Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put new job on CV?

Options
  • 08-08-2015 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I will try to keep this short. I started a new job two weeks ago and it turns out there is a travel requirement in the job that they didn't tell me about until after I had started. It won't be regular travel but it involves going abroad for a few weeks at least.

I'm not particularly happy about this for several reasons, one being that it had not been mentioned at any point during the interview or hiring process. As a result I am considering looking around for other roles. I was offered other jobs but turned them down as I had accepted this one. I also have a few concerns over the job itself and whether I may be in over my head once things do kick off.

I don't know what way things will work out, but seeing I'm only in this place a couple of weeks, if I end up leaving, do I need to put details about it on my CV? I have literally done nothing since I started except watching training video's so I've nothing to fill out the job tasks with on my CV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

No, Do not put this on your CV unless you stay for at least 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skykes

No, Do not put this on your CV unless you stay for at least 3 months.

Agreed, if you are somewhere less than 3 months don't put it on your CV. And don't put more than 1 job on your CV that is 3 -6 months.

Your CV paints a picture of what kind of person you are, how reliable etc.

You can only bull**** an employeer so much about 'short 3 month contract jobs' which you quit or got fired from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

What would be the suggestion if I start applying for jobs now and they inevitably ask if I am working or not? I can't really lie and say I'm not working, just wondering will it seem weird if I start applying and say I'm working but my CV doesn't match.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭KingMambo26

While in the long term I agree with the statements above, in the immediate search for a new job I'd rather being straight with potential new employers. If they think you're good enough for the job they'll ask you in for an interview and then you can explain why you want a new job and be open about it or they'll smell rat. I hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

While in the long term I agree with the statements above, in the immediate search for a new job I'd rather being straight with potential new employers. If they think you're good enough for the job they'll ask you in for an interview and then you can explain why you want a new job and be open about it or they'll smell rat. I hope this helps

If you have 1 month in a new job on a CV that doesn't have the words "temp contract", or "internship" next to it, you wont get a chance to go in an explain.

Leave it off the CV, if you go in for an interview be honest about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭I am me123

Just came across this thread 😊

Does it really just depend on your contract length though?

For example, I was offered a contract of a few days, as I was only required for this length of time in the role offered.

Advertisement