week. I remember commenting on a player who was number 1 in the world towards the end of last season who wasn't top of his H2H league.

3 points taken from los pollos hermanos, should help things along

3 points taken from los pollos hermanos, should help things along

Good man Dónal, he was above me before that.

The top 3 after today will be busts, Lemlin and myself, pleased with that:)

Another expected defeat with my -8. If Agüero is OK maybe just maybe it won't be a terrible triple move I'd just made...

Good man Dónal, he was above me before that.

The top 3 after today will be busts, Lemlin and myself, pleased with that:)

Busts five points ahead since the week he beat me and he's really holding onto that gap.

• Advertisement

Busts five points ahead since the week he beat me and he's really holding onto that gap.

I had a huge lead last year at one stage after winning thirteen in a row or something but I had a losing streak late on despite posting good scores every week and was pipped at the post, busts luck will change;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Badly, badly needed win this week.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I had a huge lead last year at one stage after winning thirteen in a row or something but I had a losing streak late on despite posting good scores every week and was pipped at the post, busts luck will change;)

Think you're taking three points off me this week thanks to your hero KDB!

FHFC wrote: »
    Think you're taking three points off me this week thanks to your hero KDB!

Pretty sure I wasn't playing you this week, I had journeymen, he also had Kdb ighalo was my real hero

Pretty sure I wasn't playing you this week, I had journeymen, he also had Kdb ighalo was my real hero

Didn't look at it properly as on mobile and in North on roaming.

It's actually skippy15...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

FHFC wrote: »
    Didn't look at it properly as on mobile and in North on roaming.

It's actually skippy15...

Was bottom of league so needed the win more :D
    Forgotten what it feels lke

The league is very tight again tbh. I'm on 28 points in second but people in the relegation zone are on 15, only 13 points behind.

My aim is to get as many points between myself and the relegation zone as I can. I won't forget last season easily where I was flying high until January and then only had two or three wins in the second half of the season.

I ended up in a relegation dogfight before eventually pulling clear to finish in mid table obscurity.

Up to 15th in the league, second overall on points. Very tight in the bottom half.

With no other cup or champions league matches this week I'm looking forward to my clash with the unluckiest man in the league, Donal. A win and a Lemlin loss will put me into second, sorry Donal but I hope your bad luck continues:P

With no other cup or champions league matches this week I'm looking forward to my clash with the unluckiest man in the league, Donal. A win and a Lemlin loss will put me into second, sorry Donal but I hope your bad luck continues:P

You set your aspirations low old man if second place is your target ;)

You set your aspirations low old man if second place is your target ;)

Where I went to school you could never go past 33 by adding 3 to 27 but you Cavan men are very good with figures I've heard;)

Anyway onwards and upwards, I've made good progress in this league in recent weeks.

Back from holidays to find I had two consecutive defeats and got knocked out of the League Cup. Hope to have turned the tide against KevIrl this week though unless Lukaku goes mad.

beaten by Tom K this week. Will give some false hope to the chasing pack;)

I lead The Bottlers 46-36. I have Nyom to sub in so its 52-36 effectively. We both have captain Lukaku to go so he needs 17 from Moreno.

If they were playing anyone but Newcastle I wouldn't be still worried!

Looks like a 6th defeat in a row in this league... Can't stop my highway to hell... I have a very bad feeling about this season :(...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I lead The Bottlers 46-36. I have Nyom to sub in so its 52-36 effectively. We both have captain Lukaku to go so he needs 17 from Moreno.

If they were playing anyone but Newcastle I wouldn't be still worried!

lol :D

Everything I touch in the last 1.5 seasons turns to crap.

I'll have to change my team name. it started out as mildly ironic when I used to be good at this game, now it's just sad!

Watch Newcastle win 2-0 today with a Moreno own goal before he gets sent off before half-time.

Very interesting game with Donal.
    He is three points behind but has picked a non playing goalie and lest Myhill on the bench so it's basically a 1 point lead. I have Lukaku (C) left and he has Lukaku and Barkley. I think I need Lukaku to equal Barkleys score to win.

Very interesting game with Donal.
    He is three points behind but has picked a non playing goalie and lest Myhill on the bench so it's basically a 1 point lead. I have Lukaku (C) left and he has Lukaku and Barkley. I think I need Lukaku to equal Barkleys score to win.

Yeah, could go either way there!

Yeah, could go either way there!

I predict a draw but I wouldn't settle for it if you gave me the choice, I'll be hoping for a palace goal big time to lose you that point.

Congratulations to whoever was playing me... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Iago wrote: »
    lol :D

Everything I touch in the last 1.5 seasons turns to crap.

I'll have to change my team name. it started out as mildly ironic when I used to be good at this game, now it's just sad!

Watch Newcastle win 2-0 today with a Moreno own goal before he gets sent off before half-time.

I was closer with this than I've been in picking a fantasy team all season :D

My 54 plus Barkley v KevIrl 36(-4) plus Bolasie and Lukaku

Should be enough

I predict a draw but I wouldn't settle for it if you gave me the choice, I'll be hoping for a palace goal big time to lose you that point.

That's another loss for me! Congrats

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Up to 13th! Ridiculously tight down the bottom though, 4 points between 20th and 12th.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Any chance somebody could crunch the numbers on which leagues have the highest average etc, last year it was amazing in that the leagues went exactly to form with a scarily similar difference between all of them, I suspect the premier isn't as strong overall as last year as I have the 4th highest score and I'm below 90k in rank.

Advertisement