Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread 15/16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Any chance somebody could crunch the numbers on which leagues have the highest average etc, last year it was amazing in that the leagues went exactly to form with a scarily similar difference between all of them, I suspect the premier isn't as strong overall as last year as I have the 4th highest score and I'm below 90k in rank.

Here you go ;).

League | average overall score
    PL | 790.9
    C | 756.55
    L1 | 769.65
    L2 | 779.6
    QL | 765.28

Premier league is still the crème de la crème :cool: :p. But then it's reversed order: L2 > L1 > C.
    QL has the third highest average which is quite a perf considering there are 82 teams battling in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Good man, last season one of the upstart leagues was cruising ahead at around this time but the crème did eventually rise to the top quite comfortably, we'll run away with it altogether this year;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Commandos look to be in trouble this week. I essentially have 26 from five.

Irish son has about 33 from seven. We both have Kane (c).

He has Moreno, Ramsey and Hazard then. I have Bellerin, Ozil, Coutinho, Mahrez and Vardy.

I'm on 44 + Vardez vs 49 + Hazard. Ramsey scoring today was the killer blow.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm on 44 + Vardez vs 49 + Hazard. Ramsey scoring today was the killer blow.

Interesting, I think you'll lose that one.
    I'm involved in another nail biter this week, I think it's KevIrl, surprised he didn't have Henderson or Nyom captained but I caught him on a rare off week for the captain choice:p
    Including auto subs I lead by 47 to 45, we both have Mahrez, I have Hazard and he has Costa. If both blank I guess I'll win, Costa beats Hazard by two it's a draw.
    Huge game for me, at least it feels like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'm involved in another nail biter this week, I think it's KevIrl, surprised he didn't have Henderson or Nyom captained but I caught him on a rare off week for the captain choice:p
    Including auto subs I lead by 47 to 45, we both have Mahrez, I have Hazard and he has Costa. If both blank I guess I'll win, Costa beats Hazard by two it's a draw.

None of these cut the mustard. 2 goal minimum to be my capt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Me 42 vardy mahrez Csf 24 hazard mahrez. If csf wins this one its safe to say hazard will be going up .3 this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Me 42 vardy mahrez Csf 24 hazard mahrez. If csf wins this one its safe to say hazard will be going up .3 this week.

You mean you're not expecting a hat trick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hon the Shels! Haz can win me my h2hs as well.

Ain't happening though. Unless my fortune regresseses to the fcking mean Aguero v Newcastle style!

CSF wrote: »
    You mean you're not expecting a hat trick?

As I sold him this week it would be a double blow if the unthinkable happened.

• Advertisement

The minute Ramsey scored yesterday it was lost IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Another week, another horrendously low score, another defeat.

Ten behind Zarquon with only Schmeichel left v his Azpi (we both have Vardez).

I hung that quote to the wall for the lads before the game for motivation :D

Lovely narrow win for my lads as well over KevIrl.
    Top three all win, haven't looked below that.

Three points taken off Depay me by Cech. My form of win one, lose one over several weeks continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I hung that quote to the wall for the lads before the game for motivation :D

Well done, I was playing with fire without both Mahrez and Vardy, got what I deserved.

irish son wrote: »
    Well done, I was playing with fire without both Mahrez and Vardy, got what I deserved.

Drop Vardez, get banged.

Finally stopped my vicious circle of 6 defeats in a row...

But I'm still fully into what looks like the worst relegation dogfight in the history of mankind (yeah yeah it's THAT tight :p) :eek: :pac:... . Looks like there'll be 5 teams on 18 pts at the bottom, 2 on 19 just above and then Gillespie & myself on 21 :eek:... Fortunately I did not lose though :eek:!!!

Back to winning ways. A stephens day showdown with swiper is looming in the background.

Holy crap. I sneaked a highly unexpected 1 point win in this thanks to Iago not having Vardy. Thought he did have so had written this tie off till I noticed a weird looking green pointy thing amidst a long line of red!

Looking at it another way Mourinho trying to get Hazard to play on therefore takin him past 30mins won me the tie!! :D

Up to 9th. Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FHFC wrote: »
    Holy crap. I sneaked a highly unexpected 1 point win in this thanks to Iago not having Vardy. Thought he did have so had written this tie off till I noticed a weird looking green pointy thing amidst a long line of red!

Looking at it another way Mourinho trying to get Hazard to play on therefore takin him past 30mins won me the tie!! :D

Up to 9th. Yay.

What do you mean by the 30 minute thing, thought it was 60 minutes?

Is this a case of FHFC needing a link to the rules page:eek::pac:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/ :D

You score 1 point whether you play 1 second or 59:59:p

Is this a case of FHFC needing a link to the rules page:eek::pac:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/ :D

You score 1 point whether you play 1 second or 59:59:p

Thank you for that very helpful link. I'll have a read! :D

Somebody posted in the matchday thread as it happened about Hazard passing 30mins to get 1 point and I to my shame accepted it at face value rather than checking it out.

I take no responsibility for the original incorrect information however!

Any how. Back on topic. I won I won I won!!!

Iroced leads me by three and we've the exact same players to go bar my Coutinho. So it all comes down to Philippe needing to score more than three to get the lads the win.

Iroced leads me by three and we've the exact same players to go bar my Coutinho. So it all comes down to Philippe needing to score more than three to get the lads the win.
    Yeah, unfortunately Wollscheid couldn't give me the edge over your Dawson. Doesn't look great for me now. Have to hope for an anonymous 2 pointer from Couts...

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah, unfortunately Wollscheid couldn't give me the edge over your Dawson. Doesn't look great for me now. Have to hope for an anonymous 2 pointer from Couts...

I'd prefer to be in your position than mine tbh. I've a bad feeling about this.

Currently leading Busts by 13 points.

We both have Bellerin, Ozil and Moreno to come so it is down to my 13 v his Ramsey and KDB.

Could be tight.

Currently leading Busts by 13 points.

We both have Bellerin, Ozil and Moreno to come so it is down to my 13 v his Ramsey and KDB.

Could be tight.

Ye I think you should just shade it. I'd prefer to be in your position. I need a goal and an assist from the two lads you would imagine.

All three of us at the top could lose this week. I'm not at all hopeful with just Philippe to get me more than three against a well organised Watford side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've got Dearg81 beaten, assuming Kolarov and KdB manage to not score negative points.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Top 2 both look like losing???
    I have a 10 point lead that can be clawed back by Ozil and Bellerin

Top 2 both look like losing???
    I have a 10 point lead that can be clawed back by Ozil and Bellerin

I've lost. Needed 3 or more from Coutinho.

I've lost. Needed 3 or more from Coutinho.
    Until our 4 mutual players play at least 1 min I don't count my chickens. Nyom is second on your bench but who knows... Pellegrini & Wenger can be quite the joker can't they?

Hah! Thanks to Yaya taking that clean sheet off Belerin with no help from KdB I have a second 1 point win in a row. Sorry Thunderdog** :)

(** not even slightly sorry)

Until our 4 mutual players play at least 1 min I don't count my chickens. Nyom is second on your bench but who knows... Pellegrini & Wenger can be quite the joker can't they?
    Thankfully they weren't and I got an absolute vital scalp in my now ongoing relegation battle.

• Advertisement

Thankfully they weren't and I got an absolute vital scalp in my now ongoing relegation battle.

The top three all lost so disappointing that a one point loss sees the Commandos miss the chance to go top at Xmas.

Comfortable enough win against Busts in the end.

Consolidating my mid-table mediocrity nicely

Looking like a win for me (same players left) against Gwan the Deise to continue my win loss win loss tradition of the last two months. Again, badly needed.

Dónal wrote: »
    Looking like a win for me (same players left) against Gwan the Deise to continue my win loss win loss tradition of the last two months. Again, badly needed.

There is a certain irony in me as a Pool supporter benching Moreno and playing Vardez and suffering the consequences.

A win against 3rd place swiper. Gives myself and lemlin at the top a bit of breathing space.

• Advertisement

A comfy win over FHFC the cursed one 😕...

A comfy win over FHFC the cursed one 😕...

Yeah bit of a walkover, although I've actually won my last 2 in unlikely circumstances amid my spectacular slump.

Not really sure what I've done to the Fantasy Football Gods but it musta been pretty bad.

A second loss in a row for Swiper sees three teams now on 33 points. Disaster for our resident foxy friend and rumour has it that the lads from Evil Gus Parkers XI are feeling the pressure.

Three losses in a row could spell disaster with rumours abound that Jose Mourinho is being eyed up for the managerial position should Swiper be pushed.

At an early press conference yesterday morning, "The Fox, as he demanded the assembled media call him, refused to confirm that he would be in charge of the next game.

This has led to well known bookmaker Paddy Power paying out on any bets for him in the race for the sack.

I need eleven from Vardez to beat Thunderdog. Can't see it happening unfortunately and it looks like Busts will win to put his lead back to five.

Close one against Tom K

2 points behind. We both have KDB and Mahrez so I am relying on Vardy v his 2 points and Moreno.

If Vardy doesn't play for me then Fletcher comes off the bench with 11 points!

Take an auld break there Jamie, it would do you the world of good!

Close one against Tom K

2 points behind. We both have KDB and Mahrez so I am relying on Vardy v his 2 points and Moreno.

If Vardy doesn't play for me then Fletcher comes off the bench with 11 points!

Take an auld break there Jamie, it would do you the world of good!

I wouldn't mind Jamie taking a break either. Souare first sub with 7.

I need eleven from Vardez to beat Thunderdog. Can't see it happening unfortunately and it looks like Busts will win to put his lead back to five.

An aguero goal and I lose

An aguero goal and I lose

I got the win and coupled with a loss for lemlin it puts me 5 pts clear at the halfway mark. Wouldnt mean too much to win this Id much prefer to improve my ranking.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

A narrow 77 - 73 victory over Who 8 Paul? gives me an essential 3 points down the bottom where it is ludicrously tight.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I got the win and coupled with a loss for lemlin it puts me 5 pts clear at the halfway mark. Wouldnt mean too much to win this Id much prefer to improve my ranking.

I'm actually quite enjoying this league this season I have to say. That said, the main aim is still to just stay in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement